General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, the50person said:

It was innocent headtilt > demure lowering of eyelids > normal raising of eyelids > steadying of gaze> BAM! Gaze suddenly deepens into a bottomless pool + sudden change in eyes and onset of smolder with a scary narrowing of eyes + lips slightly apart which all come together to produce an intimidating expression

Like HOW

You forgot the weird deep voice out of nowhere that isn't his.  Possessed by the Gum Demon.

4 hours ago, gladi said:

I'm wondering if there could also be an argument to be made for the quad loop being harder to execute consistently across a variety of ice conditions, compared to toe quads? I remember Takahashi testing out the ice at Gangneung and making an offhand comment that the ice there was easy for edge jumps. So additionally, I'm also wondering what kind of ice condition is favorable for edge jumps, and if there are parallel concerns for toe jumps?

I think that's absolutely an argument people make, I think edge jumps are more affected than toe jumps simply due to the fact that they are much more dependent on being in contact with more ice for the weight transfer/take off. More experienced skaters than me can speak to this, but I think it's like Goldilocks three bears, it can't be too soft, too hard, or too wet. I think if the ice is much too soft there's too much friction, lots of snow flying, making it harder to get a clean take off, too wet and you might just slide, or if the ice is full of deep ruts and holes because of the ice being too soft, your blade can catch on the take off. Harder ice generally seems to be better, but if it's too hard I don't think there's enough "give" to get into your edges to do the edge jump.

Oh, I see @Xen posted just in time! Welcome to the forum! :drinks:

22 minutes ago, the50person said:

It was innocent headtilt > demure lowering of eyelids > normal raising of eyelids > steadying of gaze> BAM! Gaze suddenly deepens into a bottomless pool + sudden change in eyes and onset of smolder with a scary narrowing of eyes + lips slightly apart which all come together to produce an intimidating expression

Like HOW

21 minutes ago, xeyra said:

You have studied this very deeply, I see. 

Alert: someone's been watching hydroblade's profile picture too much :BeatingHeart:

:text-line-smiley-064: but I admit everytime I come across hydro's comment I always took the time and look at the gorgeous profile picture lol :text-line-smiley-065:

Just now, Hannah said:

I can't blame him.... how can anyone blame him? But you should know that you slow down this thread as it takes so long to concentrate on our replies :rolleye0008:

Now i know what i have to do to help people catch up with the thread :devilYuzuf:

3 minutes ago, Hannah said:

I can't blame him.... how can anyone blame him? But you should know that you slow down this thread as it takes so long to concentrate on our replies :rolleye0008:

But this way your replies will be better argumented, because you spent quite some time on them!

2 hours ago, unicorn said:

I think that's absolutely an argument people make, I think edge jumps are more affected than toe jumps simply due to the fact that they are much more dependent on being in contact with more ice for the weight transfer/take off. More experienced skaters than me can speak to this, but I think it's like Goldilocks three bears, it can't be too soft, too hard, or too wet. I think if the ice is much too soft there's too much friction, lots of snow flying, making it harder to get a clean take off, too wet and you might just slide, or if the ice is full of deep ruts and holes because of the ice being too soft, your blade can catch on the take off. Harder ice generally seems to be better, but if it's too hard I don't think there's enough "give" to get into your edges to do the edge jump.

Oh, I see @Xen posted just in time! Welcome to the forum! :drinks:

I am sure 4F is not more difficult than 4Lo. Frankly the BV are almost about the same. The gap isn't big. So it's funny when the Shoma's media supporters go around saying 4F is more difficult even though they're almost around the same. Not to mention Shoma doesn't have a true 4F. If I have to use Mishin's words, Shoma's 4F is just an illusion. It's more of a hybrid of a toe and edge jump. It's not even a quad because it's just 3.25 rotations.

Nathan is the only one with a true 4F at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Wait a minute, that argument doesn't hold.

If the judges don't give better GOE because they think the 4L is eiser why are they giving +3's to 4T and 4S?

Because Javi is the only true hope of European judges... like Maxim Trankov said. Javi is the only "true masculine" guy among the top men... :sign0001:

On 21/5/2017 at 10:38, Murieleirum said:

I swear, the thing that gives me bile is Shoma and Yuzu getting the same GOE for 4loop. And also the same GOE for 3A. 

It's a scandal, like Max would say. 

It bothers me more on the SP 4Lo. Shoma's 4CC 4Lo was quite a beauty (the only true good 4Lo he's had so far) so it deserved its GOE there, but Yuzu's SP SE-4Lo-SE not getting more than 2.43 GOE at Worlds (the same as his FS) made me very sad.