General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

I'm a bit late, but as someone living in the rain ravaged part of Japan, I want to say thank you to Yuzu for mentioning this situation in his Japanese interview during the awards. He truly has great empathy for people and this is one reason I'm such a fan of his.

We are fortunate that our house in on a small hill, but far enough from steeper parts, so no flooding and no danger of landslides. Even for the Japanese rainy season, the rain fall was much greater than usual; about 400mm + in the course of 48 hours and it has been raining for the past couple of weeks. My old research institute, unfortunately by a big river, was flooded. It was good that we were "stuck" in Japan for a longer time due to the Covid situation (had been in the UK for work the last 10 years), since at least we could fix our roof before the rains started. Last year was bad also and I definitely feel that it is a consequence of ocean warming, exacerbating the rain potential.

Big hug, I hope everything will get better for you and your family as soon as possible! 

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

I'm a bit late, but as someone living in the rain ravaged part of Japan, I want to say thank you to Yuzu for mentioning this situation in his Japanese interview during the awards. He truly has great empathy for people and this is one reason I'm such a fan of his.

We are fortunate that our house in on a small hill, but far enough from steeper parts, so no flooding and no danger of landslides. Even for the Japanese rainy season, the rain fall was much greater than usual; about 400mm + in the course of 48 hours and it has been raining for the past couple of weeks. My old research institute, unfortunately by a big river, was flooded. It was good that we were "stuck" in Japan for a longer time due to the Covid situation (had been in the UK for work the last 10 years), since at least we could fix our roof before the rains started. Last year was bad also and I definitely feel that it is a consequence of ocean warming, exacerbating the rain potential.

Glad you are okay.  I hope nobody lost their research data ay your old institute.  And, yes, Yuzu's empathy and thoughtfulness is perhaps the very best thing about him.  

42 minutes ago, barbara said:

Glad you are okay.  I hope nobody lost their research data ay your old institute.  And, yes, Yuzu's empathy and thoughtfulness is perhaps the very best thing about him.  

Now everyone is paranoid about losing data, especially when you try to publish and the reviewers have a million questions.  I'm keeping mine backed up on several hard drives, along with my "million" Yuzu pics and videos---must keep my priorities straight :grin:

3 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Do take care.  ❤️

2 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Thank you  @FlyingCamel!  We are okay! The people to the southwest of us were much harder hit.

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe, and all of your research data (and esp the Yuzu content!) are backed up and safe too. 

Hope the rain and flooding subsides soon. :snonegai:

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

Finally caught up!  I must say video clips are nice and Tanith and Charlie sounded nice too. Yuzu looks wonderful, I like that "Citizen look" is now official/banquet look <3 His speech is very thoughtful as usual.

But the fact that they gave award to Yuzu doesn't cancel the fact that event is very bad thought-through and if they want it that much, they can make it part of the banquet.

Yes, that show is still primarily a propaganda tool for I*U and the big feds to push their agenda, not to mention the fan wars that result from it.

I wish this is the last we see of it, but I doubt they will be willing to let it go. If they MUST have it, I agree it would be much better as part of the banquet.

Watching Yuzu's beautiful gala performances in the #YuzuSkatingParty really hit home to me what we would be losing if they replace the gala with the Award Show. It's like they are replacing Notte Stellata or HyK with that show. :sadPooh:

On a happier note, I am very pleased that Yuzu won MVS. I don't care about that award, but if Yuzu didn't win, it would send a message that the I*U has written him off, and that would make him sad. So I'm thankful we got to see a happy Yuzu and hear his thoughtful words (in such good English too!). :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Sending heaps of thoughts and wishes that you and yours will be okay! It was lovely of Yuzu to mention it, he never ever seems to forget the people back home who have had hard times but are supporting and are supported by him.

I think this is part of the reason that, ISU be damned or not,  the bottom line be damned, I do see Yuzu as the most valuable skater all round  He tries so hard to ensure the world is a better place for his time in it.

5 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I wish this is the last we see of it, but I doubt they will be willing to let it go.

The live figures were low, but the minute it got out who had won, the views of the complete video on youtube started climbing, and I think are over 126000 now. Not sure what they will make of it all as to whether it is worth doing next year, especially if they are dealing with a truncated season anyway...

3 minutes ago, TallyT said:

The live figures were low, but the minute it got out who had won, the views of the complete video on youtube started climbing, and I think are over 126000 now. Not sure what they will make of it all as to whether it is worth doing next year, especially if they are dealing with a truncated season anyway...

I heard they went over budget this year, so with any luck, they won't have any money to put on another show. 

42 minutes ago, IceWings said:

I heard they went over budget this year, so with any luck, they won't have any money to put on another show. 

How could they go over budget when it was basically a fancy zoom conference?????????

(Mind you, won't it be funny if Yuzu ends up the first, last and only Most Valuable Skater ever?)

32 minutes ago, TallyT said:

How could they go over budget when it was basically a fancy zoom conference?????????

(Mind you, won't it be funny if Yuzu ends up the first, last and only Most Valuable Skater ever?)

They spent millions before Montreal. This was mostly shoestring budget, apart from that singer part, maybe. 
I am afraid we are stuck with this thing, guys. It went down rather well. 

28 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I'm hoping its becomes true. That this is the first & last awards show. 

Makes figure skating look like a clown of a sport. Great feat, considering I dont see other Olympic sports doing such antics.

As to budget, it would not be surprising ISU incur losses cos this was not done in a stadium as they intended to. Plus all the activities they wanted to have. Loss of income from there.

No income or less income from TV rights. The non refundable deposit they had to pay for the stadium for WC and gala. And hotel bookings, flight tickets 

Olympic channel published an article on the awards... and if course we know who is headlining it XD

Citizen congratulated Yuzu too! 

3 minutes ago, Veveco said:

About the little clip of Yuzu going down the stairs akwardly in the MVS montage.

How does he always catch on those little things?  :knc_tracy1:

We stan a considerate king 💕