General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, Fay said:

I think that the jump sequence in Otonal is Yuzu’s tribute to the structure of programs in early 2000 programs, when skater first did their difficult stuff and then everything else. The difference being Yuzu included quite a lot of difficult choreographic moves between the jumps...

so I find it weirdly fresh. 

I feel like he is going after +5 goes rather than %10 bonus. I think it'd be rather easier to execute (and focus) the jumps with high stamina level so he cen get high goe from them and on the rest he can concentrate on the choreo 

About Otonal:  In my opinion, the version we saw at ACI was not at all complete. There were parts where Yuzu seemed to be still deciding what to do next in the middle of the program. So I'm looking forward to seeing the Helsinki version, I'm expecting it to be full of interesting things.

1 час назад, liv сказал:

I find Origin pretty much perfect in terms of construct. The bones of the program are great, I find it waaaay more interesting and complex than H&L, and it *only* needs clean elements.... like a house that only needs some new paint and fixtures as opposed to tearing down walls and moving the plumbing. 

I even don't think Origin needs to be completely clean to have a great impact, even one-two mistakes will not hurt it if Yuzu will have enough energy till the end, not like H&L which became wow only when completely clean. Though in terms of construct (order of the elements) I think H&L was more interesting then Seimei.

As for Otonal I think Yuzu's interpretation was great for a first start we shouldn't compare it with Chopin 3.0

Here’s my personal take on Otoñal, after seeing it in person at ACI and watching it quite a few times on video. 

I like the deliberate succession of the jumps and the section of the music they’re choreographed too I think is perfect. I’m not sure if the frontloading was an ode to older programs, but I think placement of the elements was done to highlight the explosive step sequence and to give him time to focus on it. It actually reminds me a lot of Mao’s free skate programs, like Swan Lake and Rach 2, where the highlight is obviously the step sequence toward the end of the program. I also appreciate the minimalist movements in the first half, I think it makes the movements he does do more effect and highlights it. The little shoulder movement in the spread eagle always makes me think of a sudden “tugging” of the heartstring during a moment of calm.

I think the major issue at ACI was - the spins. I think going into the combo he lost a bit of concentration, had a messy combo and then the trip/hop into the spin which disrupted the flow of the program. It sort of drained the energy that had been built up in the program to that point and Yuzu had to build it up from zero at the start of the step sequence. I expect better outings of the program later on and some minor adjustments. Watching the practice videos again I think it was much better skated there. 

I certainly did not mean to be overly negative of origin and otonal. Seeing them live at ACI was amazing and I absolutely love both programs. I think origin is his most developed and full long program ever. Otonal just needs to be clean. I have no doubts that they will only become more amazingvwith time. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Was it that competition when he ate the sandwich with paprika in it? :68468287: Iirc he said it was in Finland. 

Btw Finland is really a lucky place for him, he went there four times I think (2004, Finlandia Trophy 2x and ofc Worlds) and he won all four competitions. 

Yep~! Finland is where the paprika trauma originated. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: