General Yuzuru Chat

On 6/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, Anni said:

Yuzu's interview in K&C magazine 

It's wonderful to hear Yuzuru's thoughts as always - a new SP do you think then? "Something only Hanyu Yuzuru can do"...... do you think it's a piano piece? Showing off his musicality/interpretation/delicacy (as well as power!) of his skating?

Yuzuru is such a home bird isn't he, it must be lovely for him and for his family that they have all been together throughout the pandemic. Especially if they are laughing and joking together! (unlike many family experiences!!) 

Anyway, I had some relief reading this that he has not been practising 4A and that he has been caring for his body and honing other skills such as the "easy" quads!! Maybe he will view the 4A as a longer term thing and concentrate on nationals and Olympics this season - he really really is able to aim for Gold at the Olys and it sounds in the interview as if HE may believe this too, saying everything is his strength, and that is true Yuzuru - EVERYTHING is your strength!! And no other skater in mens can say that, imo.

Hoping Yuzuru stays healthy, and that he and his family keep safe in the pandemic.  Also hope he opts for the vaccine as it looks like all the Japanese elite athletes are going to be prioritised for vaccines from what I have read. He is scientific in approach so I imagine he will be pro vaccine, but we (meaning people in general rather than satellites) all have different views on the vaccine it would seem so I wont say any more! 

Thanks to @Anni for posting this translation :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

1 hour ago, gaia said:

oh  (insert any swearword you may like) ! it's gonna be 9 pm here and I'll be at work at that time

😭 😭 😭

I'm sure it'going to be recorded and translated but I just wanted to join it live just to show my support. 😢

Not be sad.troestende-smilies-0010.gif You can look forward to the summary after the work. 

42 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Thanks to @Anni for posting this translation :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Oops ... the thanks goes to @amylance1215 :wink2: I think the post was just misquoted. 

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

It's wonderful to hear Yuzuru's thoughts as always - a new SP do you think then? "Something only Hanyu Yuzuru can do"...... do you think it's a piano piece? Showing off his musicality/interpretation/delicacy (as well as power!) of his skating?

Yuzuru is such a home bird isn't he, it must be lovely for him and for his family that they have all been together throughout the pandemic. Especially if they are laughing and joking together! (unlike many family experiences!! If I was with my sister and mum currently I'd be tearing my hair out lol!!) 

Anyway, I had some relief reading this that he has not been practising 4A and that he has been caring for his body and honing other skills such as the "easy" quads!! Maybe he will view the 4A as a longer term thing and concentrate on nationals and Olympics this season - he really really is able to aim for Gold at the Olys and it sounds in the interview as if HE may believe this too, saying everything is his strength, and that is true Yuzuru - EVERYTHING is your strength!! And no other skater in mens can say that, imo.

Hoping Yuzuru stays healthy, and that he and his family keep safe in the pandemic.  Also hope he opts for the vaccine as it looks like all the Japanese elite athletes are going to be prioritised for vaccines from what I have read. He is scientific in approach so I imagine he will be pro vaccine, but we (meaning people in general rather than satellites) all have different views on the vaccine it would seem so I wont say any more! 

totally true
my heart trembled when I read about the new sp
the "haters" have always claimed that yuzu's programmes are "all the same" (hahahaha) and with LMEY he has undoubtedly prooved them wrong. now he can return to something completely of his own. I'm really happy for him and I'm convinced it will be something of epic beauty

fly high yuzu.  we are all with you. greatfully ready to support you ever and ever
your happiness is ours <3

I have a request.   Mr Hanyu if you are lurking.  Please could you drop the music moves you did to the BTS songs.  A nakie white wall somewhere needs a splash of creative dance.

Thank you....in advance.    :thankssign:

:fingerscrossed:

26 minutes ago, gaia said:

the "haters" have always claimed that yuzu's programmes are "all the same" (hahahaha) and with LMEY he has undoubtedly prooved them wrong.

Frankly I think haters are just gonna hate. Before LMEY, Yuzu has skated plenty of rock-vibe programs like Hello I love you, Change, Vertigo, and the most (in)famous Let's go crazy. They chose to stick with their sloppy narrative so it's best we ignore them. 

When he said that about the SP, my big brain imagined Yuzu unzipping his jacket to reveal the new costume, lo and behold.... it's Chopin 5.0!!! I'm all for it since it's gonna be hilarious watching the chaos ensues. 

Kao Miura's interview from Quadruple Axel:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Yuzuru is such a home bird isn't he, it must be lovely for him and for his family that they have all been together throughout the pandemic. Especially if they are laughing and joking together! (unlike many family experiences!! If I was with my sister and mum currently I'd be tearing my hair out lol!!) 

