Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dear Yuzuru fans,

I am a 50 year old mom who likes figure skating and is a Yuzuru fan. I am very new to this planet (3 weeks now) but I am already fascinated of this young man's talents and amazing journey in life. 

 

As you know, after every Yuzuru performance the rink is covered with Poohs and they are donated to children in the city/country where the competition is held. However, this year it will not be possible to do so and being a mother myself, I think this is a big shame. As you know, this year's Worlds will be held in Stockholm very soon (22-28 March) and I thought that we can change this sad fact into good news for children: my suggestion is to start a donation campaign for a children's hospital in Stockholm. This way children will still be helped, the hospital can provide toys for children and say that they are coming from a great atheletes' fans. 

 

If this sounds like a good idea and you support it, I will then contact the hospital to learn how we can donate. 

 

What do you say? Are you in? Can Planet Hanyu make a difference? 

Love and hugs

Senem Gencer 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A young friend just got a kitten and named it Haru, so I showed her MOI Haru Yo Koi (with LMEY encore :yes2:).

 

Her response: "He's so elegant on the ice! His body moves freely and it's like he's one with the ice/music."

 

:nod2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZuCritter said:

A young friend just got a kitten and named it Haru, so I showed her MOI Haru Yo Koi (with LMEY encore :yes2:). Her response: "He's so elegant on the ice! His body moves freely and it's like he's one with the ice/music."

 

:nod2:

Omg, kitty Haru. :softYuzu:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, senemgencer said:

Dear Yuzuru fans,

I am a 50 year old mom who likes figure skating and is a Yuzuru fan. I am very new to this planet (3 weeks now) but I am already fascinated of this young man's talents and amazing journey in life. 

 

As you know, after every Yuzuru performance the rink is covered with Poohs and they are donated to children in the city/country where the competition is held. However, this year it will not be possible to do so and being a mother myself, I think this is a big shame. As you know, this year's Worlds will be held in Stockholm very soon (22-28 March) and I thought that we can change this sad fact into good news for children: my suggestion is to start a donation campaign for a children's hospital in Stockholm. This way children will still be helped, the hospital can provide toys for children and say that they are coming from a great atheletes' fans. 

 

If this sounds like a good idea and you support it, I will then contact the hospital to learn how we can donate. 

 

What do you say? Are you in? Can Planet Hanyu make a difference? 

Love and hugs

Senem Gencer 

I don't know how others feel about this, but I think it's a lovely idea and one that Yuzu would smile about (even though he won't be receiving a shower of Poohs which gives him pleasure on so many levels, including being able to give them away.)   I also don't know how you'd go about it, if you are the one wanting to organize it.  Maybe there is a way to GoFundMe such a thing but I've never used that so don't know rules and regulations.  And there maybe a Swedish fan on the Planet who would know of a hospital that could benefit from this.  (For me, I'd like to see it be the donation of hundreds of Poohs, but I suppose there might be greater needs.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, barbara said:

I don't know how others feel about this, but I think it's a lovely idea and one that Yuzu would smile about (even though he won't be receiving a shower of Poohs which gives him pleasure on so many levels, including being able to give them away.)   I also don't know how you'd go about it, if you are the one wanting to organize it.  Maybe there is a way to GoFundMe such a thing but I've never used that so don't know rules and regulations.  And there maybe a Swedish fan on the Planet who would know of a hospital that could benefit from this.  (For me, I'd like to see it be the donation of hundreds of Poohs, but I suppose there might be greater needs.)

The thread is here. So, if this hospital is chosen, there would be no GoFundMe.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anni said:

 

[NEWS]

 

:201111231756430f6:


 


 

 

 

 

I clicked on one of the links and the first thing I get is a warning notification: "This media may contain sensitive content". I was laughing so hard.:rofl3:

He sure can be deadly:coolio:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bit OT, but I uploaded the second part of #FigureLegends. This time it's Ulrich Salchow's story :laughing:

 

 

 

When I was writing this post, I just couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, I thought NOTHING can top Yuzu's rollercoaster career, but Salchow's is the ultimate level of flex :happy0007:

I celebrate him so much for his unshakable will to defend his Olympic title. How bitter it must have been for him that in 1912 figure skating was not part of the Olympic program, 1916 the Olympics were cancelled because of World War I and he had to wait f*** 12 years to even get a chance... and then the Snake betrayed him... :13877886:

 

I feel so happy for Yuzu that he got his chance and made the absolute possible best out of it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

OMG.... When the Snek jump betrayed even Salchow himself....💀💀💀

 

Never underestimate the Snake :laughing:

 

It's such a shame that Yuzu's average SP score in this Olympic cycle is an incredible 104.60 (Nationals and notorious underscoring included), but his two lowest scores were both against ykw in Saitama and Torino... thank you, Snake and Tulup.

 

However, all good things come in threes, so I'm confident that - if he has to compete at Worlds in three weeks - this time it will work out.

I mean... it's the third month of the year, in this cycle it's the third season, the third competition against ykw, LMEY is the third SP, H&E the third FS and LMEY is also Yuzu's third program of the cycle with slicked-back hair (after Origin and Masquerade). Would fit a third world title... it's probably all in his calculations, I guess...:hihi:

 

 

To be clear, I still pray for a miracle and hope that - somehow - the event will be cancelled BEFORE the athletes arrive. But if there is no other way out of this mess, I try to stay positive and wish for the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

 

Never underestimate the Snake :laughing:

 

It's such a shame that Yuzu's average SP score in this Olympic cycle is an incredible 104.60 (Nationals and notorious underscoring included), but his two lowest scores were both against ykw in Saitama and Torino... thank you, Snake and Tulup.

 

However, all good things come in threes, so I'm confident that - if he has to compete at Worlds in three weeks - this time it will work out.

I mean... it's the third month of the year, in this cycle it's the third season, the third competition against ykw, LMEY is the third SP, H&E the third FS and LMEY is also Yuzu's third program of the cycle with slicked-back hair (after Origin and Masquerade). Would fit a third world title... it's probably all in his calculations, I guess...:hihi:

 

 

To be clear, I still pray for a miracle and hope that - somehow - the event will be cancelled BEFORE the athletes arrive. But if there is no other way out of this mess, I try to stay positive and wish for the best.

If it has to be cancelled, then better before the athletes arrive, certainly.

But I should prefer Worlds to happen — and well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...