General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

It’s amusing me that the camera can’t keep up with him - this should keep us going for a week or two.

The more we have, the more we want.

Yet he's not cruel to the point of totally dry out his cacti, he keeps watering us in a way or another, either with totally new material (May 6th program beginnings, hostage -pre-fakewards video, suit fakewards video) or with unreleased old material (CM etc). I am sure he plans it all, I mean, he gets sure we don't dry too much. He is so kind but we (understandably) always want more...

Even without daring to express what we would dream of but know not to be in his plans to show early : his new programs, Nessie... :13877886:

22 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

My thought exactly!

I suspect they might have used Yuzu's quote as the concept for the CM since it is very apt!

Ahh I can never get bored of watching this. It's just that good!

I think so too. The quotes fit perfectly with the CM, it is a great concept and I love that it looks like a movie:loveeyes:

The making of is also great. I really like the sound of Yuzus skating. When I saw him live, I thought that his blades somehow sound different to the other skaters, but wasn't 100% sure if it wasn't just my imagination (with the music and clapping and everything else going on).

Now I'm quite confident that his skating does sound different to me. Perhaps deeper, not so scratchy?

Love that the staff in the making of video seems to be really into it and it sounds like they are astonished by what they see? Do you know what they say?

Wow, that's beautiful :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:dark angsty videos of yuzu skating (and doing other workouts like the few seconds shown where he was at the barre) are the BEST :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: @Fay is right, it could have been better had it been Yuzu's soothing, familiar voice!! Missed opportunity there!!  

17 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

I really like the sound of Yuzus skating. When I saw him live, I thought that his blades somehow sound different to the other skaters, but wasn't 100% sure if it wasn't just my imagination (with the music and clapping and everything else going on).

lovee it too! I think his blades (the pattern 99s) have a distinctive sound, and is rather loud compared to other blades, but like you said it is a softer sound (not scratchy, more like the sound of grinding on ice) and is total ASMR... How a skater's  blades sound is usually indicative of how good their skating skills are. The stronger the edges, the more you'll get that ASMR soft grinding sound :tumblr_inline_mzx8x6OEBn1r8msi5:

31 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

There now also a version with English subs! Thank you, Axel with Wings! :loveshower:

I think it significant that we only momentarily see Yuzu's face in great detail.  Most of the vid is just showing him almost in silhouette.  The significance?  Yuzu is so well known to the target audience that they really don't have to make any great effort to identify him.  A skater of such slender build and obvious competence can only be one person in Japan.  Enough said.

3 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I think it significant that we only momentarily see Yuzu's face in great detail.  Most of the vid is just showing him almost in silhouette.  The significance?  Yuzu is so well known to the target audience that they really don't have to make any great effort to identify him.  A skater of such slender build and obvious competence can only be one person in Japan.  Enough said.

Not just in Japan - in the entire world. Yuzu's silhouette is probably the most recognizable one on this planet. The way he looks and moves - even just as a silhouette - is absolutely unique and impossible to mistake. :pouty:

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

So basically it’s confirmed the CM had to do with the Olympic opening ceremony? 

Ahh, would have been so amazing to see Yuzu as torch bearer T_T

And the CM looks amazing!!! Love the filming and editing, the only thing that would have made it perfect is if it was Yuzu doing the narration like everyone said...

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Though I'm still not sure how exactly gum is supposed to improve your athletic ability, but that's OK :D 

Stress chewing? Kuyashii chewing? (Refraining from chewing judges's heads instead?) :67638860:

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

It’s amusing me that the camera can’t keep up with him - this should keep us going for a week or two.

Way too optimistic to me😅

30 minutes ago, Fay said:

:/ a pity it didn't work that way, it would have been pretty epic

on the other hand, maybe now we can hope in another epic Yuzu CM? :smiley-angelic001: (tho maybe I should just settle for hoping there will be Olympics) 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

I would say it has to do with the Olympics that was supposed to start today, not the opening ceremony in particular. 

This is a tweet by the same person, who seems to have proposed the plan of this CM.

His comment: "The CM I planned especially for this day starring Hanyu Yuzuru senshu has been aired.
What impressed me during this shooting was the sound of Hanyu san's blades resonating with the cold ice rink, which was awe-inspiringly mysterious.
May athletes and those who have been preparing be rewarded."

The narration of this CM uses the negation of negation repeatedly. I think that is because they wanted to reach out to someone who may feel what they have been doing has been negated, and Yuzu is the perfect person to embody and convey their message since people know what he has been through as well as what he has achieved, and that he is still one of the athletes who are competing in uncertainty.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

eta:

Ah, now I see why the crew was calling him "Sensei" and Yuzu was very friendly to him. I was wondering if he was a sempai or the most experienced among them or something. Soshi Tanaka used to be Yuzu's jump coach.