General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

So in Italy, it's hot : but don't come to France, it's raining and "  roughly"? 18 °  :judgmental:and at the moment at 1:20 am or 1:20 AM, I have 13 ° 

here 24°C at the moment but a nice breeze has just begun. I'm laying down in a hammock on my balcony. I don't envy you for sure, it's really a sh...ty weather , sorry to hear that 
:10742288:

3 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

OT now - sorry for the late response on Yuzuru's chill on Yumeji's theme:

I just opened a second tab with the original music and listened to it while watching Yuzuru's muted video. :happy:

ex. Love mood

:thankssign: and not sorry, because sometimes you can not be everywhere and there is a saying : "Better late than never" :music:

sweet dreams to all satellites on mine timezone and have a nice day to everybody else.
here's some yuzutonin for you all ;)

207520788_10225057232195894_217033837852
 credit: screenshot from the yt video I was asking about a few posts ago 

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

Non, Skate America ne veut pas de lui, Lol. NBC pense qu'il peut obtenir le plus grand public si les athlètes américains gagnent, et malheureusement, ils pourraient avoir raison car une grande partie de la population américaine semble s'intéresser uniquement à Team USA. : /

I bet Skate Canada would love to have it. They lost big last year and had to cancel almost all of their events, including Worlds, ICA and SCI. Kelowna mentioned how hosting SCI in 2019 has boosted their economy. The Russian press also mentioned in 2019 how much the Rostelecom arena seemed empty due to the lack of Fanyus. It could have been for the men's event, as the Eteri girls are quite popular in Russia. There were rumors during the 2018-19 season that the French Fed was trying to negotiate a deal with JSF to send Yuzu to the IDF in exchange for the French sending Papadakis / Cizeron to NHK.And someone else mentioned that Yuzu hasn't competed in China since 2015, so there is certainly pent-up demand to see him there, and his presence can be used to highlight Beijing's upcoming Olys.

Yes, I can see JSF giving NHK to Yuma to position him as one of the top Olys contenders. They can also assign Shoma to NHK to help with ratings.

Personally, I hope Yuzu will not be assigned to COR. Getting vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get COVID (especially with the newer variants going around), it just means you're not likely to have a severe case. So a mild or moderate case can still knock you out for a week or two, and COR is just ahead of GPF with JNats not far behind.

With all the uncertainty, I wonder if it might not be better for ISU to do similar assignments as last season, where the skaters compete locally if possible.

OK, I'm going to look for Gabriella and Guillaume and I had the COVID at the beginning of February, but practically asymptomatic : only small aches  and a little fatigue  :shrug: and my 2 colleagues, they  had it very bad and flat for 2 / 3 weeks and I will get vaccinated soon ....... 

16 minutes ago, gaia said:

sweet dreams to all the satellites in my time zone and good day to everyone else.
here is yuzutonin for you all;)

207520788_10225057232195894_217033837852
 credit: screenshot of the yt video I told you about a few articles ago 

Good night hot in Italy and day, cool hammock and I like the black and white photo and one eye Yuzu : peekapooh:

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

With that schedule, even the Beijing test event would be doable (if he's based in Sendai):

Oct 13-17 Asian Open Trophy, Beijing

Nov 5-7    Cup of China, Chongqing

Nov 12-14 NHK Trophy, Tokyo

Dec 9-12  Grand Prix Final, Osaka

Is there a prize for guessing correctly? :smiley-laughing021:

Almost the same except instead of CoC, I'd go for SCI.  Asian Open is more likely but ACI is also possible if Yuzu wants to train in Canada for early part of season.  I think GP assignments will be driven by money this year - it's no coincidence that SOI and DOI are co-organised by JSF and sponsors increased for DOI once Yuzu was in the line-up (not saying he doesn't want to do it, he probably does).   More than likely NHK will request Yuzu for same reason no matter what JSF politics are.  Also traditionally NHK is assigned to the JNats champion not necessarily based on WC placements which are skaters' preferences. 

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Yep! That, plus super long quarantine period. I think they still go with 21 days?

So, for all intents and purposes, they'll either be limiting events to Chinese athletes only, or else conducting them in a super tight bubble, at least for now. 

I keep having this feeling  that Beijing ain't gonna happen, and all this travel restrictions stuff does nor improve my confidence 

35 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, for all intents and purposes, they'll either be limiting events to Chinese athletes only, or else conducting them in a super tight bubble, at least for now. 

I keep having this feeling  that Beijing ain't gonna happen, and all this travel restrictions stuff does nor improve my confidence 

I don't know, anything can happen. But yes, the way it is now, I believe what you listed are the two most plausible scenarios. 

Edit: It's a minimum 14-day quarantine, so not necessarily 21 days (but could be LOL). Also, specific requirements and restrictions depend on localities and regions. The gov is applying an adaptive approach to dealing with Covid, so again, I don't think we can predict anything :shrug:

Edit 2: This is for US residents, but I think it applies for residents for most other countries as well.

https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/covid-19-information/

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel like the Chinese government will make it happen, whether it should or not. Those long quarantine requirements are for general public, athletes will have different ones. I'm sure they're willing to take a loss on no spectators than canceling outright. I mean, Tokyo is happening, and the world is in a far worse state this summer than it should (hopefully) be in 2022.... Well, 🤞 

Tldr: it's gonna happen (even though I will probably have more hair if it doesn't)

7 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

OK, I'm going to look for Gabriella and Guillaume and I had the COVID at the beginning of February, but practically asymptomatic : only small aches  and a little fatigue  :shrug: and my 2 colleagues, they  had it very bad and flat for 2 / 3 weeks and I will get vaccinated soon ....... 

Glad to hear your case was mild. They don't know how long the immunity lasts, so it's best to still get vaccinated.

12 hours ago, msginnymoon said:

I know I'm super late for this (been away for a while), but does anyone have this audio? I could translate from Portuguese to English.

Can't believe I missed it >.<

That's very kind of you. But it was a live broadcast, so I think there will be no recording unfortunately. :huh:

[NEWS]

https://instagram.com/sekkisei.official?utm_medium=copy_link

Translation