General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Here is the song with French subtitles:

And here's one with English subtitles:

And @LadyLou made this beautiful video for Yuzu for our Yuzuru 2020 anniversary project:

THANK YOU very much for the one  subtitled in French and in addition to the TOP lyrics, there are love poems WAOUHHHHH and the video is very beautiful : I am RAVIE +++++++  : clapclap4:  and wonderful song that I discover and BRAVO to Ladylou for seeing this created birthday video for Yuzu, yes this GPF was in December and she chose her sentences well :peace2:   

42 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Where's Cup of China this year? If it's being held at the Olympic rink for Beijing,  then I can't see Yuzu not wanting to go there. Just to get a feel for it. 

Cup of China is in Chongqing. Asian Open on Oct 13-17 is in Beijing and is the OWG Test Event, so maybe he might want to do that instead of ACI? But that doesn't give him much time to go to Canada if he's assigned to SCI.

ETA: Also don't know about China's travel restrictions, so it will depend on that.

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

And @LadyLou made this beautiful video for Yuzu for our 2020 Yuzuru Birthday project:

wow @LadyLou did a great job there :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

yuzu skating to that song is pure magic: lyrics couldn't fit more to what we all feel about him <3

in this regard I just made this random thought
some people say that yuzu is a rockstar and we fanyus are in love with him just because of this. reading trought this forum though It's plain to see this is deeply untrue.
he's cute, he's handsome, his skating is as beautiful as his soul and we all adore him but, as far as I remember, even in my younger age, I never felt the need to protect one of my idols, wishing them happiness above everything else, careing for one of them as if they where the most precious thing in the universe

reading  posts of all satellites  I feel the love and care that lie behind every single word, giggle or even purple pants of sin stuff :D

just wanted to say I cannot deny I came here for yuzu but you all are wonderful.

P.S. If I sound too sappy, forgive me, it has been a strange day.

P.P.S. for any japanese male lurking skater with the most astoundig aura who is the light for so many satellites: if you'll ever want to conquer the world you have a grateful loving army ready at your "boots" :h99::h99::h99:

:thanks: for being our light

33 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Cup of China is in Chongqing. Asian Open on Oct 13-17 is in Beijing and is the OWG Test Event, so maybe he might want to do that instead of ACI? But that doesn't give him much time to go to Canada if he's assigned to SCI.

ETA: Also don't know about China's travel restrictions, so it will depend on that.

Is he likely to be assigned to SCI though? Don't forget he was world bronze medalist this year. Idk know if that makes a difference but it does mean he's assigned after Nathan and Yuma get their choices, right? So it might end up being IdF, no? 

I mean, that's assuming Nathan does what we all expect from him and picks SkAm. Then it's just a question of where Yuma thinks he'd be better off. I don't think he's done many competitions in North America but he's used to Europe.  Also, he might choose based on where he thinks he'd be more likely to win. IdF usually has a weak field and that might be a strategically wise choice for Yuma right now. But if he doesn't go for that, then Yuzu will be left with IdF, I believe. 

Then it's CoR, CoC  and NHK. Both Yuzu and Yuma would benefit from NHK. Nathan gets first pick though. IMO Nathan will go for CoR, but you never know. Assuming Yuma takes NHK, Yuzu gets CoC. If Nathan decides to pick NHK, then all bets are off. Yuzu would probably love to get CoR, but I think Yuma would be more likely to choose it. 

So, assuming travel restrictions are no longer an issue, the most likely assignments for Yuzu, in my estimation, are IdF and CoC/CoR. 

If everything remains pandemic borked though, nobody's going nowhere.  

28 minutes ago, IceWings said:

China has been changing their travel restrictions based on outbreaks in assorted provinces.  I can't imagine anyone traveling to China for a Challenger event, but I imagine there will be Russians there.  I'm sure he'd like to try to actual rink, but, depending on where he is training (and hoping it's Canada), I can't see him going there.  (I'm just a wishful thinker....)

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is he likely to be assigned to SCI though? Don't forget he was world bronze medalist this year. Idk know if that makes a difference but it does mean he's assigned after Nathan and Yuma get their choices, right? So it might end up being IdF, no? 

I mean, that's assuming Nathan does what we all expect from him and picks SkAm. Then it's just a question of where Yuma thinks he'd be better off. I don't think he's done many competitions in North America but he's used to Europe.  Also, he might choose based on where he thinks he'd be more likely to win. IdF usually has a weak field and that might be a strategically wise choice for Yuma right now. But if he doesn't go for that, then Yuzu will be left with IdF, I believe. 

