General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Maybe, but they didn't send Yuma to WTT. I expected them to send Yuzu and Yuma, but they sent Shoma instead and the only reason I can think of why they did that is because Shoma has a bigger fan base.

ISU and the feds lost a lot of money last year because of events being canceled. I'm thinking they're going to want to maximize their profits this season to recoup some of that lost.

I remember there were some rules at the WTT, which was why Yuzu and Shoma were sent instead. Can't recall what they were tho. 

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Well, may he who pulls in ratings rule the day!

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

JSF probably favors Yuma, but Yuzu is still the one who will pull in the ratings, so I hope he will get NHK, then we might get this :fingerscrossed::

• SkAm: Nathan
  • SCI: Yuzu
  • COC: Yuma 
  • NHK: Yuzu 
  • IDF: Nathan 
  • COR: Yuma

Otherwise, we'll probably get this :sad4: :

• SCI: Yuma
  • COC: Yuzu
  • NHK: Yuma
  • COR: Yuzu

If ratings (and tickets, if possible) are the decisive factor then Yuzu can get all six and then roll the dice later on to see which one he likes to attend LOL

Grand Priz series and Yuzu?  I think it is most preferable for Yuzu that he get Japan and Canada, Japan because it's home turf and they know he'll fill the stadium, Canada, because it's home-away-from-home turf and he won't have to worry about jet lag getting there and the stadium also will be filled.  I think it likely that skaters that are perpetual medal contenders, such as he, Nathan and Shoma, almost get to pick and choose where they want to go.  By 'almost' I mean they make their preferences known and then the authorities make their decision.  With Yuzu's well-known ability to fill just about any size of arena I would think there might be a bidding war amongst the Grand Prix hosts, if such were possible.  In fact, if there were such a place, I think Yuzu could fill a football-sized (both American and soccer sized) stadium.  Also, if I were the Tokyo Olympic authorities, if Yuzu is having a visible role in the opening ceremony I'd announce it early, without saying exactly what that role is.  That would not only maximize the Japanese viewing audience but also bring in tons of international viewers.  Yuzu has the ability not only to fill arenas but also to fill the viewing arenas.  I would be willing to wager that in competitions he's in the men's competition has many more viewers than the other disciplines, which also goes to show that when it's time to sell tickets Yuzu rules.

I can imagine that staying in Japan is more suitable for Yuzu this season.

GPF, JNats, 4CC and Olys will all take place in Japan and China only. Being based in Japan means that he won't have any issues with jetlag and long travelling distances.

I do not even rule out the possibility that he picks back-to-back GPs with CoC and NHK (if possible), so that he has to travel as little as necessary and has enough time to recover (3 weeks) before GPF and JNats. In 2019 he was completely exhausted after the NHK-Toronto-Turin-Toronto-JNats marathon. I'm sure that he wants to avoid another travelling madness like that one.

With that schedule, even the Beijing test event would be doable (if he's based in Sendai):

Oct 13-17 Asian Open Trophy, Beijing

Nov 5-7    Cup of China, Chongqing

Nov 12-14 NHK Trophy, Tokyo

Dec 9-12  Grand Prix Final, Osaka

EDIT:

Yuzu will skate in DOI and I'm pretty sure that he will be involved in the Summer Games in some way as well, so he has about a month time between the Tokyo Olympics and the first challenger events to prepare for the new season. I don't think that it's worth to travel to Canada, rent an apartment there and go through quarantine for that short time. I'm sure he can use that time better at home in Sendai for more practice.

EDIT the second:

The last time Yuzu has competed in China was 2015 at Worlds in Shanghai. FaOI in Beijing last year was cancelled, so the people there must be really dried out and can't wait to welcome him, even if the competition is held with no audience.

36 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

EDIT:

Yuzu will skate in DOI and I'm pretty sure that he will be involved in the Summer Games in some way as well, so he has about a month time between the Tokyo Olympics and the first challenger events to prepare for the new season. I don't think that it's worth to travel to Canada, rent an apartment and go through quarantine for that short time. I'm sure he can use that time better at home in Sendai for more practice.

