General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Pammi said:

Oh well my Pooh is on its way already, signed  from Yuzuru :POOH:  Of course in usual times, the Pooh rain is a gift for Yuzuru, with love from us...and then the Poohs are HIS to donate, I think that was the idea.... this is the Pooh rain for Yuzuru, it’s just not raining on this occasion!! But they are still technically Yuzuru’s - does that make sense?? :idk:....... 

Don't worry. The adress provided belongs to the Foundation and they know who Yuzuru Hanyu is and what this madness is about :)) I exchanged several emails with the Manager. She even raised it with the Board Members, so they all know about little Japanese cutie pie by now :)

7 hours ago, IceWings said:

I think that's fine for the Poohs that are already sent signed "from Yuzuru". If they receive additional gifts with a bit more explanation, then they will know what all the gifts are about. We all know about Pooh rain and stuff, but the person sorting the packages in the hospital may not be a figure skating fan. That's my thinking.

Hello IceWings ! As I also said to Pammi, "The adress provided belongs to the Foundation and they know who Yuzuru Hanyu is and what this madness is about :)) I exchanged several emails with the Manager. She even raised it with the Board Members, so they all know about little Japanese cutie pie by now :)"

lol

"Yuzuru Hanyu Diary" is scheduled to be released at bookstores and online bookstores after March 24th, but with many advance reservations, it is "out of stock" or "items that cannot be ordered" at each online bookstore.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and concern. We are currently in the process of reprinting, so that we can deliver it to all those who wish to purchase it.

However, since this product has many custom-made and manual parts, it takes more days than usual to produce, so the reprint may be completed after mid-April.
Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.kazi.co.jp/icejewels/mdse/diary2021/diary.html

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Whatever happens, I'll try to stay positive and send as much love and light as possible to Yuzu and the athletes attenting and people involved. May Yuzu stay safe and healthy! May everybody stay safe and healthy! :smiley-angelic001:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Hi everyone !

Does anyone have Weibo account? I can't open an account since I don't live in any of the countries listed on Weibo to open one (Switzerland). I will ask a favor from you to forward our campaign info to one of the fan accounts on Weibo please. Yuzuru has a huge fan base there.

Thanks

Senem 

9 hours ago, lajoitko said:

[NEWS]

Shinjuku station is one of the busiest stations in the world.  The numbers might be down due to Covid, but around 3.6 million people pass through Shinjuku station DAILY.  I took photos of the Yowamushi Pedal posters displayed in the same area two years ago, and there were many people stopping by to take photos or videos (like me).  In Japan, train stations are one of best public places for reaching a massive audience.  

On 3/5/2021 at 8:48 PM, Geo1 said:

Please everyone take care and stay safe. As Yuzu says, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Congrats for getting the vaccination!  I am also in BC but will have to wait for Phase 3 roll out.  Glad to see the supply pipeline picking up pace!  My family physician thinks they will move up the schedule.  With warmer weather (on the Island) we are able to spend more time outdoors and enjoying long walks with Momo (my dog) in the sun. 

What a wonderful father!  I wish mine were still alive to be able to share my thoughts... alas, he is safe from covid and probably enjoying his whiskey and soda!  As Yuzu reminds us, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Kanpai! 

On 3/5/2021 at 12:44 AM, Yukok said:

Sure.

To my surprise,I think  this was the poll fixing your eyes on the coming  summer Olympics.

Even so, we think of him  as soon as being asked favorite athlete🤗

It:s funny that the Japanese twitter world is tweeting about the Chinese sports news agency reporting on Yuzu coming on top of the favorite athlete survey.  :laughing:  

Coming back to the survey, I find it interesting that this was actually conducted as a random survey (versus some self-selecting surveys often used by media) ensuring diversity in age and gender.  And that Yuzu beat all the baseball favorites.  Baseball is still, by far, the most popular sports in Japan, and Figure Skating doesn't come anywhere near the top in this category - although it is growing in popularity.  

PS Apologies for the multiple posts!  Catching up on the forum...

4 hours ago, Fay said:

And I wanted one for myself. Boo. 

Can this be ordered from abroad? Or do I have to be in any kind of waiting list previously? I would like to buy it. I usually buy one each year, but so far I don't have one for 2021... and this one with our Prince is just lovely.

3 hours ago, senemgencer said:

Hi everyone !

Does anyone have Weibo account? I can't open an account since I don't live in any of the countries listed on Weibo to open one (Switzerland). I will ask a favor from you to forward our campaign info to one of the fan accounts on Weibo please. Yuzuru has a huge fan base there.

Thanks

Senem 

I’ll spread the message again! I’ve spread it on QQ Fanyu group chats before. 

Spoiler

Even though the results are disappointing as heck.
I’ll explain everything if I’m allowed to. 
im a bit scared haha wish me luck. 

9 hours ago, shanshani said:

vent:

Reveal hidden contents

I wish people wouldn't talk as though Yuzu is particularly vulnerable to covid because of asthma. There isn't much evidence that asthma is a risk factor for covid, and a good amount of evidence to the contrary. I feel like this creates unnecessary anxiety and panic, especially since everyone is nervous about Yuzu's health already. Of course the ISU's poor covid prep and general lackadaisical attitude toward the health of its athletes is horrible and world's shouldn't be going ahead as it is currently planned, but I don't feel like exaggerating Yuzu's risk level is a good way to make this point. 

Spoiler

Ok, after doing some research, I discovered that there may be some evidence that his form of asthma does confer a somewhat higher risk (although it's still pretty up in the air because it's based on only a couple of studies which may have methodological issues, and even if those studies are true, it isn't nearly as impactful as age and less impactful than the health conditions with a well-established link to worse covid outcomes.) Regardless, I think people should be circumspect about how much risk he's facing--obviously what the ISU is doing is not cool, but his risk is lower than, say, judges or coaches who are of more advanced age and not particularly high all things considered. Outcomes are very good for his age group, so even if his asthma represents an increased risk, it's an increase from a very low baseline. I guess my point is just that concern over the Worlds situation is warranted, but there's no need to panic or be excessively anxious about Yuzu in particular, especially if it's going to take a toll on your mental health. And I worry that excessively alarming sounding comments about his risk will cause a lot of people an unnecessary amount of anxiety.

Of course, all this could have been avoided if the ISU cared about people's health in the first place. :yznotimpressed:

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

It:s funny that the Japanese twitter world is tweeting about the Chinese sports news agency reporting on Yuzu coming on top of the favorite athlete survey.  :laughing:  

Coming back to the survey, I find it interesting that this was actually conducted as a random survey (versus some self-selecting surveys often used by media) ensuring diversity in age and gender.  And that Yuzu beat all the baseball favorites.  Baseball is still, by far, the most popular sports in Japan, and Figure Skating doesn't come anywhere near the top in this category - although it is growing in popularity.  

PS Apologies for the multiple posts!  Catching up on the forum...

Mind linking to the survey? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

11 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I’ll spread the message again! I’ve spread it on QQ Fanyu group chats before. 

Reveal hidden contents

Even though the results are disappointing as heck.
I’ll explain everything if I’m allowed to. 
im a bit scared haha wish me luck. 

Thank you very much, that would be great