General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Bilge said:

To change the mood (becasue i feel really sad about it and how he feels) here is Yuzu's Patriiick, Patriiick XD

HAHAHAHA

but let's remember Yuzu killed it at SCI, so he can't be that sad right now. In fact, he's probably still over the moon. I know I am

1 minute ago, shanshani said:

HAHAHAHA

but let's remember Yuzu killed it at SCI, so he can't be that sad right now. In fact, he's probably still over the moon. I know I am

Absolutely, he kinda said something along the lines of he was wondering if he was doing things wrong but the scores he got reassured him or something very roughly like that, that is good.

hace 12 minutos , monchan said:

“For every country, every people”. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: We send you our love Yuzu, from so many countries in this world and from the bottom of our hearts. I’m sure you know it!! We are always so convinced you cannot impress us more, because how could be that even possible!!!! and yet you prove us again and again wrong with performances like this weekend. I’m still in awe. Thank you for being so strong and willing to keep going, thank you for all the magic and happiness you gift us! :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:

Meanwhile I'm thinking how he is going to get even more sponsorship and commercial model contracts if he does well this season AGAIN. Like this guy is a miracle in that he is still improving after his "golden years". The hype around him will only get bigger now as ISU and SBS are loose on youtube copyrights now. More people have access to his videos now that ISU is uploading his free and sp on their channel for all countries. 

I wonder how many seasons it will take for a big sports brand like Under Armor or Nike or Adidas to finally grab him and offer an international ambassador model contract for their sports brand. I once read that for an athlete, becoming the global ambassador for a sports wear brand is the biggest achievement you can make modelling wise, as they offer great amounts of cash and fame (like how Cristiano Ronaldo was the global ambassador for Nike). Becoming a global model for a brand like Nike, would give the athlete more spot light, and raise his fame in the general public for people who aren't fans of the sport. 

I'm sometimes confused how Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva got deals with Puma and Nike, but Yuzu hasn't. 

Yuzu has the looks, the height, the charisma, the youth, he has the whole package + phenomenal career to be a model for Under Armor even if it is just for Asia. 

Like, shouldn't Yuzu be the one getting more sportswear modelling deals more than anyone else in FS?

I know some people said it's because he wants to wear anything he wants, but I find it hard to believe. A global big brand sportswear brand modeling contract is not something an athlete can casually refuse for "freedom to wear whatever". 

The money and fame that comes with that kind of contract (with say Nike) is most likely astronomically higher than other brands. 

14 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I'm sometimes confused how Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva got deals with Puma and Nike, but Yuzu hasn't. 

Yuzu has the looks, the height, the charisma, the youth, he has the whole package + phenomenal career to be a model for Under Armor even if it is just for Asia. 

Like, shouldn't Yuzu be the one getting more sportswear modelling deals more than anyone else in FS?

I know some people said it's because he wants to wear anything he wants, but I find it hard to believe. A global big brand sportswear brand modeling contract is not something an athlete can casually refuse for "freedom to wear whatever". 

The money and fame that comes with that kind of contract (with say Nike) is most likely astronomically higher than other brands. 

I believe Yuzu doesn't accept any offers of sponsorship unless he agrees with the company's concept or finds they have some sort of connection with the things he values or uses. I don't think Yuzu is willing to get more sponsorship if that means he has to sacrifice a lot of his time for fulfilling sponsor's requirement while he's still competing. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

Meanwhile I'm thinking how he is going to get even more sponsorship and commercial model contracts if he does well this season AGAIN. Like this guy is a miracle in that he is still improving after his "golden years". The hype around him will only get bigger now as ISU and SBS are loose on youtube copyrights now. More people have access to his videos now that ISU is uploading his free and sp on their channel for all countries. 

I wonder how many seasons it will take for a big sports brand like Under Armor or Nike or Adidas to finally grab him and offer an international ambassador model contract for their sports brand. I once read that for an athlete, becoming the global ambassador for a sports wear brand is the biggest achievement you can make modelling wise, as they offer great amounts of cash and fame (like how Cristiano Ronaldo was the global ambassador for Nike). Becoming a global model for a brand like Nike, would give the athlete more spot light, and raise his fame in the general public for people who aren't fans of the sport. 

I know some people said it's because he wants to wear anything he wants, but I find it hard to believe. A global big brand sportswear brand modeling contract is not something an athlete can casually refuse for "freedom to wear whatever"

Sponsorship and commercial model isn't Yuzu's priority. Yuzu's always known to limit his endorsements to the minimum throughout his career. Must know that he's the national star of Jpn, where everything is capitalized, if he wanted, his name could've been on millions of products there. He spent all his prize money and profit of his books for donation, apparently money and fame isn't his concern.I don't know why ppl think he's waiting for endorsement calls? I'm pretty sure it's Yuzu who chose to stay away from such things and only accept a few brands that go well with his image and has positive influence on Jpn society. 

2 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Poor Satomi :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Hesitated to post this here since i'm not sure it's the type of content that is supposed to be posted (despite lurking on this site for almost two years and being sporadically active  for over a year lmao) but i thought it was cute so going for it anyways. Sorry if it fits better somewhere else! 

Can you imagine the horror if a torn piece of the costume had fell on the ice ending 1 point deduction for Yuzu? Not this time but what if his score didn't reach a new WR because of it? :smiley-scared003: