General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This is posted a lot, but I just wanted to say that I watch it every day, sometimes on repeat. Things have been tough for personal reasons lately, but watching him slide across the ice is an instant uplifting. <3 Yuzu

I posted  this SUPERB video some time ago and it is wonderful to see it slide quite simply with such grace , makes you forget our worries for 4 minutes and this is also my case at the moment. .. and more about MUSE  :music: and listen exogenesis this symphony is based more and with an extra bonus :peek::dancingpooh:

15 hours ago, barbara said:

The reason that Japan lags behind most advanced countries in getting their population vaccinated has nothing to do with "vaccine hesitancy" unless you mean hesitancy by the government.  The authorities did not approve almost any of the otherwise globally approved vaccines for many, many months, and wanted to do their own testing (which I can understand a little).  There simply didn't seem, to observers, that there was any sense of urgency.

It isn't the people of Japan who are displaying the hesitancy - the vaccines have simply not been available or offered and they won't even be able to inoculate residents 65 and older until the end of July!  And residents 16 and older into the fall.  

I can confirm that there is a portion of the JPN population hesitant to get vaccinated. I dunno how large this group is, but they do exist. 

31 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I can confirm that there is a portion of the JPN population hesitant to get vaccinated. I dunno how large this group is, but they do exist. 

I guess it's just the same allover the world. in italy too, as well as in the uk, some people don't want to get vaccinated for all sort of reasons

18 minutes ago, gaia said:

I guess it's just the same allover the world. in italy too, as well as in the uk, some people don't want to get vaccinated for all sort of reasons

Yes. Some people I know don't want to get it over safety concerns so if they don't have to get it, they won't.

@yuzuangel and @Yuzuwinnie 
hang in there! as my favourite singer used to sing: "cheer up, hard times pass" and "if it rains at least I can see the rainbow".
here's some yuzutonin for you  :*

https://www.facebook.com/1816324150/videos/10215282132046020/
*edit* being on fb hope the link works for you

and remember: the light at the end of the tunnel isn't necessary a train. it could be yuzu :D

208325468_10225047865641736_791568357109

8 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

This gets posted a lot but I just wanted to say, I watch this every day, sometimes on loop. Things have been difficult for personal reasons lately but watching him glide across the ice is an instant pick-me-up. <3 Yuzu

Oh god, I can watch it for hours! :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

On 2021/6/27 at 午前12時42分, barbaraさんが言いました:

The reason that Japan lags behind most advanced countries in getting their population vaccinated has nothing to do with "vaccine hesitancy" unless you mean hesitancy by the government.  The authorities did not approve almost any of the otherwise globally approved vaccines for many, many months, and wanted to do their own testing (which I can understand a little).  There simply didn't seem, to observers, that there was any sense of urgency.

It isn't the people of Japan who are displaying the hesitancy - the vaccines have simply not been available or offered and they won't even be able to inoculate residents 65 and older until the end of July!  And residents 16 and older into the fall.  

The reasons why Japan lags behind most advanced countries in vaccination, as far as I understand.

1. The infection rate has been very low compared to other countries, so it was not so urgent to proceed with vaccination.

2. Vaccines have not been developed domestically although Japan used to be very advanced in this field, due to some vaccine accidents occurred in the past, lack of budget, etc., and we have to import all vaccines (AZ vaccine is now produced in Japan under licensing though, and provided to other Asian nations.) 

EDIT:  Some Japanese pharmaceutical companies are now developing the COVID-19 vaccines.  

https://answers.ten-navi.com/pharmanews/20139/

3. Clinical trials were late because of the above 1. and 2 (lack of cases/samples)

4. The system of vaccination was late to build up as there is no nation-wide social security number like that in U.S., maybe because Japanese people do not like to be controlled and "My Number Card" system has not been pervasive.  And the manpower was difficult to summon.  Local governments were struggling to set up the system.

However, basically Japanese are those who believe in science, once we understand the effects and risks correctly, it starts proceeding quickly and smoothly.  Actually, occupational/campus vaccination has started already, as well as large-scale sites operated by Self Defense Force, and people under 65 can now receive vaccination.  The government has secured the number of vaccines for all the population, and made a special law under which specific medical workers including dentists can shot the vaccine.  And the rate of those who received at least one dose has surpassed 20%.  

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

I have appointed my first shot on July 4th. 

I believe the number of vaccine hesitant people is not so large, and it is true that some extreme anti-vaccine force is overlapped with antigovernmental force, so I don't believe them.

11 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

This gets posted a lot but I just wanted to say, I watch this every day, sometimes on loop. Things have been difficult for personal reasons lately but watching him glide across the ice is an instant pick-me-up. <3 Yuzu

His lightness and elegance on the ice are really incredible. He conveys so many emotions with his skating……. Wow :heart:

I also watch this video often, so soothing after a stressful day :heart:

3 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

The reasons why Japan lags behind most advanced countries in vaccination, as far as I understand.

1. The infection rate has been very low compared to other countries, so it was not so urgent to proceed with vaccination.

2. Vaccines have not been developed domestically although Japan used to be very advanced in this field, due to some vaccine accidents occurred in the past, lack of budget, etc., and we have to import all vaccines (AZ vaccine is now produced in Japan under licensing though, and provided to other Asian nations.)

3. Clinical trials were late because of the above 1. and 2 (lack of cases/samples)

4. The system of vaccination was late to build up as there is no nation-wide social security number like that in U.S., maybe because Japanese people do not like to be controlled and "My Number Card" system has not been pervasive.  And the manpower was difficult to summon.  Local governments were struggling to set up the system.

However, basically Japanese are those who believe in science, once we understand the effects and risks correctly, it starts proceeding quickly and smoothly.  Actually, occupational/campus vaccination has started already, as well as large-scale sites operated by Self Defense Force, and people under 65 can now receive vaccination.  The government has secured the number of vaccines for all the population, and made a special law under which specific medical staff including dentists can shot the vaccine.  And the rate of those who received at least one dose has surpassed 20%.  

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

I have appointed my first shot on July 4th. 

I believe the number of vaccine hesitant people is not so large, and it is true that some extreme anti-vaccine force is overlapped with antigovernmental force, so I don't believe them.

@SuzyQ , you've done a thorough job for explaining the vaccination situation in Japan---thank you!  I fortunately live in a prefecture with a relatively low population that had started vaccinating seniors as soon as they could and are now making it available to people under 65.  My son's university has also made it available to all staff and students.  In my opinion, the Japanese government did not have enough foresight to buy enough doses and not soon enough, when a number of other countries did. I also think that insisting on my clinical trials was  unnecessary since the Pfizer  vaccine had already been give to millions of people before vaccinations had begun, among those to people of Asian ethnicity.  As a scientist, I think the number of participants in the Japanese trial were too low to come to any meaningful conclusion, so much of this is due to bureaucracy wanting to maintain control.  If vaccinations were initiated sooner, Tokyo would be in better shape to put on the Olympics, although in my opinion, I think it is unwise to do so.  Well, off my soapbox , just hoping that most will get vaccinated before the delta and possible epsilon strains become prevalent.  I also think that the number of people reluctant to get the vaccine is not that high, particularly since the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are predominantly used.

After waiting patiently (well, not so patiently... :rolleyes:) for the post today, I received my copy of Yuzu'll Be Back III today. This A4 book is a beautifully done photobook that truly reflects how the photographers respect and empathize with Yuzu and understand his different moods as reflected in the photos. There is a jacket and on the reverse side of the jacket is a full body shot of H&E. The cover itself has Nats photos (SP, awards) of Yuzu in black and white. Speaking as someone who probably has purchased too many photobooks already this season, this is the best one so far---covering Nationals, Worlds, and WTT.  Admittedly, I was worried to see the Worlds FS photos, because we aware of his asthma attack, but the photos themselves are still beautiful, in a haunting way. Hoping the international satellites will get their copies soon---it's worth the wait!