General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, TallyT said:

Worlds 13...? the year he went to Canada so was 'between stepping stones'.

Yuzu went to Canada in May, 2012 and had set records in the SP (PW) with Brian as his coach at 2012 Skate America and 2012 NHK and come in second at the 2012 GPF in Sochi (behind Daisuke Takahashi and ahead of Patrick Chan).

He did poorly at 2013 Worlds in London, Ontario, Canada, because he missed practice time due to having the flu and he had injured his knee just prior to the competition.

Edit: Doing "poorly" for Yuzu was coming in 4th. He was 9th after the SP and fought back in the FS where he was 3rd. Thanks primarily to his efforts, Team Japan was able to retain 3 positions in the single men's category for the 2014 Olympics and World Championships.

23 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Johnny gets a mention as an influence but not Plushy?? 

I just looked back through the Internet Archive - Plushy's never been listed as an influence on Yuzu's bio. Link

It was weird seeing the earliest version of his bio, though. (From the beginning of the 2009-2010 season!) Personal bests: SP 58.18, FS 103.59, total 161.77. One junior national championship under his belt, fifth at his only JGP outing (and no second assignment, even), twelfth at junior Worlds. Amazing to see how far he's come.

Edit: also, his hobbies haven't changed in ten years. Still just "music."

Okay I decided... if Yuzuru isn't back in Japan by 5 pm, I'm gonna attempt to go at Haneda for the flight that arrives at 6.30 pm... so that today at least I have some time to stroll around Ginza and Tokyo center. I am too stressed ahhahahah

Update: I am going to Haneda, if anyone wants to wait the ninja with me and have a coffee I am free hahahahhaha