General Yuzuru Chat

Yude translated a part of Shuzo Matsuoka's interview about Yuzuru: GS

When I asked him, "What is this gold medal for?", he answered, "The gold medal that I had thrown away all my happiness to get". He threw away what he had wanted to do, such as eating habit, training, layout of the programs and so on. But when I asked him, "What did you grab from all of them", he said "I grabbed happiness." 

:cry:

3 hours ago, Yoa said:

PJKwong and Kurt talked about Yuzuru and 4A! :13877886:

https://ameblo.jp/mkp2012/entry-12413395127.html

Transcription: starts at 13:07

PJ: So what are you really looking forward to this season? Tell me the biggest thing you're looking forward to.

Kurt: ... Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm really excited about Yuzu because of something he said to me the other day.

PJ: Tell me what he said.

Kurt: Two things but one's private. He said 'I'm back this year' with his wonderful accent and barely English, but he's back to do a quad axel and that is some sexy, exciting stuff.

PJ: I have seen it in practice. Not landed but holy smokes the speed, the height.. whoo!

Kurt: And he's fragile like a bird so I hope he makes it through this. Um... and he and I had a talk about it. For about 5 days, a million years ago I was trying a quad axel

PJ: Were you really?

Kurt: I was.

PJ: How close did you get? Did you land any?

Kurt: No.. no, I didn't get close. It felt  like... I told him... I said 'it felt like I was in the air forever'. Like I've gone up and (looks at watch) I've gotta be done now and then I'd open up early.

Carol: Is it over?

Kurt: Not done yet. And he laughed and said 'I know it feels like... forever'. And it is this (mou chotto pose) much longer than any of his other quads. Like this much. But the feeling, the way that we turn 4 is not the way you turn 4 with an axel. That's why the triple axel is different than the other triples and it just felt like I was in the air forever. So I felt validated that maybe, arguably, the best skater that's ever skated, you know, said that to me. I was like 'yeah! that's how I felt too.'

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Transcription: starts at 13:07

PJ: So what are you really looking forward to this season? Tell me the biggest thing you're looking forward to.

Kurt: ... Yuzuru Hanyu. I'm really excited about Yuzu because of something he said to me the other day.

PJ: Tell me what he said.

Kurt: Two things but one's private. He said 'I'm back this year' with his wonderful accent and barely English, but he's back to do a quad axel and that is some sexy, exciting stuff.

PJ: I have seen it in practice. Not landed but holy smokes the speed, the height.. whoo!

Kurt: And he's fragile like a bird so I hope he makes it through this. Um... and he and I had a talk about it for about 5 days. A million years ago I was trying a quad axel.

PJ: Were you really?

Kurt: I was.

PJ: How close did you get? Did you land any?

Kurt: No.. no, I didn't get close. It felt  like... I told him... I said 'it felt like I was in the air forever'. Like I've gone up and (looks at watch) I've gotta be done now and then I'd open up early.

Carol: Is it over?

Kurt: Not done yet. And he laughed and said 'I know it feels like... forever'. And it is this (mou chotto pose) much longer than any of his other quads. Like this much. But the feeling, the way that we turn 4 is not the way you turn 4 with an axel. That's why the triple axel is different than the other triples and it just felt like I was in the air forever. So I felt validated that maybe, arguably, the best skater that's ever skated, you know, said that to me. I was like 'yeah! that's how I felt too.'

I know Nessie is a monster jump and not anything to be taken lightly, but I can't help but feel we're going to see it sooner than we think.  

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Kurt: And he's fragile like a bird so I hope he makes it through this. Um... and he and I had a talk about it for about 5 days. A million years ago I was trying a quad axel.

Do you think that Kurt actually meant to say: "and he and I had a talk about it. For about 5 days, a million years ago I was trying a quad axel"?

Because having a talk for about five days sounds like working on a program together... 

17 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Do you think that Kurt actually meant to say: "and he and I had a talk about it. For about 5 days, a million years ago I was trying a quad axel"?

Because having a talk for about five days sounds like working on a program together... 

I think that's what he said, because he follows up the story with "but the competition was coming" and that he never really tried it much after those 5 days.

I know the conversation moved on from Otoñal to the 4A but I wanted to bring attention to something regarding the long spread eagle in front of the judges and the hope of more arm movement there. I'm not sure if people have noticed, but the SE is during a silent moment in the music and he only moves his arm right as there's a note after the silence. It's so well timed it gives me chills (also more noticeable on fancams from certain angles). So while I think he needs to tighten his body and shoulders more not to seem so nonchalant during that SE, I'm now not sure if I want the effectiveness of that movement right on the note to be diminished if he's moving his arms more often during the SE.

I wouldn't mind if he went with the suggestion I've seen to change his first spin and his combo order. It might fit the music just as well as the layout he currently has. 

56 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Listened to it again (I just sorta speed typed) and you're right! Changed the transcript. Thanks!!