General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I'm still bursting into tears from time to time - it's a roller coaster of mixed emotions. I was looking forward to seeing him skate in Torino, so I am sad about not being able to do that. On the other hand, I'm happy and excited that he goes on into his pro skater career with no regrets and content. 

I wish I could've experienced more than just Beijing. I wish I could've experienced the reveal of his programs through media day, I wish I could have witnesses the reveal of his costumes at ACI, I wish I could've have seen him podium live. These are my regrets for not trying harder during the 2018 PyeongChang to find a stream for the Men's SP & FS - I would've discovered him then alas... life got in the way.

I'm happy I got to experience his last FaOI as an amateur skater, I'm glad I saw him reveal two new programs. And I'm so happy I found this community.

I will continue supporting him and I will go on to find any available stream that will show his future performances be it in ice shows or whatever other environment.

This is how I feel too. I wish I had known about him sooner so I could have gone on the competitive journey a little longer. I'm sad that I won't get to experience all that but happy with the decision he has made. He's still going to skate so we'll still get to see him. It doesn't matter where, as it is bound to be amazing!

Still processing this though, but I feel calmer about it this morning. I was happy to see him laughing at the presscon so that makes it easier.

I wonder what is the most memorable and precious moment for every fanyu. I still remember my emotions during every competition since the beginning in 2012. I will never forget how Yuzu tried to say ‘молодец’ during his interview after Rostelecom cup SP in 2018. And me screaming HE HEARD US HE HEARD US at my hotel room (I was sitting right above kiss and cry and screaming like mad). 

Guest Mary_kyo

I understand the sadness but honestly, as a fan, witnessing his tears in Beijing was harder than accepting it’s time for moving on and leaving a sinking ship. I was very down yesterday but then I remembered Beijing and all the past 4 years and so I didn’t shed a single tear today. Plus, although it’s an end of era but it’s also the beginning of a brighter one too. Time will prove it.

2 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

If Yuzu's intention is for his skating to be more accessible to more fans, I really hope that it will make things easier for us to get tickets in the future.

Maybe Yuzu can hold the first ice show ever at Saitama Super Arena :68468287:

my sister (a causal FS fan) is also interested to watch his iceshow. I hope he sell tickets to international fans!

27 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

this is how i'm choosing to look at today's events:

:LOL:

This made me laugh out loud. Love it!

7 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

the word has been banned for many years among us tho.....

Maybe lets start calling it his "next chapter"? Or "finally ISU free life"?

47 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Je suis triste pour moi. Je ne suis pas triste pour lui. 
Mon expérience de patinage artistique telle que je la vis depuis 6 ans est terminée. Une époque est révolue. J'ai eu la chance de vivre et de vivre l'expérience de regarder le GOAT du patinage artistique en compétition irl. Et maintenant c'est fini. 

J'ai pleuré toute la matinée au travail sans pouvoir dire à personne de quoi il s'agissait lol ils étaient probablement inquiets. La vérité est que je suis stupide et que j'ai été trop dépendant de Yuzu ces dernières années. J'ai un diplôme en langues orientales pour lui, j'ai parcouru le monde pour lui... c'est comme une histoire d'amour qui se termine, dans mon cœur. 

Tant pis. Ça va passer. Je sais que ce sera le cas. Mais je suis toujours en deuil..

I feel the same thing, it will be a long process to recover. Because is an unforgettable and magical part of our lifes. 

🤧🙇‍♀️

hace 18 minutos , Mary_kyo said:

I understand the sadness but honestly, as a fan, witnessing his tears in Beijing was harder than accepting it’s time for moving on and leaving a sinking ship. I was very down yesterday but then I remembered Beijing and all the past 4 years and so I didn’t shed a single tear today. Plus, although it’s an end of era but it’s also the beginning of a brighter one too. Time will prove it.

I agree.

ISU was making things harder and harder for him, the new rules were absurd, and JSF didn't treat him right. Now he's free to skate the best he can, and I'm sure we'll all enjoy it. I just hope he'll skate outside Japan, too.