General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

The pain of Yuzu merch constantly coming out but not being able to buy any of them. :13877886:

Does anyone else feel this pain? :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

It's really really difficult to buy stuff from Japan where I live without going through an intermediary,  so I  can relate, yes.

3 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Congrats for getting the vaccination!  I am also in BC but will have to wait for Phase 3 roll out.  Glad to see the supply pipeline picking up pace!  My family physician thinks they will move up the schedule.  With warmer weather (on the Island) we are able to spend more time outdoors and enjoying long walks with Momo (my dog) in the sun. 

What a wonderful father!  I wish mine were still alive to be able to share my thoughts... alas, he is safe from covid and probably enjoying his whiskey and soda!  As Yuzu reminds us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Kanpai! 

Thank you! I was able to get an appointment for my Dad to get his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine at a drive-through clinic next Monday, March 15. March 15 is the first day that is available for seniors over the age of 90 and indigenous seniors over the age of 65.

I tried to book online after midnight last night, but had to wait till 7 AM this morning. I tried calling to make an appointment but all the phone lines were jammed and only responded with busy signals. I went back online and although I had to try five times because each time the appointment time was already taken, I was finally able to book the appointment for him. Ours is the only provincial health authority that provides for online vaccine bookings. The rest of the province has to call in.

I also arranged for a friend to drive him to the appointment. My Dad was very happy when I told him about the appointment.

When I told him that Yuzu is currently planning to compete at the World Championships in Stockholm, he was very concerned and wondered why they were proceeding with the event in the current circumstances. He hoped that Yuzu would be vaccinated well before the event. It takes about 10 days after vaccination to reach maximum immunization.

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

The pain of Yuzu merch constantly coming out but not being able to buy any of them. :13877886:

Does anyone else feel this pain? :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

What else got released? Recently, I saw fans, hand mirrors, and a photobook. What else is there to torture myself over not getting? 😂

I know it's not Yuzu's book, but mine, that is going to be published in June (I hope...). And it's in Polish, and it's about popular science and vaccines. But I thanked him for inspiration in the Acknowledgement section :thankssign: :heartsign:He won't know that but he helped me a lot during that hard pandemic time. Just wanted to let you know :smiley-happy105: 

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Apparently there has been another earthquake in Miyagi, magnitude 4.8, no risk of tsunami. It doesn't seem too bad this time but... sigh :14066882:

Quakes all around the "ring of fire" lately - Japan, New Zealand, California, even Iceland....

Google translation: “Yuzuru Hanyu's poster communication, everyone at Tome City Yoneyama Higashi Elementary School. "There are many students who are seniors from the prefecture, who support and long for them, and the news of Hanyu is always a hot topic. I will tell the students that disasters can occur at any time." I received.”

And the written message says: “Thank you(orange) for the dream(pink) and hope(yellow).” :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: