General Yuzuru Chat

Many people on Weibo complaining that they weren’t able to get the watch, and many people also saying they anticipated the mad rush so they already placed their orders at the designated Citizen stores beforehand... I think initially some people weren’t placing their orders at the stores yet because they wanted to be part of the draw for the photos which are only for those who get it from the online pre-sale! I wonder how many watches have been pre-ordered....

Yes, hope a  Japanese speaking satellite will translate the above correspondence with Citizen China (Oh, it's with Citizen Japan, thank you :smiley-char023: @sweetwater). From my limited ability to read Japanese, I think it said that the watch is not available to people in Japan and basically that Yuzu is the brand ambassador for China, Hong Kong, and Macau and this is part of the campaign (publicity) for the Beijing Winter Olympics.

So I do have an opinion about the watch, even though I'm not Japanese, I've lived here for a long time. I think Citizen China and Citizen Japan have different brand ambassadors and each will only promote the "special watch" of the ambassador they have signed a contract with. This being said, Citizen is an international group of companies and I believe that all the watch parts are made in Japan. So it is disappointing that Citizen Japan and Citizen China could not collaborate on this project, but I guess Citizen Japan had not signed Yuzu to a contract. At least, a limited number of watches could been made available to Japanese and international fans and let there be a lottery for this. Guess Citizen Japan picked the ambassador they thought would fit the image they want to promote and would make the most money. So with tongue in cheek, I think they should have made 120794 watches or if that's not enough, how about 941207 (European, UK, and Japan date conventions) :rofl:; then there  might be enough of them to go around.  Of course, if too many are circulation, their monetary value might go down, but to fans, it would always be a treasure!

Well, there is nothing much to add to @Ladysci's summary. However, the OP seems to have contacted Citizen Japan instead of Citizen China, and they politely replied that they didn't have stock for the Japanese market and asked for understanding. The OP seems to have shared their reply not just to share the info but the way they acknowledged Yuzu's achievements and popularity in China.

The Japanese fans I have seen were reacting to the watch mostly the same as you international fans--fascinated by its design and ideas put into the details, had the slightest beef with the fan art, found it funny that Yuzu wasn't cooperating to act like fans' virtual boyfriend, watched how the first sale quickly ended, etc.

I really love its design, although I would love the band if it looked more like a bracelet. I personally love the sky and the pink cloud on its face because I find it romantic that they chose the beginning of a night than the starry night itself, and watery blue and pink reminds me of the color of the ribbon for the medals at PyeongChang. I love wearing wristwatches, but the watch isn't my style, so I would not buy it even if I could, but I would love to take a look at it in person. Sad that I wouldn't have a chance...

Someone really needs to invent a pause button for real life. I am missing so much in my fandoms because I am very busy :sigh:

Putting that aside and to my very late reaction 

OMG, I love the watch. I always loved wearing watches and used to have a collection before. Unfortunately, I am also allergic to something in the metal bands so I can never wear them without burning my skin. I guess I will console myself with the fact that I can't wear it so I don't feel bad about not being able to get it. But I really love the design  :smiley-love017:

12 hours ago, IceWings said:

Some people said the watches sold out in 10 seconds. Others are saying in 5 minutes, but it sure sounds like a major click battle!

ETA: In these pictures, the watch is a darker blue. The darker color is sooo pretty!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Seems like what happened was it sold out in about 9-10 seconds, but then everyone waited for 5 minutes more in case people who had the watch in their cart didn't go through with the payment.

It's reassuring to know Hanyuconomy carries on as normal despite everything. 

See? The world's not ending yet. 

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Someone really needs to invent a pause button for real life. I am missing so much in my fandoms because I am very busy :sigh:

Putting that aside and to my very late reaction 

OMG, I love the watch. I always loved wearing watches and used to have a collection before. Unfortunately, I am also allergic to something in the metal bands so I can never wear them without burning my skin. I guess I will console myself with the fact that I can't wear it so I don't feel bad about not being able to get it. But I really love the design  :smiley-love017:

i developed an allergy to what i believe is nickel, which is in a lot of inexpensive metals (never been tested, just basing it on rashes after wearing cheap jewelry and watches). i just make sure my jewelry is genuine silver or gold and i’m fine. 

maybe it’s the same for you? do the rashes only happen when you wear cheap watches?