General Yuzuru Chat

I’ve just had a text from my husband to let me know that Yuzuru Hanyu is no longer going to be a competitive skater ………. like Mr Orser on a memorable occasion, I have no words.

3 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Update: today is the launch date of Yuzuru Hanyu, the greatest virtuoso in performing art of the 21st century.

You heard it here first.

Yes

Apparently the correct term is Professional Athlete Yuzure Hanyu, the greatest virtuoso in performing art ( there's a tweet regarding definition, hence swift update )

3 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

[NEWS]

I was about to post this! 

There we have it, no half words. He knows his scores tanked, we know it as well. We also know he got better. 
So. 

Processing this, this really was the healthiest path Yuzu could have chosen really. 10+ years staying on top of competition, paying attention to diet, his body, the pressure… 

The reality of it was not rewarding, not like this. 

I’m glad he can say all of this with his own words. 

4 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Darn, he is as straight to the point as ever. Burn ISU, burn.

But also, it hurts hearing him voicing it out. 

No - it’s good to hear him voicing what he’s probably been thinking for years.  No longer any need to pussyfoot around those incompetent politicians 

1 minute ago, Xiupia said:

I was about to post this! 

There we have it, no half words. He knows his scores tanked, we know it as well. We also know he got better. 
So. 

Processing this, this really was the healthiest path Yuzu could have chosen really. 10+ years staying on top of competition, paying attention to diet, his body, the pressure… 

The reality of it was not rewarding, not like this. 

I’m glad he can say all of this with his own words. 

The entire Planet and planet heard it in his own words. Good for Yuzu to publicise that he knew and will now overcome this terrible injustice by having an amazingly successful professional career.