My presumption regarding Yuzu putting his 4A on the back burner is that he probably wants to have some proper in-person coaching to push it to perfection.  And he doesn't want to get injured working on it on his own.  He can have that as his goal this coming season and I hope he breaks it out, but not while risking injury.

As to the vaccine - he is a very literate and science-based person and I have no doubt he will be vaccinated ASAP.  He wants to skate; he wants to train; he wants to compete.  And, of course, he wants to stay healthy. (And also insure he doesn't in anyway jeopardize the health of the older members of his family, who I hope will become eligible for vaccinations very soon.)

1 minute ago, barbara said:

As to the vaccine - he is a very literate and science-based person and I have no doubt he will be vaccinated ASAP.  He wants to skate; he wants to train; he wants to compete.  And, of course, he wants to stay healthy. (And also insure he doesn't in anyway jeopardize the health of the older members of his family, who I hope will become eligible for vaccinations very soon.)

I had read that take up wasn't great in Japan and there is some anti-vaccine sentiment there, not just for this vaccine either...but I agree that from what we know of Yuzuru he is likely to have it.  His choice though, it's not compulsory in Japan.

33 minutes ago, gaia said:

totally true
my heart trembled when I read about the new sp
the "haters" have always claimed that yuzu's programmes are "all the same" (hahahaha) and with LMEY he has undoubtedly prooved them wrong. now he can return to something completely of his own. I'm really happy for him and I'm convinced it will be something of epic beauty

fly high yuzu.  we are all with you. greatfully ready to support you ever and ever
your happiness is ours <3

Ah but don't you know that Yuzu was copying Nathan with LMEY?? *insert eyeroll here*

Seriously though, I get so tired of when people say that Yuzu's upbeat, rocker programs are copying Nathan, just because Nathan had his Rocketman program. Yuzu has been doing these programs since before these younger guys were on the senior circuit. 

I also have to say it enrages me when people say Yuzu always does the same programs. With his piano programs he uses different pieces and adds different choreography every freaking time. It's better than when "Western" skaters (Americans and Russians mostly) skate to acoustic versions of pop songs over and over (even if the song is different). Moreover, with his Japanese programs, he skates to music from Japanese composers, all of the music sounds extremely different (Seimei sounds nothing like Joe Hisashi) and he tells different stories with each. I do get tired of when non-Japanese skaters skate to Memoirs of a Geisha because they are inspired by Japanese culture and they get praised for doing so, yet Memoirs is a soundtrack made by an American for a movie based on a book by an American man (he fabricated many details of it for a white audience which horrified the actual Japanese geisha he interviewed for the project). 

Rant over, I am excited to see what Yuzu is hinting for his short program. He seems very excited for it, so it's either something very quiet and beautiful and lots of transitions or if it's going to be something fast and wild ala Let's Go Crazy. 

41 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I had read that take up wasn't great in Japan and there is some anti-vaccine sentiment there, not just for this vaccine either...but I agree that from what we know of Yuzuru he is likely to have it.  His choice though, it's not compulsory in Japan.

The reason that Japan lags behind most advanced countries in getting their population vaccinated has nothing to do with "vaccine hesitancy" unless you mean hesitancy by the government.  The authorities did not approve almost any of the otherwise globally approved vaccines for many, many months, and wanted to do their own testing (which I can understand a little).  There simply didn't seem, to observers, that there was any sense of urgency.

It isn't the people of Japan who are displaying the hesitancy - the vaccines have simply not been available or offered and they won't even be able to inoculate residents 65 and older until the end of July!  And residents 16 and older into the fall.  

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

hiii et désolé d'intervenir, je suis toujours à la page 6442 de mon rattrapage avec ce fil, donc je ne sais pas ce qui se passe ici en ce moment, mais je dois demander ceci : est-ce que quelqu'un sait si cette vidéo a déjà été sous-titrée (au moins la partie sur les bottes, je me fiche vraiment de ce qui est dit dans les images N) ? c'est une vidéo qui parle des bottes Edea et de la technologie qui protège les précieux pieds de Zuzu : 10636614:C'était de GPF19 donc c'est probablement pourquoi j'avais complètement raté cette vidéo :tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:c'est la première fois que je la vois et je suis deux fois kuyashii parce qu'argh ils ont surnommé le tout ça donc je ne peux pas comprendre grand chose malgré la plupart des gens qui parlent italien LOLsob

(also why was jpn tv showing an UR jump very clearly as an example as why the other one they showed was fine but this one was such an odd choice LOL)

also it was so weird to see zuzu's imprint in there LOL

So compared to  his footprints, I guess his boots must be tailor-made : yuzupout:  

3 minutes ago, barbara said:

The reason that Japan lags behind most advanced countries in getting their population vaccinated has nothing to do with "vaccine hesitancy" unless you mean hesitancy by the government.  The authorities did not approve almost any of the otherwise globally approved vaccines for many, many months, and wanted to do their own testing (which I can understand a little).  There simply didn't seem, to observers, that there was any sense of urgency.

