General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I've just found out today that one of my Japanese friend who also lives in Perth is a fanyu!!! I can't believe I've known her for about 8 years but didn't know anything about it. The funny thing is, my husband had ran into her in a shopping centre so they've had coffees together. And my husband must have complained about me binge watching fs and that's when she's said it's the same for her. She's told him that she watches anything and everything to do with Yuzu. What a small world!! Or birds of a feather Hanyu together!?

BOOMSHAKALAKA

If I were you, I would have a waltz dance with her

2 minutes ago, Anzi said:

BOOMSHAKALAKA

If I were you, I would have a waltz dance with her

I've only sent her an email with few links to my fav Yuzu sites and ISU live streaming (she didn't know that's existed). I'd like to lead her into the Yuzu pond slowly as I don't want to scare her off but you know...I'm jiggling in my head like a crazy woman possessed with dancing fever. YES I HAVE A FANYU FRIEND WITH WHOM I CAN SHARE THIS FEELING!! 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:33 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Every group of six skaters takes roughly half an hour to get through, so it depends on how many groups there are. 

Actually each skater takes approximately 10 minutes.  There's four minutes for the program, plus the minute or so where the skater takes his place and prepares to start.  That's five minutes.  Then there's the period after finishing where the TV audience watches the recap of the just-completed performance and then every eye is focused on the kiss and cry while awaiting the judgment of the judges.  All told, there's nearly ten minutes there.  And don't forget that usually before the last group the zambonis are brought out to refresh the ice plus there's the nearly ten minutes that occurs between each group (the introduction of the skaters and the six-minute warm-up).  I don't know if at Worlds they cut the low-scorers to leave just twenty-four, like they do at the Olympics, so that could have some effect on how many skaters are skating the long-program.  There are thirty-five skaters skating the short program.  Whether it's all thirty-five or just the top twenty-four, we're still looking at the final group starting somewhere between three and four hours after things get underway.  

12 hours ago, Neenah said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

The FS starts at the exact time as my lecture :gaah:... Anyone knows how long does the competition usually take? Can I make it for the last group if I rush back home  :sad4:

12 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Actually each skater takes approximately 10 minutes.  There's four minutes for the program, plus the minute or so where the skater takes his place and prepares to start.  That's five minutes.  Then there's the period after finishing where the TV audience watches the recap of the just-completed performance and then every eye is focused on the kiss and cry while awaiting the judgment of the judges.  All told, there's nearly ten minutes there.  And don't forget that usually before the last group the zambonis are brought out to refresh the ice plus there's the nearly ten minutes that occurs between each groups (the introduction of the skaters and the six-minute warm-up).  I don't know if at Worlds they cut the low-scorers to leave just twenty-four, like they do at the Olympics, so that could have some effect on how many skaters are skating the long-program.  There are thirty-five skaters skating the short program.  Whether it's all thirty-five or just the top twenty-four, we're still looking at the final group starting somewhere between three and four hours after things get underway.  

24 skaters qualify for the free skate, that's four groups. One group is around one hour long including the six-minute warm-up. So with zambone time together the free skate will take a bit more than 4 hours. It starts at 17.30 local time and will be finished before 22:00

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

24 skaters qualify for the free skate, that's four groups. One group is around one hour long including the six-minute warm-up. So with zambone time together the free skate will take a bit more than 4 hours. It starts at 17.30 local time and will be finished before 22:00

Thank you.  I knew somebody would have the details.  At least I was on the right track.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Actually each skater takes approximately 10 minutes.  There's four minutes for the program, plus the minute or so where the skater takes his place and prepares to start.  That's five minutes.  Then there's the period after finishing where the TV audience watches the recap of the just-completed performance and then every eye is focused on the kiss and cry while awaiting the judgment of the judges.  All told, there's nearly ten minutes there.  And don't forget that usually before the last group the zambonis are brought out to refresh the ice plus there's the nearly ten minutes that occurs between each groups (the introduction of the skaters and the six-minute warm-up).  I don't know if at Worlds they cut the low-scorers to leave just twenty-four, like they do at the Olympics, so that could have some effect on how many skaters are skating the long-program.  There are thirty-five skaters skating the short program.  Whether it's all thirty-five or just the top twenty-four, we're still looking at the final group starting somewhere between three and four hours after things get underway.  

For the free skate. SP programs are 2min and a bit, it goes by quicker. 

Technically I was correct, each group takes at least half an hour...:acceptable:

6 hours ago, Anzi said:

Thank you so much!

So people think the one appears at the beginning of the video touching the ice might be the ninja Zu

Or his clone brother lol

At first I thought that, but the person re-appears later in the video skating off the ice, and by the way they're moving, I'd say it's Jun. Hard to tell though.