Then it's CoR, CoC  and NHK. Both Yuzu and Yuma would benefit from NHK. Nathan gets first pick though. IMO Nathan will go for CoR, but you never know. Assuming Yuma takes NHK, Yuzu gets CoC. If Nathan decides to pick NHK, then all bets are off. Yuzu would probably love to get CoR, but I think Yuma would be more likely to choose it. 

So, assuming travel restrictions are no longer an issue, the most likely assignments for Yuzu, in my estimation, are IdF and CoC/CoR. 

Nathan probably is going with his usual choices: SkAm and IDF. Yuma might get NHK and something else. I have a funny feeling that Yuzu might end up with the last GP before the GPF, AKA Rostelecom Cup. If it comes in full circle, he might get CoC and Rostelecom again.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It is not so simple as "skaters pick their favorite competitions". Feds have also a say. I remember how Nathan said during the season 19-20 how NHK would have been ideal for his school schedule but Japan wanted Yuzu. Yuzu had not been at NHK for two years then and the viewer rates had been very poor. So I guess that NHK has also some power to say who they want to compete in their own competition. Is it Yuzu or Yuma, no idea but I would be surprised if it was Nathan especially with pandemic. No fed wants their top skater to travel unnecessary when there is competition opportunity at home.

3 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

It is not so simple as "skaters pick their favorite competitions". Feds have also a say. I remember how Nathan said during the season 19-20 how NHK would have been ideal for his school schedule but Japan wanted Yuzu. Yuzu had not been at NHK for two years then and the viewer rates had been very poor. So I guess that NHK has also some power to say who they want to compete in their own competition. Is it Yuzu or Yuma, no idea but I would be surprised if it was Nathan especially with pandemic. No fed wants their top skater to travel unnecessary when there is competition opportunity at home.

JSF probably favors Yuma, but Yuzu is still the one who will pull in the ratings, so I hope he will get NHK, then we might get this :fingerscrossed::

• SkAm: Nathan
  • SCI: Yuzu
  • COC: Yuma 
  • NHK: Yuzu 
  • IDF: Nathan 
  • COR: Yuma

Otherwise, we'll probably get this :sad4: :

• SCI: Yuma
  • COC: Yuzu
  • NHK: Yuma
  • COR: Yuzu
1 hour ago, IceWings said:

JSF probably favors Yuma, but Yuzu is still the one who will pull in the ratings, so I hope he will get NHK, then we might get this :fingerscrossed::

• SCI: Yuzu
  • COC: Yuma 
  • NHK: Yuzu 
  • COR: Yuma

Otherwise, we'll probably get this :sad4: :

• SCI: Yuma
  • COC: Yuzu
  • NHK: Yuma
  • COR: Yuzu

Well, may he who pulls in ratings rule the day!

4 hours ago, Melodie said:

Nathan probably is going with his usual choices: SkAm and IDF. Yuma might get NHK and something else. I have a funny feeling that Yuzu might end up with the last GP before the GPF, AKA Rostelecom Cup. If it comes in full circle, he might get CoC and Rostelecom again.

Why does Nathan always pick two early ones? It just means he's got six weeks of cooling his jets before GPF. Hard to stay competition ready that long, really. 

Edited: Nevermind, I see I got the order of the competitions wrong 😅.  

4 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I think it's a match up, though - the top two skaters get to state their preference and will get it if the fed agrees, every one else gets assigned

4 hours ago, lajoitko said:

It is olys season so I suppose PR will factor more this year. Seeing that JSF is pushing Yuma so hard right now, I still think he will get NHK. Same goes for Nathan I suppose. Anyway, he is free now so choices shouldn't be too hard.

21 minutes ago, Melodie said:

It is olys season so I suppose PR will factor more this year. Seeing that JSF is pushing Yuma so hard right now, I still think he will get NHK. Same goes for Nathan I suppose. Anyway, he is free now so choices shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe, but they didn't send Yuma to WTT. I expected them to send Yuzu and Yuma, but they sent Shoma instead and the only reason I can think of why they did that is because Shoma has a bigger fan base.

ISU and the feds lost a lot of money last year because of events being canceled. I'm thinking they're going to want to maximize their profits this season to recoup some of that lost.