36 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

It was originally pushed as part of the 'figure skating is dying, we need to get more fans in' narrative, back when it was first announced. 

Well, not believable at first even less believable now.

36 минут назад, mambook сказал:

If the ISU Awards doesn't get enough views, dare I hope they don't repeat it?!? :think:

Sadly, no, it's already announced for next year.

So basically, they want North American market back, I guess, so they are throwing something North Americans are supped to like, perhaps? For me, the mere idea is a horror. I still shudder at having pulled through Laureus last year. Such a waste of time. 
I admit, I might know more people this time round. But compared to Laureus, this has got a lot tackier feel to it.  

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What do you think of getting a stream for the ISU Awards so we don't need to give them ad revenue/clicks? Because people will watch anyway even though we shouldn't....haha

:2thumbsup:

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

What do you think of getting a stream for the ISU Awards so we don't need to give them ad revenue/clicks? Because people will watch anyway even though we shouldn't....haha

All our complaining about it aside, it's actually not fair for us to knock it until we've tried it, so I would be on board with the stream idea. At least then I'll know if my bellyaching is justified.

3 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I just realized that I have a Skype call planned at the time of the awards. Not even on purpose,  it's a family meeting. But... oh, oh no... how shall I ever recover from missing that? 

:LOL:

I know exactly how you feel. I realized I'd probably be at work, but even if I'm not in the office, I'll be working anyway. There is a very small chance that I'll be able to watch the ceremony. Oh no... :jester:

1 hour ago, EternalSpin said:

I know exactly how you feel. I realized I'd probably be at work, but even if I'm not in the office, I'll be working anyway. There is a very small chance that I'll be able to watch the ceremony. Oh no... :jester:

hmmm. I will be on my summer holiday. I suppose I can take some time off skating? :D 

I am having enormous fun at Russian forums which are taking the whole circus way too seriously. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

I am having enormous fun at Russian forums which are taking the whole circus way too seriously. 

yeah, I've heard something about Alina's fans... but don't really want to figure out what they're complaining about. 

20 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

yeah, I've heard something about Alina's fans... but don't really want to figure out what they're complaining about. 

I like her very much and I really don't know what they could complain of.

She's still the reigning Olympic and World champion, after half a season off which her bones needed, and has resumed training at Novogorsk with her team.

I could not be happier for her.