General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yeah I didn't even think to look for a Planet thread this afternoon. I was too busy trying to keep up with the YouTube live chat

I made it after we finished watching anyway. We were in the Skating Thread

13 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Looks like there will be no ice show in this offseason, so I posted an old show in the video section. Hope you will enjoy it when you feel like watching a show.

ETA: Thanks, @yuzuangel for helping me sharing this!

Awesome! I hadn't seen it before! I'm slightly disappointed that the men's group program wasn't to Call Me Maybe ;)

On 4/24/2020 at 9:54 AM, memae said:

I've been continuing my Olympics rewatching by going back to Sochi FS.

Speaking of rewatching Olys Sochi Men's FS...

*post written in spoilers due to potentially incendiary content :þ*

Spoiler

...this is such a fanyu thing to say but when I watched the free skate playback Yuzu wasn't cheered as loudly as I thought he'd be (...this is especially apparent if you watch the Pyeongchang SP playback right after you watch Sochi's — the cheering for Yuzu was simply uproarious at Pyeongchang! 😃😏😎. Sure there were still people cheering for him, but it felt unusually less enthusiastic — I guess there were just more dai fans at Sochi, huh?? ;Þ ).

I felt slightly bad for him :( — I mean sure, time has passed and we Yuzu fans (especially those lucky enough to attend the comps) always make sure to cheer as loudly as we can for him, but still, I couldn't help but feel ill to think about what he had faced at Sochi, beyond the competition itself... (Good thing that Brian is always supportive of him <3)

9 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Beijing2022 sure loves Yuzu hehe

You'd think if they were going to support anyone outside their own, it would be Nathan and/or Vincent with their heritage. But no, they and Chinese skating fans in general want Yuzuru.

15 minutes ago, TallyT said:

You'd think if they were going to support anyone outside their own, it would be Nathan and/or Vincent with their heritage. But no, they and Chinese skating fans in general want Yuzuru.

Yuzu is so popular in China, I think if he skates there it will be no different from a home crowd audience...

4 hours ago, Fay said:

It’s the sixth anniversary of the first Sendai Parade

His ease and simplicity in such embarrassing moments always struck me. And after Sochi, he was still a boy. This man is a real wonder.

As to Beijing being like "home crowd", I don't find it unnatural, it is not like if he had any competitor of a similar level.