General Yuzuru Chat

Until 1 hour ago I had the hope to see Yuzu skating live again.... Now my hopes have vanished :weeping: . Anyhow, I wish him all the best. 

And according to these assigments I think that if he goes back to Canada it will be only from August until the Rostelecom and back to training in Japan until OG.

Finally ... the wait is over. : panic:

To be honest I was expecting SCI. But maybe he will not return to Canada this year.:shrug:

So Yuzu and Shoma together at NHK. I think the Russian fans will be very happy about Yuzu.
Hopefully by then the Corona situation has also improved.: smiley-angelic001:

I wish Yuzu good luck for the new season. The most important thing is of course, that he stay healthy and injury free. 🙏

I totally lost track of time with all the working from home. Is GP assignment usually announced during this period? Felt so sudden. 

Japan and Russia...

In normal circumstances, I will be preparing for ticket fight and plan for a tour. Maybe I should just take leave and plan a staycation in a hotel to watch the comp online :sad4:

9 minutes ago, river said:

Not to be that person, but 4 comps in 8 weeks, yikes. At least this time GPF and JNats are in the same time zone. I'm having some 2019 flashbacks right now...

At least three comps are in Japan and the time difference between Japan and Russia is not that bad (compared to Canada and Torino). But yes, I have the same flashbacks as you. Plus these are the GPs with bad memories, so it is time to break some curses again. I believe in him.

33 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

I just realized that Rostelecom is in Sochi. Just wow! Despite all the virus concerns I am kind of clad that he will be there again and in the Olympic season. May that be a good omen.

it's not in Moscow??? Oh wait! Megasport is suspended. 

Has Sochi ever hosted CoR before? 

AHHHHHHHH :screams internally:

ok, the ticket situation for NHK->GPF->Nationals is going to be killer, not to mention do you think they'll even sell any international tickets at all?!?!?!? i have a feeling it's a no. and Russia's COVID situation isn't that great right now either, but they'll sell tickets to international fans right?? RIGHT??? AHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOO

And I have a feeling he's not going to ACI, or returning to Canada at all next year. ACI isn't selling tickets either anyway. 

This sucks, it's possibly (one of) Yuzu's last season(s) and because of COVID so many things just aren't possible. asdjfkl;asdflkjadfadls;jfl;asjdjsafajdf;ds I am a sads :(

I'm actually very surprised Yuzu's not doing SCI, but that probably has something to do with travel proximity? Nathan's obviously closer to Canada, but does that mean Yuzu's not returning to Toronto?

But him going to NHK and COR make perfect sense. I still wish he went to the COC to try out the waters before the Olympics...I do hope that Yuzu does withdraw from the GPF (if he makes it in of course) so he would have time to properly prepare for Nationals and the Olympics

I am not too thrilled with the backed schedule but I think Yuzu learned from last time and will plan accordingly. The only good thing that came out from the pandemic mess is that Yuzu now have a good arrangement for his training in both Canada and Japan. So, he can choose to stay and recover in the best place and environment possible.

Can Yuzu skip the GP series this year? Will there be any consequences if he did? just asking to see what his options are?

1 minute ago, KendallKlaire said:

I do hope that Yuzu does withdraw from the GPF (if he makes it in of course) so he would have time to properly prepare for Nationals and the Olympics

Somehow I can't see Yuzu doing this as he's doing summer shows + competing on the GP circuit. Yes last year was a fluke season but he's already shown that he's fine with competing/performing in front of a live audience to boot so I don't think he'll skip out on GPF in his country to prepare for Nats + Olympics. But just my opinion

40 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

OK, so were you there in France? I think it was in Marseille for the 2016 GPF and the cardboard medals .... The FFSG is a problem and the best will train elsewhere !!!!!! and it is also in Boston for Global 2016 also beautiful swimming pool :Do not like:

Here is the medal ceremony and Yuzu's face looking at Shoma with the podium shaking / no flags /  :umm:Yuzu who wants to make the "married" with Shoma / and the 3 are afraid to be together at the top (laughs green)  :waffle:and quickly on the ice : France is badly seen, eh YES 

9 minutes ago, filed_under said:

Hi everyone, does anyone have info on how I can buy tickets for Rostelecom Cup?

The tickets aren’t out yet, no idea when they are starting to sell them. Then they should be available. 
Mind you, travelling within Russia isn’t going to be easy. I am afraid that you’ll have to be fully vaccinated and have proof thereof to be able to board a plane from August 1st.