General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 1 hora, kaerb said:

Hello, im drawing a little on the wisdom of the crowd for a twitter thread I'm making - I remember there were some Chinese skaters with costume tributes to Yuzu this year and in the past (I seem to remember etude, Poto 1.0 and 2.0, maybe a PW?) and even a rollerskater from a few years ago but cannot for the life of me locate their names or clips. Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Can you DM me here or Twitter (@axelsandwich) if you have anything? Thanks guys~ :clapclap4:

I think you should add this. Minute 4:00 you can see Grassl doing the Hanyu-spin. 

4 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I'm soft... At this point Beijing 2022 will look like a contest of who can make the best Hanyu tribute lol and I love it

ppl often do "tribute" after a few years of that program but this junior upgrades that definition to a new height. Why not do the same program in the same year with your idol? :xD:

Juniors always know what's good. When they go up to seniors and Yuzu has retired, expect more "tributes" like this.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

ppl often do "tribute" after a few years of that program but this junior upgrades that definition to a new height. Why not do the same program in the same year with your idol? :xD:

Juniors always know what's good. When they go up to seniors and Yuzu has retired, expect more "tributes" like this.

Let's not forget Donovan doing his free skate at ACI in Notre Dame de Paris costume... and all the hydroblades that are popping up in Men's.... it's not just the juniors who know what's good! 

1 hour ago, Ashley2162018 said:

JGP slowly turning into" "Yuzuru Sempai notice me." campaign.

Its just so beautiful.

ISU you can drag him by numbers but his quality is above your scoring system.

This makes what Dick Button said during the Olympics make more sense. That high scores are just scores, the real deal is when you see the person skate.

And the feeling that skating leaves you with ,for that there no scoring sistem good enough!

fellow skaters ,no matter if they are jr or not,know a good thing when they see it ISU cannot and it’s their loss.

I have no reason because of course I ve never met him but I feel strangely proud of Yuzuru , like he’s a friend and not someone I admire ....he’s really changing the sport !

3 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

JGP slowly turning into" "Yuzuru Sempai notice me." campaign.

Its just so beautiful.

ISU you can drag him by numbers but his quality is above your scoring system.

This makes what Dick Button said during the Olympics make more sense. That high scores are just scores, the real deal is when you see the person skate.

It's interesting to remember all the criticism directed against Yuzu in the past and now see the reactions of the next generation:

"Hanyu's music choices are plain and bland"

▶️ juniors pick his music pieces or even use the same cuts

"Hanyu's costumes are too sparky and feminine"

▶️ juniors adapt or reproduce his costume designs

"Hanyu's programs and moves are boring and repetitive"

▶️ juniors incorporate his signature moves or even mimic complete parts of his choreo

"The Pooh madness is ridiculous"

▶️ juniors have Pooh or other plushies, too, and let their coaches carry them around

Then we have all the happy flower girls and boys, who give him presents and hugs during the competition. We have the Japanese juniors, who celebrate Yuzu's 4T+3A sequence at Worlds together (I will never forget the boys' euphoric reaction on the couch. That was so relatable.) We have all the young skaters, who praise him in interviews and study his technique. Coaches use his videos as tutorials...

Whatever the ISU wants to do. Yuzuru Hanyu is a role model in figure skating now and his footprint is everywhere. No scoring, no narratives, no kind of discreditation can erease his legacy from this sport anymore.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Whatever the ISU wants to do. Yuzuru Hanyu is a role model in figure skating now and his footprint is everywhere. No scoring, no narratives, no kind of discreditation can erease his legacy from this sport anymore.

And when after retirement and producing ice shows, HIS shows will be the ones all the skaters want to skate in.

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

It's interesting to remember all the criticism directed against Yuzu in the past and now see the reactions of the next generation:

"Hanyu's music choices are plain and bland"

▶️ juniors pick his music pieces or even use the same cuts

"Hanyu's costumes are too sparky and feminine"

▶️ juniors adapt or reproduce his costume designs

"Hanyu's programs and moves are boring and repetitive"

▶️ juniors incorporate his signature moves or even mimic complete parts of his choreo

"The Pooh madness is ridiculous"

▶️ juniors have Pooh or other plushies, too, and let their coaches carry them around

Then we have all the happy flower girls and boys, who give him presents and hugs during the competition. We have the Japanese juniors, who celebrate Yuzu's 4T+3A sequence at Worlds together (I will never forget the boys' euphoric reaction on the couch. That was so relatable.) We have all the young skaters, who praise him in interviews and study his technique. Coaches use his videos as tutorials...

Also Yuma and Kao trying -3a sequences in practice.:D

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

And he got there simply by always being his best self and having confidence that his hard work would pay off. All the admiration he gets is natural and well-deserved