25 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

from where did they take those millions "impressions" tho? Did they count all the enraged comments or something?:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:)

Of course they did.

Well, guess I won't be buying any Stockholm 'gala' tickets.

32 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

(from where did they take those millions "impressions" tho? Did they count all the enraged comments or something?:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:)

Yup. Even bad publicity can be spun as better than none at all.  But even the most determinedly blind of Ari's little pro-awards cohort can't be unaware that 99% of the impressions were about Yuzu - and Alina not getting a nomination - and how the poor live viewing figures suddenly shot up for the completed views once people knew Yuzu had won.

They won't admit it, but they will be chewing fingernails about Yuzu deciding, if the hiatus goes on too long, that he might not come back after all, or will just long enough for his 4A. They will need Yuzu and the Japanese stars to get the sport going again...

People caught ISU's bait already in December, when everybody started en masse vote on nominees to the point, that the site crashed.

I TOLD YOU to avoid it at all cost.

Whole week since the stream and every day you can find new artcles about it, mostly from Japan. They wouldn't exist if there was no demand. Stfu at everybody who enables it.

Oh my God, Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, who used to skate for Australia in pairs, fell out of a window in Moscow and passed away. She was 20. 
https://www.5-tv.ru/news/304355/figuristka-ekaterina-aleksandrovskaa-vypala-izokna/?fbclid=IwAR0WuIbbPCubqO6KxzD0C_ICjURenmj_SGTz14jwaFfTGe3NqH60yatRPEo

It seems to have been a suicide, she was depressed for a long time, they say. 
how devastating, my heart goes out to her family and friends. 

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

:59227c768286a__s:

:smiley-sad058:

:tumblr_inline_n2pjd9Lx401qdlkyg:

(from where did they take those millions "impressions" tho? Did they count all the enraged comments or something?:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:)

Not that they would have ever admitted any possible flaw anyway, not after Ari had already been busy rewriting history before they even took place happened. Of course the "response" would have been AweSoMe anyway.

Still, I'm pissed that the  stupid thing got more views than ISU broadcasts of comps and galas. They played their trump card spectacularly well.

I like to think that if people hadn't been literally starved for any kind of content and there had been some other sport to follow, numbers would have been different. Sadly, the merry ISU&Ari company just got ammunition for the next farce.

What I noted, is that their 150,000 "lives" include all views in the 24h. If they don't want to tell us what was really watched live, it's an admission that the numbers were very low, and that only the news of MVS fakeward going unexpectedly to Yuzuru Hanyu could attract viewers.

47 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh my God, Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, who used to skate for Australia in pairs, fell out of a window in Moscow and passed away. She was 20. 
https://www.5-tv.ru/news/304355/figuristka-ekaterina-aleksandrovskaa-vypala-izokna/?fbclid=IwAR0WuIbbPCubqO6KxzD0C_ICjURenmj_SGTz14jwaFfTGe3NqH60yatRPEo

It seems to have been a suicide, she was depressed for a long time, they say. 
how devastating, my heart goes out to her family and friends. 

oh my...😰

my condolences to her family

Basically, she found herself lost after she ended her competitive career, she did try to find some other calling, but failed to. She seems to have been drunk when she took her own life. She left a note saying “Love”. 
So devastating - just at 20... 

Harley Windsor 

Lina Fedorova - keep swiping 

Maybe, we as a society should do more for retired athletes to integrate and find their feet back. It’s horrible to feel at 20 you’re no longer needed by anyone. 

I've just learned about Katya

I remember her and her partner Harley from Nebelhorn2017. It was one of the first comps I livestreamed, and I was immediately captured by them. The future looked long and bright ahead of them. Something to take for granted.

My thoughts are for her family and all those who loved her dearly. Hope they'll get all the possible support

Some more details are emerging. She was depressed after her competitive career was over. 
She did try to start a new career as a coach or at TV, but it didn’t work. So she kept saying she was a complete failure. 

My thoughts go out to her and those who love her. Hope her family gets as much support as possible...

I remember a former swimmer represented Japan in two Olympics and had been successful as an actor after retirement telling Fumie Suguri that he spent ten years to overcome the sense of loss after retirement. It was after Fumie announced her retirement, and he knew how much she struggled until she finally made that decision, so he probably wanted to say that she was not alone. Fumie was listening to him in tears. 

It is tough to learn how much they have to suffer even after retirement, sometimes despite the success in their second career.

14 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

My thoughts go out to her and those who love her. Hope her family gets as much support as possible...

I remember a former swimmer represented Japan in two Olympics and had been successful as an actor after retirement telling Fumie Suguri that he spent ten years to overcome the sense of loss after retirement. It was after Fumie announced her retirement, and he knew how much she struggled until she finally made that decision, so he probably wanted to say that she was not alone. Fumie was listening to him in tears. 

It is tough to learn how much they have to suffer even after retirement, sometimes despite the success in their second career.

Here the situation was dire: Katya is said to have been an only child, her father had died several years before. The pressure to be successful can prove too much and the feeling you let your mum down must be terrible. She's very unlucky that she had her injury this year, and transitioning to life after a competitive sport can be challenging at any point, but when this coincides with a pandemic and an economic slump and an effective demise of any entertainment business, it may prove crushing. I wish we did have some sort of services helping young people transition to a new phase of their lives.