General Yuzuru Chat

On 5/6/2020 at 8:04 AM, FlyingCamel said:

I must not be tired of white walls. Well, this was a white corner. And he was dancing. Views are still rising but not as much as I would have thought.

Olympic Seimei reached 10M4

and Olympic Chopin is at a bit more than 10k from 2M3.

Well, I don't know if I'm sad cactus or dry cactus right now, but I'm starting to feel seriously the drought.

2Hh8rpQ.png&key=97727bedc8b20470da4ec26b

I'm a spoiled child/cactus, that's what I am. I want too much. :tumblr_inline_mg16ghNdQa1qdlkyg:

47 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

i developed an allergy to what i believe is nickel, which is in a lot of inexpensive metals (never been tested, just basing it on rashes after wearing cheap jewelry and watches). i just make sure my jewelry is genuine silver or gold and i’m fine. 

maybe it’s the same for you? do the rashes only happen when you wear cheap watches?

I could never identify the reason. I tried different brands and all the same. After an hour or so I feel heat in the place where it touches skin and it blisters afterwards. It is quite painful so I stopped trying. It is really not worth it and I can't afford to buy expensive watches just to experiment.

Had Yuzu's watch been easy to buy, I may have tried it even though it is very expensive for me. But it isn't unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

I could never identify the reason. I tried different brands and all the same. After an hour or so I feel heat in the place where it touches skin and it blisters afterwards. It is quite painful so I stopped trying. It is really not worth it and I can't afford to buy expensive watches just to experiment.

Had Yuzu's watch been easy to buy, I may have tried it even though it is very expensive for me. But it isn't unfortunately.

I have an allergy to gold so it could be something like that. Maybe you also have one for silver too. Good thing Yuzuru isn't allergic lol

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

i developed an allergy to what i believe is nickel, which is in a lot of inexpensive metals (never been tested, just basing it on rashes after wearing cheap jewelry and watches). i just make sure my jewelry is genuine silver or gold and i’m fine. 

maybe it’s the same for you? do the rashes only happen when you wear cheap watches?

4 hours ago, Neenah said:

Unless it specifically states that it is made of yellow or white gold or sterling silver, all watches, even if they cost over $1,000 USD, are made of stainless steel. They may appear to be gold in colour, but this is just gold coloured stainless steel. For example, the Yuzu collaborative watch that has been the subject of much recent discussion is made of two-tone stainless steel. The reason why it costs over $1,000 USD is because it is a limited edition, may have a couple of tiny diamonds in it and most importantly, it is endorsed by Yuzu and has his autograph etched on the back.

With a luxury watch like a men's Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust in a two-tone configuration, it will specifically state that it is made of polished stainless steel and yellow gold. Even with this luxury watch costing $15,650 CAD ($11,500 USD), the part that looks "silver" is polished stainless steel and the amount of real gold used in it is minimal and confined to the bevel on the case. I believe that the two-tone bracelet is stainless steel.

Less expensive watches may contain nickel in the metal that is used for the back of the case and bracelet as @Old Cat Lady has stated. I do not know.

Although I have always liked watches, I have never had a Citizen watch before Yuzu became a brand ambassador in August, 2019. Since then, I have been collecting Citizen watches as well as purchasing them for my wife and as gifts. Although Citizen does make watches that require replacement batteries, it is best known for its patented "Eco-Drive" system. "Eco-Drive" watches never require a battery because they are powered by light – any light, and not just solar light. Once they are fully charged, they are good for 6-9 months even if they are kept in a dark drawer. If you are not wearing them, you can just leave them on the windowsill.

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

If it hasn’t been translated already:

Question: The watch design is inspired by Notte Stellata/Starry Night, can you introduce this to us?

Yuzu: This song means “starry night” in Japanese, just like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled close together 

Caption by Citizen in the Weibo post (not in this video): 

How can there not be a white wall video for the end of September?
The design of the collaboration watch “Startled Swan” is inspired by Notte Stellata, in the night full of stars in the sky, we’re huddled close together

In a truly gentle person, you can see the warmth simmering in his eyes
First round of online sales starts September 30

Bring home this fluttery feeling of huddling close together 

The Yuzu part is Japanese>Chinese subs>english though haha so may not be the best translation

Some of the comments are giggling at how even Citizen called it a white wall video!!

