Jump to content
Planet Hanyu Staff

General Yuzuru Chat

Recommended Posts

That is why I really wanted Yuzu to do a show version of Origin ... There were so many intricate details in the media day choreography that I felt got cut out or lost in the tension of the competitions before he had chance to familiarise it. I just dunno how he would feel doing it in a show if Plushenko is also there (and he is there in most shows). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

 

 

 

/whisper/ Skate Canada please take note....

When they say 'surplus', are they talking about net economic benefit to the Finnish economy at large, or just the profit the host federation/ organisers made? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faeline said:

This is why they are milking Yuzu for all the remaining seasons... not many more chances for a sellout FS competition. :yznotimpressed:

The irony is ISU, the judges, even JSF dont seem to appeciate Yuzuru.

 

Olympic Channel, the GP event organisers, Beijing 2022 organisers yes but not the powers that be in figure skating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to everyone, I'm a new Yuzuru fan an this forum helped immensely to get to know him better. Thank you for that. :67789441::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I've been steadily working my way through the competitions media post and I love it. But is there a way to actually watch the whole competitions? Especially the 2014 & 2018 Olympics? I'm a bit ocd about watching things in the right order and I just can't seem to find videos of the other Skaters.

 

if this is the wrong place fo my question please feel free to move it in the right thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When they say 'surplus', are they talking about net economic benefit to the Finnish economy at large, or just the profit the host federation/ organisers made? 

 

 

They talk about the Finnish skating federation´s profit. And when you consider how they organized the event at short notice, you could say that the GP Helsinki was a true jackpot for the federation. They don´t know yet how to use the money but personally I would put it to the junior work and some other developement projects which would benefit the Finnish figure skating in the long-term. But this is just my personal opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fiamma said:

Hello to everyone, I'm a new Yuzuru fan an this forum helped immensely to get to know him better. Thank you for that. :67789441::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I've been steadily working my way through the competitions media post and I love it. But is there a way to actually watch the whole competitions? Especially the 2014 & 2018 Olympics? I'm a bit ocd about watching things in the right order and I just can't seem to find videos of the other Skaters.

 

if this is the wrong place fo my question please feel free to move it in the right thread.

We might have some videos but not all of them. We're slowly downloading and uploading them (if anyone has them saved pls help us out :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:)

 

 

You can check out the videos section (it's better in desktop mode) for more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

We might have some videos but not all of them. We're slowly downloading and uploading them (if anyone has them saved pls help us out :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:)

 

 

You can check out the videos section (it's better in desktop mode) for more.

 

Thank you so much for the links and for the Desktop mode suggestion (I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out on my own :headdesk:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiamma said:

Hello to everyone, I'm a new Yuzuru fan an this forum helped immensely to get to know him better. Thank you for that. :67789441::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I've been steadily working my way through the competitions media post and I love it. But is there a way to actually watch the whole competitions? Especially the 2014 & 2018 Olympics? I'm a bit ocd about watching things in the right order and I just can't seem to find videos of the other Skaters.

 

if this is the wrong place fo my question please feel free to move it in the right thread.

This has been my go to for full videos of competitions.  Thanks to @dasani (hope OK to share) 

 

I really enjoy watching Yuzu (as we all do 😉) but there is another level of appreciation when you see his artistry and quality of his jumps/spins compared to other skaters.

 

https://www.evernote.com/client/snv?noteGuid=bd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426&noteKey=128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs671%2Fsh%2Fbd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426%2F128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&title=dasani%2Bshared%2Bvideos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

This has been my go to for full videos of competitions.  Thanks to @dasani (hope OK to share) 

 

I really enjoy watching Yuzu (as we all do 😉) but there is another level of appreciation when you’re see his artistry and quality of his jumps/spins compared to other skaters.

 

https://www.evernote.com/client/snv?noteGuid=bd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426&noteKey=128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs671%2Fsh%2Fbd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426%2F128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&title=dasani%2Bshared%2Bvideos

Thanks for the links ! I am at work and there are no costumers now I will be able to at least watch some Videos for the next 5 h at work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a warning sign associated with Yuzu videos.  

Admit it.  We all just wanted to watch a video:dancingpooh: then fell into the rabbit hole and watched for hours and hours and hours...

:S:bed::13877886:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

There should be a warning sign associated with Yuzu videos.  

Admit it.  We all just wanted to watch a video:dancingpooh: then fell into the rabbit hole and watched for hours and hours and hours...

:S:bed::13877886:

 

yes LOL you start with just one and then you just have to  follow that white rabbit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yuzuru-hanyus-triple-axel said:

You can also find the full Olympic competitions on the olympic channel (f.e.: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/men-s-free-skating-figure-skating-pyeongchang-2018-replays/)

Some other competitions may still be on YouTube (2015 GPF, 2017 Worlds) but I think most of them got deleted. 

1 hour ago, SuperMin said:

This has been my go to for full videos of competitions.  Thanks to @dasani (hope OK to share) 

 

I really enjoy watching Yuzu (as we all do 😉) but there is another level of appreciation when you see his artistry and quality of his jumps/spins compared to other skaters.

 

https://www.evernote.com/client/snv?noteGuid=bd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426&noteKey=128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&sn=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.evernote.com%2Fshard%2Fs671%2Fsh%2Fbd346309-e3c5-499f-a471-c910445fd426%2F128fcea0b4ef7ad08f83bdd72874ce1c&title=dasani%2Bshared%2Bvideos

Thank you for your help. Since I'm not only an new Yuzu fan, but new to figure skating in general I find it really interesting to watch old competitions. All those videos will keep me occupied for a long time :68556365:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Fiamma said:

Thank you for your help. Since I'm not only an new Yuzu fan, but new to figure skating in general I find it really interesting to watch old competitions. All those videos will keep me occupied for a long time :68556365:

welcome and yes say goodbye to your regular lfe:68468287:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...