General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

That was fun to watch. 

A nice comment from Lloyd Jones about Yuzu: 

yZ3XCt3.jpg

Lol.... calling out the camera not showing the skater's feet during a step sequence. We need to copy that part of the audio to use in a buzzer every time that happens. Only the buzzer would be broken by the end of the first day of the first televised/streamed event of the season. 

The craziest thing is that if you compare Baby Zu's PW to the Otonal or Chopin of last season... Like, it's hard to look back from the last season to our boy's first OGM and appreciate that at the time that was the best ever by a lot. He's consistently gotten better and better and better. He's truly a remarkable athlete. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

From Stephane? Really? Why?

Because he gives me the impression of being a sort of man who, if something is important to him, won't stop at World censure — or too worldly considerations.

So, should he some day have a mystical fit or a forever conversion (to a religion where there are monks) and of course after due reflection, I think he would go for it.

But I don't know him enough to be sure, it is just how I see him.

This old video popped up in my YouTube suggestions today and it was interesting to watch it again!  It’s also related to Worlds 2017 so the topic is kinda “current” and so I thought I would post it here 

Interesting bits:

Yuzu said that his surroundings changed a lot after he won his first OGM (as in, he got so much more famous and more support from people), and thought that if he wins his second OGM, things wouldn’t change that much because he had already won one - TOTALLY WRONG :knc_brian1:

Nobu was so cute gushing over Yuzu’s photogenic small face and pale skin :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Nobu’s jump demos were really good!

Didn’t know Nobu was an enabler for 4A :surprised_pikachu:

2 hours ago, memae said:

He's really gone off the Fanyu deep end hasn't he? Yesssss Toshi, glad you joined us! But you'll never be free again now. It's all ankle worries and nose scrunch swoons and not being able to breathe for weeks in the lead up to competitions until that final FP jump pass is done for eternity now. 

ESPECIALLY ankle worries and nose scrunches

it's iconic by now

3 hours ago, holina said:

This old video popped up in my YouTube suggestions today and it was interesting to watch it again!  It’s also related to Worlds 2017 so the topic is kinda “current” and so I thought I would post it here 

Interesting bits:

Yuzu said that his surroundings changed a lot after he won his first OGM (as in, he got so much more famous and more support from people), and thought that if he wins his second OGM, things wouldn’t change that much because he had already won one - TOTALLY WRONG :knc_brian1:

Nobu was so cute gushing over Yuzu’s photogenic small face and pale skin :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I love this.  Nobu, because of his own career and because he knows Yuzu AND skating, is the best commentator ever.  He can truly appreciate and also express just what goes into the program.  The beauty and the difficulty. 

4 hours ago, holina said:

Interesting bits:

Nobu got so excited. It was really cute. 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nobu got so excited. It was really cute. 

Who wouldn't?

Had Yuzuru Hanyu already spoken of trying the quad Axel before this interview? I have seen nothing before end 2017. Was Nobunari Oda instrumental in Yuzuru Hanyu's decision of working on it?

This tweet from Jack today translates on google as 

"This week is skating illustrator @nigaoe877    will have an exclusive interview with.  Hanyu Yuzuru"

Not sure if the translation gives the correct meaning - there is a full stop after the "with" then hashtag Hanyu Yuzuru.

Any ideas?  I think  it must mean the interview is with the illustrator?

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

This tweet from Jack today translates on google as 

"This week is skating illustrator @nigaoe877    will have an exclusive interview with.  Hanyu Yuzuru"

Not sure if the translation gives the correct meaning - there is a full stop after the "with" then hashtag Hanyu Yuzuru.

Any ideas?  I think  it must mean the interview is with the illustrator?

I was reading the answers form others (of course translated by Google so who knows)but it seems with Mika,the author of that illustration and not with Yuzuru,Jack is using Yuzuru tag to gain audience it seems.

4 minutes ago, mercedes said:

I was reading the answers form others (of course translated by Google so who knows)but it seems with Mika,the author of that illustration and not with Yuzuru,Jack is using Yuzuru tag to gain audience it seems.

Yes, you're right. Jack will interview the illustrator, not Yuzu.

It's a bit late but 23rd of May being "Day of kissing" in Japan so this OP has compiled blowing kisses from Yuzu :img_20:

I was remembering about FaOI last year and thinking how lucky we're to have had Toshi and Yuzu collaborated like they did.

It's probably the best of FaOI so far imo. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I pray hard for more moments like FaOI 2019 to come in the future...

Sponichi made a fantasy baseball team and Yuzu is the coach (from what I can understand from Google translations).

Google Translate: "Entering the bench as a director is Yuzuru Hanyu (Tohoku), a figure skating boy who is one of the world's representative athletes in the world. Audience mobilization is also complete with this. Winnie the Pooh should fly around the stands at Lucky Seven. (Suzuki Hikaru)"

We'd be too busy watching coach Hanyu instead of the game at this rate :rofl2: