10 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

See, up until COVID, I was thinking that 4CC 2021 would attract a lot of the big-name skaters, just because it's in Australia. I mean, that's the one part of the globe they never get to travel to, even though they travel all the time. I'm sure a lot of them are just like us and want to see Australia. 

But athletes usually just go to comps, not to see a country. Though of course some (if they're not Yuzu) usually go for a walk around hotel, I met Montreal ice dance team in the center of Torino during my evening sightseeing. And Australia is really long flight for most, so not sure if team leaders would show up, though a lot still would, especially those who can't make it to the World team.

12 minutes ago, Lunna said:

But athletes usually just go to comps, not to see a country. Though of course some (if they're not Yuzu) usually go for a walk around hotel, I met Montreal ice dance team in the center of Torino during my evening sightseeing. And Australia is really long flight for most, so not sure if team leaders would show up, though a lot still would, especially those who can't make it to the World team.

I hear what you're saying. And yet, Kelowna was crawling with sightseeing skaters the whole five days.  Remember that the skaters aren't sitting in the rink from one end of the day to the other the way the fans are. They only need to show up for their own practices and events and otherwise their time is free, so they actually have more opportunity to sightsee than a fan paying for an all-event ticket would have. 

Agree that it's a long flight, though. Still, with Worlds having been cancelled this year, and other comps at the start of the season likely to be cancelled as well, 4CC 2021 would be seen as a crucial opportunity to get competition experience in in the run-up to Beijing. So if it does get cancelled, any remaining competitions that get held will have high importance for the skaters no matter where they hold them. 

I keep waiting for the ISU to discover Iceland. It would be so awesome to go there for a FS competition. 

1 minute ago, SitTwizzle said:

An open-air ice competition! :cheer:

With hot well baths between ice sessions. :5918bdaa089ab_0015(1):

That would be amazing! All the time we get to watch Yuzu he's skating in an arena with boards filled with ads and all... wouldn't it be beautiful to see him skate in a nice frozen lake in the middle of beautiful scenery? I know this isn't happening but just... imagine <3  Imagine watching Notte Stellata on a frozen lake in a middle of a dark forest under a starry night sky and full moon 0:)

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

That would be amazing! All the time we get to watch Yuzu he's skating in an arena with boards filled with ads and all... wouldn't it be beautiful to see him skate in a nice frozen lake in the middle of beautiful scenery? I know this isn't happening but just... imagine <3  Imagine watching Notte Stellata on a frozen lake in a middle of a dark forest under a starry night sky and full moon 0:)

You've seen this, right? 

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/athlete/emmi-peltonen

Unfortunately I can't see video on the link any more, but Emmi did go and do just that - skate a program outside under the northern lights in Finland. 

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Iceland actually does have a proper rink or two: https://www.whatson.is/where-to-go-ice-skating-in-reykjavik/. So no need to be outside! Natural ice is great but not safe for figure skating. 

1 час назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

So if it does get cancelled, any remaining competitions that get held will have high importance for the skaters no matter where they hold them. 

I just hope they'll announce ahead, so there will be time to change to other country maybe. But we must see what will happen in the fall first.

The ‘most valuable skater’ award - reminds me of some of the interviews/comments we read that have made it through several translations, for example English to Japanese to Russian, and end up garbled in meaning.   Its  probably not the case here because if it were I expect some of our multilinguists would have worked it out, but that’s how it sounds.

I dont want Yuzuru to win any award, because its nonsense.  But given how desperate ISU is and how they put him in trailer several times, he might. Whatever, I hope fans won't give this any click, view, reply, silence is the best way to react. Remember when they change the gala into this award after selling ticket and scream about sold out ticket = fans like this award. Do not discuss, do not fight about this no matter who's gonna win, do not give them traffic. 

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You've seen this, right? 

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/athlete/emmi-peltonen

Unfortunately I can't video on the link any more, but Emmi did go and do just that - skate a program outside under the northern lights in Finland. 

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Iceland actually does have a proper rink or two: https://www.whatson.is/where-to-go-ice-skating-in-reykjavik/. So no need to be outside! Natural ice is great but not safe for figure skating. 

safety first but just look at that place,it's glorious ....I don't skate but I'd love to go there too!

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Let's stream the awards show together so we don't have to give the ISU extraneous clicks :death:

so we can b****c and complain all together:176:

3 hours ago, Katt said:

I dont want Yuzuru to win any award, because its nonsense.  But given how desperate ISU is and how they put him in trailer several times, he might. Whatever, I hope fans won't give this any click, view, reply, silence is the best way to react. Remember when they change the gala into this award after selling ticket and scream about sold out ticket = fans like this award. Do not discuss, do not fight about this no matter who's gonna win, do not give them traffic. 

frankly they don't deserve him....and he certainly doesn't need such a ridiculous award ,we all know who is that brings money here.

This said I had hope for some sort of recognition for choreographers and /or costume designers...people who works back stage in general but it's the usual popularity contest and it totally lacks respect for skaters and their team.

7 hours ago, mercedes said:

safety first but just look at that place,it's glorious ....I don't skate but I'd love to go there too!

so we can b****c and complain all together:176:

frankly they don't deserve him....and he certainly doesn't need such a ridiculous award ,we all know who is that brings money here.

This said I had hope for some sort of recognition for choreographers and /or costume designers...people who works back stage in general but it's the usual popularity contest and it totally lacks respect for skaters and their team.

I can see certain people would be like "ISU isn't against Yuzuru, they give him the awards", the same old with JSF. I hope fans won't come and reply under ISU's tweets. If you can't help but to discuss, do it while locking your twitter for a few days. By that way, ISU can't see the discussion and can't put it in their stats.