General Yuzuru Chat

Reposting from the announcements subforum:

Hi satellites!!

As some of you may know some admins/mods and volunteers have been updating the Yuzuru News and Updates Thread since 2017! It was a lot of effort and coordination from satellites, and I'd just like to thank @robin @sallycinnamon @ralucutzagy @MrPudding for doing this for YEARS. I hope the thread has been useful for at least some of you! :20111123175531c17:

So given that it's a lot of work we have decided to stop manually updating it for now. We would like to try to automate the process of compiling Yuzu news with the help of you guys! :matrix:

Can you please add the tag [NEWS] to any posts with news and updates? We're trying to write a script that will crawl our forum every 24 hours and quote any post with the tag [NEWS] into the News and Updates thread. The reason why we can't have people just post in there directly is bc (1) I think people prefer to post in the GYC instead, (2) there's some post-processing that needs to be done to strip the embeddings in order for the thread to even load, and (3) we just want the thread to be consistent so we can easily look back in the future.

What is a news or update? Basically anything recent that hasn't been posted before! This includes pictures, videos, interviews, translations, Yuzu appearances in other media, mentions of Yuzu by other public figures, even news from ISU or JSF that affects Yuzu. Recent translations of older content is ok too! In general, we don't usually quote fanart, MADs, and stuff only about other skaters in that thread. But it's okay if we err on the side of posting too MUCH in the thread rather than too little. If you don't know if it's been posted before, just tag it anyway. Admins/mods can always go back and edit the thread. These posts don't need to be in the GYC. During a competition, updates in competition threads can be tagged [NEWS] as well.

If you see a post that's news but hasn't been tagged, feel free to repost it with the tag [NEWS].

Thank you so much!! We hope the Yuzuru News and Updates Thread will continue to be useful for anyone who uses it! :fingerscrossed::dancingpooh:

5 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Anyway if any of you are worried about not being able to stare down into something without blinking, I tell you this — it still works even when you blink when you do the long stare — it's the staring duration that counts :xD::LOL:

(...yeah this is a trivial comment, just saying! 😂😅😂)

Thank you :) I was seriously sitting here thinking that I can't stare for 30 seconds. Lol

16 hours ago, snowy said:

I have seen Yuzu and Nathan live. Yuzu's jumps are huuuuuuuuuuge. Nathan has some sort of similarity to Satako. Especially his 3A is very small and short which heavily relies on fast rotation. I can be biased though :wink2:

I've also seen Yuzu and Nathan live, not at the same comp though. Yuzu jumped a 3A right in front of me at a practice that was without a doubt, quite higher than what the others were doing. I was like   :knc_tracy2:  when I saw it.

When I watched Nathan, his 3A did not stand out as being different than anyone else's 3A.

11 hours ago, Kadova said:

... Well, Remember the attempt in the harness form last year, Dima, Keegan. Of course skaters are going to try it.

Yep. Of course skaters want to test and push their limits to see what they can do. Iirc, Shoma said he wanted to start training quints.

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I've removed it. I didn't know (when I first posted it) that it was a private training video. For some reason, I thought it was Skate America practice.

I'm sorry for posting it. If anyone has any questions, please DM me :)

I've been to the rink where Nathan trains with Raf. Unlike TCC, it is not a private club, so anyone can enter the facility during operating hours. Inside, there are 4 rinks, and one of the rinks is dedicated to US Figure Skating, so you can't enter that rink while it's being used for training. HOWEVER, there are windows on the second floor overlooking each of the rinks and you can certainly stand outside and watch through the window. It looks like someone shot that video through one of those windows. There's also a cafe with windows that overlook one of the rinks so you can sit and watch while having lunch (when there isn't a pandemic going on), although I'm not sure if the cafe gives you a view of the USFS rink, or one of the other rinks.

In any case, it's not really a private place, so I'm not sure if the people who train there really expect a lot of privacy.

8 hours ago, Veveco said:

Lilah and Lewis made the Japanese news with their Halloween cosplay, hahahahahaha :smiley-laughing021:

Japanese media is as desperate for Yuzu news as we are. Lol!

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I think, one of the most convenient things about Yuzu's skating is:

You don't need to imagine his abilities, you can witness them.

Indeed! I've lost count of the number of times I've watched a skater and thought, "They have so much potential. I wonder what it'll be like if they reach it." 

With Yuzu, you never have to wonder about that because his skating is always dialled to 11, so to speak. Nothing he does ever leaves you thinking he could 'do better'...instead you think, 'How could it possibly get any better than this?!'

19 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:laughing: Why am I seeing this for the first time?!! It’s so cool!! 

“Gaze at the red dots without blinking for about 30 seconds. Then look at a plain wall!” IT WORKS!!!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw:

While my wall is not completely white, hey, I got my belated Oct's Yuzu & Wall! 

16 hours ago, yuzupon said:

On the topic of jumping technique: Alice's summary of the takeoffs of Toe jumps.

Sorry may I ask an off topic question - is she not writing any more or just moved to another blog?  Her analysis has been v informative and helpful for new joiners like me to learn about FS and understand more after each Yuzu’s competition or gala performance... and her GIFs are great..

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Sorry may I ask an off topic question - is she not writing any more or just moved to another blog?  Her analysis has been v informative and helpful for new joiners like me to learn about FS and understand more after each Yuzu’s competition or gala performance... and her GIFs are great..

I think she just got so swamped with work she hasn't written/responded to asks again just yet :/ — at least she leaves the blog stands. I am thankful for that, I learned a lot of FS technical stuffs from her.

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Not sure. My last interaction (read: venting frustration) with her was April 2019. It's probably just real life getting in the way. At least I hope that is it.