It isn't the people of Japan who are displaying the hesitancy - the vaccines have simply not been available or offered and they won't even be able to inoculate residents 65 and older until the end of July!  And residents 16 and older into the fall.  

Yes I understand the govt has been slow in this regard, but I did definitely read (probably in the Japan Times but I am not 100% sure of the source) that there is a significant minority who are reluctant to have any type of vaccine (so a history of lower-than-hoped-for take-up) and there were therefore concerns about uptake for the covid vaccine as a result. Maybe it was a speculative piece of journalism and I have remembered it inaccurately and mistakenly said there is already low uptake.  As roll out is slow there, there may not be data to support or refute this concern yet.  I hope there is good take-up, of course!

52 minutes ago, KendallKlaire said:

Ah but don't you know that Yuzu was copying Nathan with LMEY?? *insert eyeroll here*

nobody had never skated a "rock" song before NC did, how come I didn't realize that :headslap: (may the gods of rock forgive me for stating rocketman or lmey as rock music)
    *lots of eyeroll requested here*

Seriously though, I get so tired of when people say that Yuzu's upbeat, rocker programs are copying Nathan, just because Nathan had his Rocketman program. Yuzu has been doing these programs since before these younger guys were on the senior circuit. 

I belive some people need a serious intake of phosphorus for their brain otherwise we are witnessing a major increase of alzehimer  cases

I also have to say it enrages me when people say Yuzu always does the same programs. With his piano programs he uses different pieces and adds different choreography every freaking time.

there must have been a hearing aids (and glasses) shortage... 
      seriously as a new fanyu I've read a lot in a short time to keep up and i think it's just outrageous how  some people feel the need to understimate/humiliate        yuzu. my blood "boils" in rage. just cannot really get why! he's done so much good to figure skating, delivering performances of astoundig beauty while              setting the standard to a higher level
     luckly in italy we have max ambesi whose opinion on yuzu  somehow counterbalances all the crap you get to read

It's better than when "Western" skaters (Americans and Russians mostly) skate to acoustic versions of pop songs over and over (even if the song is different). Moreover, with his Japanese programs, he skates to music from Japanese composers, all of the music sounds extremely different (Seimei sounds nothing like Joe Hisashi) and he tells different stories with each. I do get tired of when non-Japanese skaters skate to Memoirs of a Geisha because they are inspired by Japanese culture and they get praised for doing so, yet Memoirs is a soundtrack made by an American for a movie based on a book by an American man (he fabricated many details of it for a white audience which horrified the actual Japanese geisha he interviewed for the project). 

Rant over, I am excited to see what Yuzu is hinting for his short program. He seems very excited for it, so it's either something very quiet and beautiful and lots of transitions or if it's going to be something fast and wild ala Let's Go Crazy. 

<3<3<3 we'll see but whater it will be I'm sure he's going to leave us all breathless <3<3<3 

55 minutes ago, barbara said:

Why Japan lags behind the more advanced countries in getting its people vaccinated has nothing to do with "reluctance to immunize," unless you mean reluctance. of the government. Authorities approved almost none of the vaccines otherwise approved globally for many months and wanted to do their own testing (which I can understand a bit). It just didn't seem to observers that there was a sense of urgency.

It's not the Japanese who are showing the reluctance - vaccines simply haven't been available or offered and they won't even be able to vaccinate residents 65 and over until the end of July! And residents aged 16 and over until the fall.  

Correct, I have a French document (which I had translated into English) but not the video and which explains why there is a lack of vaccines : "they are reluctant and less than 2% of the Japanese are vaccinated and at home in France, it is at 35% and only doctors and nurses are authorized to  vaccinate, but the laboratories (Pfi zer)   have concluded an agreement with the Olympic committee to provide doses to athletes and delegations : Japan is facing a 4th wave of contamination and you can click on (in blue below the video "the slowness of the vaccine program") and 80% of the Japanese are opposed to the Olympics and there are demonstrations of "anti" 

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/1014315/article/2021-05-28/jo-de-tokyo-l-etat-d-urgence-prolonge-au-japon-deux-mois-des-jeux-olympiques  

10 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Yuzu's interview in K&C magazine 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

thank you so much for this translation!! his words are beautiful as always :peek:it sounds like he's for sure not keeping LMEY next season though.... maybe someday it'll come back as an ex! and a sp that "only yuzuru hanyu can skate" :smiley-confused001: i wonder what that's going to be!!