I see your point and I guess he'll stay home. He might be tempted thou to go back in canada to do proper training with his coaches

12 hours ago, IceWings said:

JSF probably favors Yuma, but Yuzu is still the one who will pull in the ratings, so I hope he will get NHK, then we might get this :fingerscrossed::

• SCI: Yuzu
  • COC: Yuma 
  • NHK: Yuzu 
  • COR: Yuma

Otherwise, we'll probably get this :sad4: :

• SCI: Yuma
  • COC: Yuzu
  • NHK: Yuma
  • COR: Yuzu

Although the first is probably what Yuzu (and most fans) are pulling for, I actually don't think the second one is that bad either and is probably the most realistic. 

Nathan going for Skate America is a no brainer and since he favors IDF as well, I don't think the JSF cares enough about IDF to send either Yuma or Yuzu there. The toss-up comes between Yuma and Yuzu because there are probably going to be multiple factors at play (skater's choice, the federation's choice, and perhaps even the host country federation's choice). 

Yuma is the new up-and-comer and the JSF is going to be pushing him to replace Yuzu as their future star so if he is selected for the NHK I believe that agenda will be extremely clear. However, Yuzu is still the one that draws a crowd and if he is selected for the NHK the JSF and ISU may just concede they need Yuzu to make money. I think that would also be why Yuzu may be selected for the COR. Since skating in Russia is still quite big, Yuzu could draw in an even bigger crowd than one they may get from just the ladies event. Plus, Yuzu is very popular in Russia so the RusFed may want Yuzu as well. Sucks it's so close to the GPF, but if Yuzu does want to strategize and save himself for Nationals for an Olympic spot I could see him withdrawing from the GPF.

The reasoning for Yuzu going to the COR is the same he could go to SCI or COC to be honest. Yuzu is popular, draws in crowds, makes the federations money. But the ISU and even the IOC may encourage Yuzu to attend the COC because the Olympics will be in Beijing and he could generate some excitement and publicity for it. It may also be good if he can skate in China again and have some closure from the last time he participated in the COC before the Olympic Games. So really, apart from Skate America and IDF, I think Yuzu could go to any event. I personally would hope for COC and COR as weird as that sounds...

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I can imagine that staying in Japan is more suitable for Yuzu this season.

GPF, JNats, 4CC and Olys will all take place in Japan and China only. Being based in Japan means that he won't have any issues with jetlag and long travelling distances.

I do not even rule out the possibility that he picks back-to-back GPs with CoC and NHK (if possible), so that he has to travel as little as necessary and has enough time to recover (3 weeks) before GPF and JNats. In 2019 he was completely exhausted after the NHK-Toronto-Turin-Toronto-JNats marathon. I'm sure that he wants to avoid another travelling madness like that one.

With that schedule, even the Beijing test event would be doable (if he's based in Sendai):

Oct 13-17 Asian Open Trophy, Beijing

Nov 5-7    Cup of China, Chongqing

Nov 12-14 NHK Trophy, Tokyo

Dec 9-12  Grand Prix Final, Osaka

EDIT:

Yuzu will skate in DOI and I'm pretty sure that he will be involved in the Summer Games in some way as well, so he has about a month time between the Tokyo Olympics and the first challenger events to prepare for the new season. I don't think that it's worth to travel to Canada, rent an apartment there and go through quarantine for that short time. I'm sure he can use that time better at home in Sendai for more practice.

EDIT the second:

The last time Yuzu has competed in China was 2015 at Worlds in Shanghai. FaOI in Beijing last year was cancelled, so the people there must be really dried out and can't wait to welcome him, even if the competition is held with no audience.

Off-topic a lil bit, but those events in China a lil unpredictable now. 1) Beijing Olympic Committee will be observing how the summer olympic is held before even making any decisions. 2) Super strict quarantine and vaccine rules in China, which mean there is still a possibility Asian Open and CoC will be held with only Chinese athletes (or someone who is training in China, or allowed to enter China => few) if the rules are not loosen by then. 

