General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu donated all of his royalties from the original Japanese "Aoi Hono" and "Aoi Hono 2" to Ice Rink Sendai:

https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/157848218067

That is how Ice Rink Sendai benefited from the sale of the original Japanese autobiographies.

Does Yuzu continue to receive royalties on the translations of these autobiographies?

Don't you think that if he did, he'd still be donating the royalties?  If not to the rink, then to reconstruction.

Checking the Japanese publisher's website I see it does explicitly say all of Yuzu's royalties are donated to Ice Rink Sendai so maybe the publisher manages all of that. I do wonder if the information about the donation was added later after the first book came out. Based on the recent interview in Number the donation from the book royalties was a surprise to the rink managers so I assumed that info was added afterward.

[NEWS]
Google translation:

“Donations from Ice Rink Sendai Hanyu Updated: 2021.03.10 ... I would like to report that Yuzuru Hanyu has made a large donation this year as well ... Donation amount received this time: 2,116,270 yen Cumulative donation amount from Yuzuru Hanyu: 31,442,143 yen.

Regarding the donations received, we will consider how to use them effectively so that everyone can use “Ice Rink Sendai” more comfortably. We pray for Yuzuru Hanyu's continued success and good health.”

Yuzu and his golden heart!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

52 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

[NEWS]
Google translation:

“Donations from Ice Rink Sendai Hanyu Updated: 2021.03.10 ... I would like to report that Yuzuru Hanyu has made a large donation this year as well ... Donation amount received this time: 2,116,270 yen Cumulative donation amount from Yuzuru Hanyu: 31,442,143 yen.

Regarding the donations received, we will consider how to use them effectively so that everyone can use “Ice Rink Sendai” more comfortably. We pray for Yuzuru Hanyu's continued success and good health.”

Yuzu and his golden heart!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He really has such a good heart. :) 

[NEWS]

NHK's weekly program titled "Nehorin Pahorin" this week featured people who were saved by Yuzuru Hanyu.  This program is well known for featuring cute puppet hosts who interview people appearing in the form of adorable piglets, who don't want to appear in person due to trauma experiences or prejudices.  Belying the cute apperance, the interviews delve into very difficult and sensitive topics and their gentle and caring approach help people share their experiences.  They include people who experienced hate because they came out as LGBT, or victims of domestic violence, bullying, sexual harrasment, and so forth.   Last year Nehorin Pahorin had a program featuring women who had gone through traumatic experiences but were saved by discovering Yuzu and his performances. 

This week, they brought back one of the interviewees from the past to reflect on how Yuzu has inspired her life.  In this clip, we see "May" who is in tears with joy remembering Yuzu's return to JNats in December 2020.   She says, "That was the best! From tomorrow, I will be able to make an effort again!  (To Yuzu) Thank you!"   

We should try to sub this program!** 

Edit:  **Correction - today's program had only one interviewee who spoke about Yuzu.  The other two are very moving and memorable, but not about Yuzu.  (In case you are interested, one is about a woman who struggled to recover from substance abuse and cancer and the program has been following her for years; the other is a man who had physically abused his daughter due to anger control problems, and how he and his family have gone through a long process of behavioral change with the help of support groups and their own efforts.  In both cases, the interviewees have established a long-term trust with the Nehorin and Pahorin, and have come back repeatedly to discuss their hardships and progress over many years.)  I will need to look for the program from last year, when Nehorin and Pahorin talked about Yuzu exclusively.  That program would be worth subbing!  Perhaps the other Japanese satellites will have an easier access to the program?    

9 hours ago, barbara said:

Don't you think that if he did, he'd still be donating the royalties?  If not to the rink, then to reconstruction.

I am absolutely sure that Yuzu would donate all of the royalties he receives regardless of whether they are from the original Japanese books or the translated ones.

My question is whether he has received or will continue to receive royalties at all from translated versions of his autobiographies. From this limited discussion that I found, it is not clear if he would receive anything from the sale of translations of his books.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-an-author-make-per-book-on-a-translated-version-of-their-novel

If he does not receive royalties from translated versions of his books, neither Ice Rink Sendai nor reconstruction will not benefit from the sale of those translations.

29 minutes ago, Muralla17 said:

Sorry to ask again about it...

I'm still interested in buying Yuzu's diary but it since you cannot preorder it from Amazon. Does this mean the diary is not available any longer :dontknow:? Or will it be available from the 24th only? 

Thank you so much once more 0:)

Looks like it's out of stock for now on Amazon and also CD Japan and they are going to do another printing. You'll just need to wait until stores update the availability when they confirm more stock so I would just check the listing every now and then to see if you can add it to your cart.

45 minutes ago, kiches said:

Looks like it's out of stock for now on Amazon and also CD Japan and they are going to do another printing. You'll just need to wait until stores update the availability when they confirm more stock so I would just check the listing every now and then to see if you can add it to your cart.

Thank you so much for your message Kiches. I didn't know another printing was on the way. I will check both pages every day from now on then. :2thumbsup: