General Yuzuru Chat

I am absolutely stunned that the ISU let this happen... and already pretty well convinced that had it not been for the online backlash, they would not have.

But I am glad, he deserves it and more for pretty much everything he has done for the last ten years for the sport he loves.

2 часа назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

Another message in Japanese... not sure where it’s from but seems to be a different one from the ones before. He sounds so gentle here!! 

It's from Japanese news

I am checking in to watch Yuzu's bits and see what happened.....he looked great, his English answers were very cute (somebody helped him translate them, right? Jason, was it possibly you? :D) and I did think he would get MVS so I wasn't shocked.

And honestly if it took this show for someone to properly mention, on an official ISU livestream with thousands of fans and skaters and coaches and officials watching, how much the sport owes Yuzuru - not only how many medals he's won or how popular he is but that figure skating actually owes him gratitude - then this circus was kind of worth it for that. :POOH:

2 часа назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

Someone on twitter has very kindly compiled all the Yuzu appearances :) 

Finally caught up!  I must say video clips are nice and Tanith and Charlie sounded nice too. Yuzu looks wonderful, I like that "Citizen look" is now official/banquet look <3 His speech is very thoughtful as usual.

But the fact that they gave award to Yuzu doesn't cancel the fact that event is very bad thought-through and if they want it that much, they can make it part of the banquet.

...am I asking for too much if I hope that Yuzu starts collecting various colors and types of blazers/suit jackets and (dress) shirts? (...especially after this appearance?) 😻😻😻💙💙💙

I must begrudgingly admit that his appearance in this show shame that it has to be this fkwrds show -_- soothes my heart...💙💙💙💜💜💜

I missed the darn isu award show on purpose only to find out Yuzu attended live :hachimaki_angryparty_: I almost cried rewatching the videos seeing that cutie patootie better looking than ever before with his oscar worthy speech :cri: awards show still sucks but man I do love the fact it gave us yuzu content, i'm soft :softYuzu:

4 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Sad that he seems to have known the ISU wanted it to go elsewhere...

But you notice that, as always, Yuzuru thinks of other people and shows he cares about them. And they wonder why Japan, and others, love the man as well as the skater.:softYuzu:

I'm a well-watered and happy cactus today :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

not thanks to you know what, but thanks to the magic combo of 3h of old Zuzu rewatching + new Zuzu appearing and reminding me that's he's such a wonderful person, other than skating GOAT <3

he truly is too good for this sport (and yes, I'm definitely not as good as he is)

Yuzu, we love you and this shower of hearts is all for you: :loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower::loveshower:

I haven't listened much to Charlie and Tanith's commentaries, but I remember Charlie being so sweet and toughtful when interviewing Yuzu after WC17 SP and Tanith being nice in the NBC OWG specials, so I'm glad they were good hosts here too

In the video montage about MVS Yuzu they put those two amazing fans wearing pooh onesies in Turin too! They always make me crack up so much because they were just SO HYPED and they're clearly NOT media's fave stereotypical "japanese" fans:laughing:  I also got soft seeing on of our banners :10636614: felt a bit as if I was holding it myself.

The MVS video was actually really lovely!

A pity ISU is... ISU and had to ruin a potentially nice (or at least harmless) idea

Spoiler

I won't forget the tickets mess, nor how, amidst COVID epidemy(soon to be declared pandemic) dramatically escalating, they just kept adding and adding new occasions for skaters and fans to mix in supercrowded indoor spaces.

The nerve and calloussness of that! The irresponsibility!

To me that's what taints the whole initiative: how thoughtlessly the thing was handled since the very start, and has been handled since then.

It was born with an original sin, so to say, and then they made it worse.

One award given to a deserving person doesn't change this

As for TrashLessons, they wish they had as many people ready to throw money at them as we do for Yuzu :P

(yeah, I know this is petty and materialist , but it does give me a bit of satisfaction and isn't nearly as petty as the not-so-veiled preemptive self-victimization)

I almost wish ISU was shameless till the end and gave that stupid award to someone else, if could mean we would be spared more trash opinions :/

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

I missed the darn isu award show on purpose only to find out Yuzu attended live :hachimaki_angryparty_: I almost cried rewatching the videos seeing that cutie patootie better looking than ever before with his oscar worthy speech :cri: awards show still sucks but man I do love the fact it gave us yuzu content, i'm soft :softYuzu:

cutie patootie? :ohmygod:

it sounds about right:tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

well, there was the chance of new Yuzu content, especially since there was always the chance of Yuzu getting a "consolation prize" to make ISU look good(&make us displeased fans look bad and silly) and have some acceptance speech.

I'm happy he delivered, and even happier that he didn't stick to a couple of cold, formal sentences but showed all his thoughtfulness and kindess and sincerity<3

But while he might have felt sad that something about his beloved sport was being actively avoided by many fans, I feel that he, more than anyone, would understand why many of us just couldn't stomach to give our share of views to ISU streaming. After all, he's always been more symphatetic with the kind of issues we've been pointing out than anyone in the merry brigade of Ari&ISU&assorted media

ETA: small :offtopic2:

Spoiler

I saw the whole MVS candidates introduction and gosh they truly chose the most stiff-knee landings among the stiff landings for Nate...not that anyone aside fanyus cares about good knee bend anymore, but...so aestethically not pleasing...

Also...how radically they changed Yuzu's introduction compared to those descriptions(with mistakes) they had uploaded when announcing candidates: they started calling him trailblazer, talking about his following, being featured on magazines...:yznotimpressed:

someone did a major rewriting

Anyway, I suppose this is our July quota of Yuzu vids. Now it starts the wait for August:13877886: Gosh, i miss him already...

Also, the saga of The White Wall goes on. What can we expect next?:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: