General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

2. The fact that JSF watched this travesty in silence without doing anything.

...see that's the most baffling thing about JSF — they had this appearance of doing things fairly (ie. not pushing their athletes in scoring because hey, that's the fair thing to do! :v ) and what does that serve them? Their athletes' scores being trampled down by other feds' athletes score! 😑😑😒😒

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All of the above. 

reading this....I am not alone in feeling angry and frustrated...

I am unutterably sad to see Yuzu who loves the sport and has given so much of himself to figureskating be so devalued! 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't know what is the biggest clownery in this whole story:

1. The fact that Nathan beat Yuzu with +40 points in Torino.

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

Is there a historical or cultural reason the JSF never speaks up about Yuzu's clearly biased scoring? I don't know if it would make a difference, ultimately, in how he is scored, but it would be validating to hear that they recognize that he is the GOAT and that he has increased global interest in Japan and Japanese skaters by a magnitude. And he is probably personally responsible for increased tourism to Japan.  I think the JSF's reticence to say anything about the unfair scoring would be seen as complaining (which, I suppose, it would be) and it's a cultural reticence -not so much a statement of what they believe is fair.

9 минут назад, barbara сказал:

Is there a historical or cultural reason the JSF never speaks up about Yuzu's clearly biased scoring?

Not JSF's darling? Too independent? Internal politics? There could be many reasons. It's not like Shoma has problems with score, most of the time they're more generous than they should be.

3 часа назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

This must be why I find her Men costumes "fall better" than her Ladies ones (which are still gorgeous).

Not always, I'd say she has her ups and downs. Like for Shoma I think this year's designer was doing better.

8 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't know what is the biggest clownery in this whole story:

1. The fact that Nathan beat Yuzu with +40 points in Torino.

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

I'm CRYING that someone finally stood up for Yuzu even if it's freakin Didier! Yuzu works so hard and is so clearly underscored yet everyone, skaters and coaches and federation members included would rather keep sweet than stand up to the ISU. NOBODY ever stands up for Yuzu, not even his own coach (in public). I guess Didier has nothing to lose and that's why he's talking.

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

The little toe rag is probably hoping to use his name to stay in the media spotlight.

Probably. Then he chose very well : an (officially) unspoken truth, which everybody can see, and which offends so many. This helps to understand how he could stay so long at the head of French Federation, and what a seasoned politician he is.

As to Brian Orser "not standing for him", I think it is more complex. 1) Brian Orser's weak point seems to be PR, and he knows it and won't launch something he's unable to manage (and I much prefer him as he is, rather than a tyrannical and politicking coach, I am so grateful of TCC coaches part in Yuzuru Hanyu's incredible skating); 2) Yuzuru Hanyu himself may have asked him not to protest.

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Oh no Yuzu must have accidentally triggered the signal to his home planet while doing image training 😱

At least, given we are near New Moon (so no Red Moon), we can be reassured this is not a Vegan saucer announcing an attack.

(UFO Robot Grendizer, very well adapted in French, was the beginning of my love story with Japan. :heartsign:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grendizer

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu is featured in this video!

He truly is an honorary Canadian - I love that Canada makes him one of their own, I wish I lived in a country that was as inclusive as Canada seems to be....

2 часа назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

As to Brian Orser "not standing for him", I think it is more complex. 1) Brian Orser's weak point seems to be PR, and he knows it and won't launch something he's unable to manage (and I much prefer him as he is, rather than a tyrannical and politicking coach, I am so grateful of TCC coaches part in Yuzuru Hanyu's incredible skating);

Brian's PR was great at PC (whoever choose it, he played it right), also his PR for his later students is good too, as every coach he mentions their strong points, but with Yuzu it's like "sometimes he's not thinking what he's talking about" (c) (don't remember the exact quote). I really prefer when Ghislain is doing the talking or Tracy.

24 minutes ago, Pammi said:

It was seen over Northern Sendai .... that's where Ice Rink Sendai is!! They found him!!:cri:

They may be searching Princess Kaguya. And she may be searching Yuzuru Hanyu?

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Brian's PR was great at PC (whoever choose it, he played it right), also his PR for his later students is good too, as every coach he mentions their strong points, but with Yuzu it's like "sometimes he's not thinking what he's talking about" (c) (don't remember the exact quote). I really prefer when Ghislain is doing the talking or Tracy.

Isn't it that he has so complex emotions, more than with other pupils, yet the language barrier is not blurred enough to have a perfect communication? Well, if he speaks technical terms with Ghislain Briand, the language barrier is much lower usually, so communication is easier, yet the relationship may not be as deep. Even without speaking of affection (and I believe there is a lot), do you see a pupil of his he could identify better with as a skater, a sort of "ideal of him"? (I don't pretend he's falling into the trap of projection, either.) Which of course makes it hurt more when they disagree — and we know they do sometimes. Fortunately there's "Mama Tracy". :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: But as he doesn't have that much of a "PR mode", he cannot be that good when feeling so much. I hope they will go along well with Zoom between them.