And some fans were joking that the sale ended before Yuzu could even open his eyes during Chopin

ETA: I was reading the comments and some comments were saying that the translation of Yuzu’s words into chinese isn’t accurate? According to a comment on Weibo by yuzubean, what Yuzu said is: In the night sky full if stars, the stars seem to be right by your side (by QuailAries), and has a different meaning to “like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled/snuggled close together”

Maybe any Japanese speakers can confirm this? 

14 hours ago, Veveco said:

Ask and you shall receive :68468287:

I couldn't resist making one myself...

Hehe, I wonder if Yuzu expected that we would be making memes rather than posing with him 😆😆

12 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I must not be tired of white walls. Well, this was a white corner. And he was dancing. Views are still rising but not as much as I would have thought.

Olympic Seimei reached 10M4

and Olympic Chopin is at a bit more than 10k from 2M3.

Well, I don't know if I'm sad cactus or dry cactus right now, but I'm starting to feel seriously the drought.

2Hh8rpQ.png&key=97727bedc8b20470da4ec26b

I'm a spoiled child/cactus, that's what I am. I want too much. :tumblr_inline_mg16ghNdQa1qdlkyg:

I think I’m blooming cactus :3

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Unless it specifically states that it is made of yellow or white gold or sterling silver, all watches, even if they cost over $1,000 USD, are made of stainless steel. They may appear to be gold in colour, but this is just gold coloured stainless steel. For example, the Yuzu collaborative watch that has been the subject of much recent discussion is made of two-tone stainless steel. The reason why it costs over $1,000 USD is because it is a limited edition, may have a couple of tiny diamonds in it and most importantly, it is endorsed by Yuzu and has his autograph etched on the back.

With a luxury watch like a men's Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust in a two-tone configuration, it will specifically state that it is made of polished stainless steel and yellow gold. Even with this luxury watch costing $15,650 CAD ($11,500 USD), the part that looks "silver" is polished stainless steel and the amount of real gold used in it is minimal and confined to the bevel on the case. I believe that the two-tone bracelet is stainless steel.

Less expensive watches may contain nickel in the metal that is used for the back of the case and bracelet as @Old Cat Lady has stated. I do not know.

Although I have always liked watches, I have never had a Citizen watch before Yuzu became a brand ambassador in August, 2019. Since then, I have been collecting Citizen watches as well as purchasing them for my wife and as gifts. Although Citizen does make watches that require replacement batteries, it is best known for its patented "Eco-Drive" system. "Eco-Drive" watches never require a battery because they are powered by light – any light, and not just solar light. Once they are fully charged, they are good for 6-9 months even if they are kept in a dark drawer. If you are not wearing them, you can just leave them on the windowsill.

I just realized the Yuzu watch is ecodrive too!! 

And speaking of Yuzu video views, 2014 Olympic PW is close to 7M!

And is Yuzu the only Olympian that has a fanmade “cute moments” complilation with nearly 3M views?

I personally preferred the darker blue of the watch to the lighter blue with the pink hues, but from these fan pictures it looks like the colour varies depending on the angle you see it from? 

There are so many good deals! Apparently if you buy the watch from JD (I think this is another chinese online shopping site), the first 10 buyers get a Dior 999 lipstick!

New Yuzu Crumbs :201111231756430f6:

....and the white wall :grin:

Hopefully we'll see him skating again soon .⛸ 

9 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

If it hasn’t been translated already:

Question: The watch design is inspired by Notte Stellata/Starry Night, can you introduce this to us?

Yuzu: This song means “starry night” in Japanese, just like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled close together 

Caption by Citizen in the Weibo post (not in this video): 

How can there not be a white wall video for the end of September?
The design of the collaboration watch “Startled Swan” is inspired by Notte Stellata, in the night full of stars in the sky, we’re huddled close together

In a truly gentle person, you can see the warmth simmering in his eyes
First round of online sales starts September 30

Bring home this fluttery feeling of huddling close together 

The Yuzu part is Japanese>Chinese subs>english though haha so may not be the best translation

Some of the comments are giggling at how even Citizen called it a white wall video!!

And some fans were joking that the sale ended before Yuzu could even open his eyes during Chopin

ETA: I was reading the comments and some comments were saying that the translation of Yuzu’s words into chinese isn’t accurate? According to a comment on Weibo by yuzubean, what Yuzu said is: In the night sky full if stars, the stars seem to be right by your side (by QuailAries), and has a different meaning to “like the night sky full of stars, we’re huddled/snuggled close together”

Maybe any Japanese speakers can confirm this? 

Thank you for the translation :thanks: