Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

2 часа назад, Ririka сказал:

Super curious: Of all the yuzu photo books and magazines that you have, which Is your top 3 favs?

(not sure if it belongs here)

I have too many to choose :rolleyes:

If you don't want to buy a lot I think Ice Jewels season photobooks are the best way to go. From magazines Kiss and Cry usually has very nice photos and sometimes have posters, DX are good, especially if you want photos from a certain event, In Rock are good cuz of big pages but photo quality sometimes varies (a couple of times some photos were a little blurred for such big pages), Memorial has a lot of photos, but page size is a little smaller than other  magazines.

4 hours ago, Ririka said:

Super curious: Of all the yuzu photo books and magazines that you have, which Is your top 3 favs?

(not sure if it belongs here)

@sweetwater has posted a comparison, with many details :

1 hour ago, Fay said:

"According to Ito, the weights of the costumes she creates for men (usually around 850 grams) are more than double that of the women (normally around 350 grams)."

Of course there's the weight of pants, plus the difference in size, but this does not make all the difference. This must be why I find her Men costumes "fall better" than her Ladies ones (which are still gorgeous). And with this number (850g) how can poorly inspired male skaters costumes (the like, chino pants and off-the-shelf shirt or T-shirt) have any justification?

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't know what is the biggest clownery in this whole story:

1. The fact that Nathan beat Yuzu with +40 points in Torino.

2. The fact that JSF watched this travesty in silence without doing anything.

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

All of the above. 

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

...see that's the most baffling thing about JSF — they had this appearance of doing things fairly (ie. not pushing their athletes in scoring because hey, that's the fair thing to do! :v ) and what does that serve them? Their athletes' scores being trampled down by other feds' athletes score! 😑😑😒😒

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All of the above. 

reading this....I am not alone in feeling angry and frustrated...

I am unutterably sad to see Yuzu who loves the sport and has given so much of himself to figureskating be so devalued! 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

Is there a historical or cultural reason the JSF never speaks up about Yuzu's clearly biased scoring? I don't know if it would make a difference, ultimately, in how he is scored, but it would be validating to hear that they recognize that he is the GOAT and that he has increased global interest in Japan and Japanese skaters by a magnitude. And he is probably personally responsible for increased tourism to Japan.  I think the JSF's reticence to say anything about the unfair scoring would be seen as complaining (which, I suppose, it would be) and it's a cultural reticence -not so much a statement of what they believe is fair.

9 минут назад, barbara сказал:

Is there a historical or cultural reason the JSF never speaks up about Yuzu's clearly biased scoring?

Not JSF's darling? Too independent? Internal politics? There could be many reasons. It's not like Shoma has problems with score, most of the time they're more generous than they should be.

3 часа назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

This must be why I find her Men costumes "fall better" than her Ladies ones (which are still gorgeous).

Not always, I'd say she has her ups and downs. Like for Shoma I think this year's designer was doing better.

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm CRYING that someone finally stood up for Yuzu even if it's freakin Didier! Yuzu works so hard and is so clearly underscored yet everyone, skaters and coaches and federation members included would rather keep sweet than stand up to the ISU. NOBODY ever stands up for Yuzu, not even his own coach (in public). I guess Didier has nothing to lose and that's why he's talking.

The little toe rag is probably hoping to use his name to stay in the media spotlight.