General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

The perfect game for us.....

I very much enjoy how Pez-zuru Ghanyu just CHUCKS those chocolates. He's not just offering you a chocolate, he is going to shoot it out at you with bullet force, going TAKE THIS CHOCOLATE!! IT'S MY JOB!! Even Pez-zuru is designed to give 150%.

4 hours ago, vd_turnan said:

The last part - maybe that's why he considers Otonal not 100% and he wants to change the layout (maybe for WC?)...

anyway, saying that a performance has mistakes because the layout is not the desired one is such a Yuzu thing...

In other words: every layout easier than 4A, 3A, 4Lz+3T is considered as a "mistake". Maybe even this one, because the BV is not completely maxed out   :LOL:

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

God bless the costumer who was inspired to create this. It might make no fashion sense at all but somehow it emphasizes all the right things about his physique

...FaOI costumes are always peak campy, no matter how you look at it though methinks this year's costumes were a bit subdued compared to the previous years.... Best just to get on the ride :lol:

Random question but i just started thinking, when did Yuzuru switch to EDEA Piano's? I'm pretty sure he used Ice Fly's before that? Did he switch as soon as they were released or...? 

Actually, now that i'm on the topic of boots, is there some kind of known history of the boots + blade combo Yuzu has used throughout his career? I know he uses the Pattern 99 revolution (parabolic? it's what the John Wilson people said on instagram in one of their posts about Yuzu from WC19, but on their website it just says P99 rev. so i'm not sure) blade, but when did he start using them? I'm imagining that there haven't been a lot (or very dramatic, i.e. switching the whole profile of the blade etc) changes at all or often (especially in his senior career, the natural progression of boots and blades as one develops is a factor overall), but i still think it's interesting. If the (however far back) information is available please share! 

I'm super interested in how he likes to sharpen his blades as well, but i think that's a bit too nerdy and something he probably won't reveal the details of (because i'm sure he knows the details, Yuzu doesn't strike me as the kind of skater that doesn't understand what he wants out of his blade) haha. 

Edit: Added sentence about Pattern 99's and progression through boots and blades as a skater develops.