General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Fay said:

The tickets aren’t out yet, no idea when they are starting to sell them. Then they should be available. 
Mind you, travelling within Russia isn’t going to be easy. I am afraid that you’ll have to be fully vaccinated and have proof thereof to be able to board a plane from August 1st. 

Thank you so much! I'm fully vaccinated (though not sure if the vaccine I had is recognized by Russia) but just looking at how much the cost is going to be before I commit. Still very fearful to travel anywhere though...

I was able to go to SOI, but failed to get DOI ticket (still a slight chance left).

OK, now I have two more chances; NHK (Tokyo) and the Nationals (Saitama) :smiley-angelic001:

Another funny hashtag.   "It's normal for Yuzuru Hanyu, but that would be strange" championships.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/羽生結弦では普通だがそれはおかしいだろ選手権?src=hashtag_click

The guards are at the level of state guests.

An idol among cats.

Naturally appears in the ranking of those who look super bright and clear (others are all ladies) 

2 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I was able to go to SOI, but failed to get DOI ticket (still a slight chance left).

OK, now I have two more chances; NHK (Tokyo) and the Nationals (Saitama) :smiley-angelic001:

Another funny hashtag.   "It's normal for Yuzuru Hanyu, but that would be strange" championships.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/羽生結弦では普通だがそれはおかしいだろ選手権?src=hashtag_click

The guards are at the level of state guests.

An idle among cats.

Naturally appears in the ranking of those who look super bright and clear (others are all ladies) 

Hello! Do you mind explaining how to get NHK or JNats tickets? I heard a Japanese address is necessary?

2 分, Shaさんが言いました:

Hello! Do you mind explaining how to get NHK or JNats tickets? I heard a Japanese address is necessary?

I always try pre-order from ticket agencies in Japan, but sorry, actually I don't know how to get the tickets from abroad.  Maybe other overseas fans can advise you.

5 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I always try pre-order from ticket agencies in Japan, but sorry, actually I don't know how to get the tickets from abroad.  Maybe other overseas fans can advise you.

I see. I found a website here that explained how the 2019 NHK lottery system was done. Perhaps I need to start looking for a Japanese friend who likes figure skating...

5 分, Figure_Frenzyさんが言いました:

I mean not that I could afford going to one of the GPs anyway but even just reading those who attempt to go to the GP makes me excited 🙃🙃🙃🙈 (good luck to anyone who are earnestly attempting it though! ❄️)

It is always a bloodbath fight for getting tickets for any competition or show in which Yuzuru participates.  Good luck for everyone :20111123175648e45:

(I heard a rumor that some tickets of DOI cost over JPY600,000 at a ticket exchange site :rolleye0008:   So, the organizer seems to have decided to check IDs. )

rostelecom cup in sochi.... it would have been difficult in normal times, with covid pandemic still on it's gonna be almost impossible.
guess I'll hang on to that almost though.
better start to save some money (no shopping, no photobooks :smiley-sad021:, no food either). If I won't be able to go I'll end up buying a new car :smiley-laughing021:

I thought GPS this year might be like last year's, and skaters would take part in the nearest GP, but I was wrong...
I don't know what to think about the coming season now, but I guess Yuzu won't skip earlier competitions this season if he is healthy and his ultimate goal is ready by then. I hope the situation will be better enough for him to travel and compete safely by then. 

Although I am in Japan, it will probably be very very difficult for me to watch any competition in person this winter. I hope I will at least be able to watch Yuzu's performance live.

As to competitions in Japan, there have been no announcements regarding tickets for NHK or Jnats this year yet.

For newer fans, forum archives might be helpful. You can find past ticket discussions in the "community talk" section of each season.

https://planethanyu.com/forum/36-forum-archives/

59 minutes ago, Sha said:

First possible problem is, in my opinion, that it is quite quite possible, maybe even muri, that Japan won't open the borders for tourist this year... I had in mind to do a home-stay there to try to improve my Japanese next November-December... and though I haven't done a deep reserach yet, some places (Japanese schools) are offering this kind of stays starting March´22. On the contrary, some Spanish travel agencies are offering trips to Japan starting October´21, but I don't trust them.

27 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

It's always a bloodbath to get tickets to any competition or show that Yuzuru participates in. Good luck to everyone :20111123175648e45:

(I've heard a rumor that some DOI tickets cost over JPY 600,000 on a ticket exchange site  :rolleye0008:   . So the organizer seems to have decided to check IDs.)

It's like concert tickets, there is a "black market" where some sellers (unscrupulous) benefit and inflate prices and therefore organi his tors warn not to do it !!!!! and it's clear when Yuzu is present, everyone rushes : hachimaki:

3 hours ago, river said:

Well, might as well cancel my planned vacation for SCI. I'm definitely not travelling that far for Chen. (Tempting to go for Jason, but... no.)

Been in a meeting all morning.... so Shoma and Yuzu at NHK, guess they're going for the ratings. Lol.

Yep. Time to cancel those vacation plans.