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Grand Prix Series and Yuzu? I think it's better for Yuzu that he gets Japan and Canada, Japan because it's his own field and they know he will fill the stadium, Canada, because it is the field of at home and he won't have to worry about the jet lag to get there and the stadium will also be full. I think it's likely that skaters who are lifelong medal contenders like him, Nathan, and Shoma can almost choose where they want to go. By “almost” I mean they make their preferences known and then the authorities make their decision.With Yuzu's well-known ability to fill just about any size arena, I think there could be a bidding war between the Grand Prix hosts, if that were possible. In fact, if there was such a place, I think Yuzu could fill a football-sized stadium (both American and football). Also, if I were the Tokyo Olympic authorities, if Yuzu has a visible role in the Opening Ceremony, I would announce it early, without saying exactly what that role is. This would not only maximize the Japanese audience, but also attract tons of international viewers. Yuzu has the ability to not only fill arenas but also fill viewing arenas.I would bet that in the competitions it is in the men's competition has a lot more viewers than other disciplines, which also shows that when it is time to sell tickets Yuzu rules. This would not only maximize the Japanese audience, but also attract tons of international viewers. Yuzu has the ability to not only fill arenas but also fill viewing arenas. I would bet that in the competitions it is in the men's competition has a lot more viewers than other disciplines, which also shows that when it is time to sell tickets Yuzu rules.This would not only maximize the Japanese audience, but also attract tons of international viewers. Yuzu has the ability to not only fill arenas but also fill viewing arenas. I would bet that in the competitions it is in the men's competition has a lot more viewers than other disciplines, which also shows that when it is time to sell tickets Yuzu rules.

YES as you wrote Yuzu and I don't think so, I am 500% sure that he could fill a football stadium, like the Stade de France Paris that I saw in real life in 2014, during 'a concert by my favorite Indochine group (the Adventurer) and it was full everywhere : lawn and grandstand and I had to go there this 19, but canceled due to COVID and I can say that it makes a lot of people and if? there was the possibility that the lawn of a stadium is transformed into ice and Yuzu come, then that would be the rusch = Yuzu comes at the Stade de France :mushroom8:: snonegai:

1 hour ago, KendallKlaire said:

While the former is probably what Yuzu (and most fans) are looking for, I don't think the latter is that bad either and is probably the most realistic. 

Nathan is going for Skate America is a no-brainer and since he's also promoting the IDF, I don't think the JSF cares enough about the IDF to send Yuma or Yuzu there. The draw is between Yuma and Yuzu as there are likely going to be several factors at play (choice of skater, choice of federation, and maybe even choice of host nation federation). 

Yuma is the newcomer and JSF are going to push him to replace Yuzu as a future star, so if he is selected for NHK I think the agenda will be extremely clear. However, Yuzu is always the one to draw the crowds and if selected for NHK, JSF and ISU might just admit that they need Yuzu to make money. I think that would also be the reason why Yuzu could be selected for the COR. Since skating in Russia is still pretty big, Yuzu could draw an even bigger crowd than they could get just at the women's event. Moreover, Yuzu is very popular in Russia, so the RusFed may also want Yuzu.Sucks, it's so close to the GPF, but if Yuzu is to strategize and run away for the national championships for an Olympic spot, I could see him withdraw from the GPF.

The reasoning for Yuzu to go to COR is the same as he could go to SCI or COC to be honest. Yuzu is popular, attracts crowds, makes money in federations. But the ISU and even the IOC might encourage Yuzu to attend the COC because the Olympics will be held in Beijing and he might generate enthusiasm and publicity for it. It might also be good if he could skate in China again and have some perspective from his last COC appearance before the Olympics. So really, other than Skate America and IDF, I think Yuzu could go to any event. Personally, I hope the COC and COR are as weird as it sounds ...

Yes Yuzu is known and appreciated in Russia  and I remember a practice (I think Rostelecom?) Where he stops in front of TAT and she gets up / kisses him and talks together and I think can skater out Russian, have privilege with TAT 

Certainly Yuma is talented and young and the whole future for him and ditto, the JSF will push him (when Yuzu retires) as a star, but Shoma here ns  ? he really deserves to be a star too : so would be ideal : Yuma and Shoma, like now with Yuzu and Shoma 

i was watching this very cute compilation and when they showed the clips from (i believe it was?) SCI 2019 gala practice, where he has his grey jacket around his waist, and i realized that yuzu in a skirt would be amazing... i think there are a few clips of him in a pink skirt from an ice show a very long time ago, but i would love to see him wear one nowadays XD