General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Then we have all the happy flower girls and boys, who give him presents and hugs during the competition. We have the Japanese juniors, who celebrate Yuzu's 4T+3A sequence at Worlds together (I will never forget the boys' euphoric reaction on the couch. That was so relatable). We have all the young skaters, who praise him in interviews and study his technique. Coaches use his videos as tutorials...

What is this you speak of? Can you be so kind as to enlighten me :devilYuzu:

23 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I'm soft... At this point Beijing 2022 will look like a contest of who can make the best Hanyu tribute lol and I love it

And who knows, the Maestro himself might very well crown his glorious and unique competitive career with a third Olympic gold medal in Beijing 2022. :pouty:

Just imagine all these youngsters moving up into seniors now or in the next few years and being able to compete on the same ice with their idol. An absolute dream come true... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

9 hours ago, micaelis said:

And when after retirement and producing ice shows, HIS shows will be the ones all the skaters want to skate in.

His ice shows will be completely sold out all the time with people only being able to get tickets via lotteries.

Meanwhile, in non-Yuzu ISU competitions... :th_tumbleweed:

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

His ice shows will be completely sold out all the time with people only being able to get tickets via lotteries.

Meanwhile, in non-Yuzu ISU competitions... :th_tumbleweed:

The stark difference in attendance between ACI and the rest of the challenger series was really :knc_yuzu1:. I've only seen snippets from Lombardia and Nepela (did I spell that right?), and it felt empty (???)

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I cannot find the original broadcast source anymore, but you can watch the scene in this fanmade video:

Question to everyone: who are these four boys? I'm not quite sure myself :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

They are (from left to right) Mitsuki Sumoto, Koshiro Shimada, Taichiro Yamakuma, and  Tatsuya Tsuboi. The footage is taken from a MAD aired by Fuji in June as a short recap of 2018-2019 season.

Spoiler

As you can see in this video, it is not clear to what the boys were reacting, but in magazines released after Worlds, they said that they were watching Yuzu and cheering for him. It could be the reaction to 4A 4T+3A, but it could also be a reaction to 4Lo since most people were anxious about it.

4 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

They are (from left to right) Mitsuki Sumoto, Koshiro Shimada, Taichiro Yamakuma, and  Tatsuya Tsuboi. The footage is taken from a MAD aired by Fuji in June as a short recap of 2018-2019 season.

Reveal hidden contents

As you can see in this video, it is not clear to what the boys were reacting, but in magazines released after Worlds, they said that they were watching Yuzu and cheering for him. It could be the reaction to 4A+3A, but it could also be a reaction to 4Lo since most people were anxious about it.

someone has 4As on the mind :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:if Yuzu had jumped a 4A+3A, that would certainly be something to react to

6 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

The stark difference in attendance between ACI and the rest of the challenger series was really :knc_yuzu1:. I've only seen snippets from Lombardia and Nepela (did I spell that right?), and it felt empty (???)

Yes, empty. And US Classic was pretty empty as well. And Nebelhorn Trophy this weekend also seems to have rather low attendance. I always feel sad for the skaters having to skate in front of empty stands. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

I can't imagine that we fans are the only ones who notice these extreme differences in attendance numbers. The ISU and national skating federations must be completely blind to not see the difference.

Unless they delude themselves into thinking that figure skating is really still that popular in Canada and that's the reason for a full house at ACI...

I think that it would be really awesome if Yuzu would be so pissed at how he was robbed at ACI that he won't participate in it next season and decides to come to another challenger... say, Nebelhorn Trophy... I'm totally thinking of my little self being able to travel to Oberstdorf in a couple of hours with the train. :grin:

In that case, Nebelhorn (or any other challenger that Yuzu decides to compete in) would be completely sold out within a day of ticket release and at ACI... :th_tumbleweed:

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Hide contents

As you can see in this video, it is not clear to what the boys were reacting, but in magazines released after Worlds, they said that they were watching Yuzu and cheering for him. It could be the reaction to 4A+3A, but it could also be a reaction to 4Lo since most people were anxious about it.

Thank you! At least I got Mitsuki and Koshiro right :14066882:

Aye, they could have reacted to the 4Lo or something else, too. I just remembered their loud cheers and happy smiles in their faces. It's still a very strong and vivid memory in my head that shows how much Yuzu means to the young skaters :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

@Yuzurella True. The only full house events this season so far were ACI (men's practice included) and the Russian test skates. I think that says pretty much about figure skating at the moment.

I would really appreciate to see Yuzu at Nebelhorn in the future. On the other hand ACI is the only competition that Yuzu has attended every season since 2015. It's a Yuzu Classic International actually.

EDIT: Now, that I think about it... Yuzu debuted Seimei, LGC, H&L, Otonal and Origin all at the Autumn Classic (if we count out ice show Seimei in 2015). ACI is also the birth place of the 4Lo, the historical 112.72 SP record and countless costume debuts.

So yeah, there were some bombed programs, awful judging and the 'glove incident'... :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

But overall ACI is a competition of many great moments.

I was at Nebelhorn on Thursday and Friday (had to miss Pairs, Ladies and Dance FS because I had to get back to London for a business conference 😢) and I was surprised by the high attendance of locals plus some international spectators like me. That being said, my expectations were extremely low and I thought the rink would be almost empty. It can’t even begin to compare to ACI, of course, and the tribunes were separated so the side closer to the door was for the audience and the other side could only be occupied by officials, skaters, team members, press etc

So the audience side was almost full, and mostly by elderly Germans, which I thought was very cute because you could tell they were from the area and really enjoyed Winter Sports. Many Austrians too, and there were a couple of Israeli and American fans as well.

Very, very modest but I was so negative haha