General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

It bothers me more on the SP 4Lo. Shoma's 4CC 4Lo was quite a beauty (the only true good 4Lo he's had so far) so I think it deserved its GOE there, but Yuzu's SP SE-4Lo-SE not getting more than 2.43 GOE at Worlds (the same as his FS) made me very sad. 

Yes, what makes me angry is that I think about the hours, the days, the months Yuzuru spends every time he has to insert a new jump, to make it technically perfect and to put difficult steps before and after it, and that has no meaning for some judges. They are trying to diminish his genius, much like when Mozart went to court and they told him he was playing "Too many notes", LOL. (Sorry, the example has been on my mind for months. To me, Yuzuru is a skating genius as much as Mozart was with music.) And then Shoma comes along and yes, you said right, he didn't have many good 4loops. I've seen various and they annoyed me because of the little height and distance (and the free leg during landing) 

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I swear, the thing that gives me bile is Shoma and Yuzu getting the same GOE for 4loop. And also the same GOE for 3A. 

It's a scandal, like Max would say. 

I was like, "He doesn't get +3 GOE for that perfect SE-4Lo-SE ?? What can he do more to deserve +3 GOE in judges eyes?!" :yznotimpressed: 

9 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Why do I feel like the judges don't like yuzu to win anything again in the sport. They're like,  "you're too 'old'. It's 'boring'. Unless you bring the new quad like the younguns. We don't give you the perfect score." :yznotimpressed:

1st - Yuzuru already won OGM, so they want a different one, those chosen ones do not have to be younger guys, they want Javi too. Right after Sochi, Russian insiders already said ISU "want a new one at the next Olympic".

2nd - Judges want Javi the most (if you look at the scores they gave Javi last season, too many 10s and 3 even though he has NO new quad). Also, the majority of judges are European, so they score Javi based on some bias too. They think Javi is "the last masculine skater". 

3nd - Yuzuru does not do bad, his consistency is above Javi and the rest of the men actually, but he is held to a different standard. Judges want the highest BV from Yuzuru AND the highest quality. Any tiny mistake will be judged harshly, but other men can pre-rotate- under-rotate -Almost fall and still get GOE. The reason is simple, they are not Yuzuru Hanyu the one who has had so many WR and OGM.

Yuzuru did say something right, for him to win the 2nd OGM, he has to improve crazily to become the absolute champion. The thing is, no one is absolute. No one is perfect. He is the only one who is expected to be perfect. It is unreasonable standard I know. But that's the only way for him.

4 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Why are they really want to push someone from europe...I don't understand.....

Because most of the small feds are in Europe. If you look at the judging panel of most big competition. Most of the time, at least 5 up to 7 out of 9 judges are from Europe. As long as you're a top skater who is European and NOT Russian, you get the judges' love. Example: Carolina Kostner, Aliona Svachenko, Javier Fernandez.

Tbh its the same thing with his 3A. That jump is always a thing of beauty but it took many years for him to get a full +3 GOE. The one in PW didn't get any +3 as far as I remember. Only last season (and COC2014) he start to get max GOE on some of his quads and 3A. But once the pandora box is opened, everyone can get it. A SE before 3A and a decent landing and BAM ... +3 across the board. Its a bit unfair for him :smiley-sad014: And if he dare to take out some difficult entries or transitions, they will punish him in just a blink :smiley-sad014:

Sorry I'm so bitter every time I think about Yuzu's GOE :smiley-sad016:

12 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Why do I feel like the judges don't like yuzu to win anything again in the sport. They're like,  "you're too 'old'. It's 'boring'. Unless you bring the new quad like the younguns. We don't give you the perfect score." :yznotimpressed:

As long as he still skates better than the others, it doesn't matter if he wins or not. People know who the real champion is, they remember performances, not medals :yes:

And the fact that he is forced to be better than others, it makes him a better skater and champion :goe:

55 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, what makes me angry is that I think about the hours, the days, the months Yuzuru spends every time he has to insert a new jump, to make it technically perfect and to put difficult steps before and after it, and that has no meaning for some judges. They are trying to diminish his genius, much like when Mozart went to court and they told him he was playing "Too many notes", LOL. (Sorry, the example has been on my mind for months. To me, Yuzuru is a skating genius as much as Mozart was with music.) And then Shoma comes along and yes, you said right, he didn't have many good 4loops. I've seen various and they annoyed me because of the little height and distance (and the free leg during landing) 

Sorry, but Mozart is overrated :noshake: People think he is  a "genius" bc he was once a "wonder child", but in reality, he is nothing special  :shrug:

Yuzuru is like a mix of Beethoven's and Dvorak's music- powerful, godlike, deep and pretty at the same time :worship:

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This thread is making me sad...

Noy really, I do think Yuzuru is in better position than Yuna in 2014 and Plushenko in 2010 because Yuzuru does upgrade his layout. I think maybe Yuzuru's layout won't be higher than Nathan (who might go for 6-7 quads), however there is a high chance Yuzuru's layout might be the second highest. And with better quality and better programs, he can make it. Have some faith in him, and pray for him.

1 minute ago, GoldMedalist said:

Sorry, but Mozart is overrated :noshake: People think he is  a "genius" bc he was once a "wonder child", but in reality, he is nothing special  :shrug:

Yuzuru is like a mix of Beethoven's and Dvorak's music- powerful, godlike, deep and pretty at the same time :worship:

Uhmm, pardon the :offtopic: but I feel personally offended if someone says Mozart is overrated :rofl: I fell in love with him during my fourth year of history of music, relatively late if you consider I spent 6 years studying music without really appreciating him. Mozart was gifted as a child, and went all around Europe with his bigger sister (equally brilliant) to perform, but that was nothing compared to his adult accomplishments. It's not just the fact that he wrote everything that was musically possible with the current (current at his time) musical system, thanks to his never dying creativity and child-like imagination, it's not just the fact that the themes he used in his ballets and operas were new, prohibited, controversial (they were about love, they made fun of kings), just like his persona, thus he was very underrated during his life time, no, even hated, during his short life time, it's not just the fact that he paved the way for Romanticism through his last creations (which means he was a revolutionary, ahead of his time, like a lot of musicians in history) (see: Requiem), therefore, I can assure you there wouldn't have been any Beethoven without Mozart. It's his effortlessness, the easiness with which music came to him, as if it was the most natural thing in the world - and the reason most of Mozart's themes are remembered and loved even today isn't because he was a "wonder child", but because he was a crazy, crazy child in the body of an adult, that wrote music through unfiltered passion and love for all that is human.

Of course, with this comment I could only condensate some of the reasons why he is fundamental to know and appreciate, but I suggest you to listen to his Magic Flute, his Requiem, his Barbiere di Siviglia, anything you can put your hands on, tbh.

I compared Mozart and Yuzuru because of this 'easiness in doing impossible things' and their 'child-like love for life/music/skating', but it was just an example, to compare two geniuses together. There are many other musicians I could compare Yuzuru with. 

Of course, you have every right not to like Mozart. But saying he is nothing special and he is overrated is another thing. 

(Mozart uber OUT. Sorry for the huge OT.)

8 minutes ago, meoima said:

Noy really, I do think Yuzuru is in better position than Yuna in 2014 and Plushenko in 2010 because Yuzuru does upgrade his layout. I think maybe his layout won't be higher than Nathan (who might go for 6-7 quads), but his layout might be the second highest. And with better quality and better programs, he can make it. Have some faith in him, and pray for him.

Not to mention, Yuzu does compete alot after winning OGM. For 3 seasons, he only WD from 2 competitions, 1 senior B, 1 Nationals. Plushy only cameback in 2009-10 season. And I think Yuna had the same problem, she rarely competed after Vancouver. She is the queen when it comes to deliver at the right times, but if she compete more, her PCS and GOE might be high enough to put her above Adelina. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Uhmm, pardon the :offtopic: but I feel personally offended if someone says Mozart is overrated :rofl: I fell in love with him during my fourth year of history of music, relatively late if you consider I spent 6 years studying music without really appreciating him. Mozart was gifted as a child, and went all around Europe with his bigger sister (equally brilliant) to perform, but that was nothing compared to his adult accomplishments. It's not just the fact that he wrote everything that was musically possible with the current (current at his time) musical system, thanks to his never dying creativity and child-like imagination, it's not just the fact that the themes he used in his ballets and operas were new, prohibited, controversial (they were about love, they made fun of kings), just like his persona, thus he was very underrated during his life time, no, even hated, during his short life time, it's not just the fact that he paved the way for Romanticism through his last creations (which means he was a revolutionary, ahead of his time, like a lot of musicians in history) (see: Requiem), therefore, I can assure you there wouldn't have been any Beethoven without Mozart. It's his effortlessness, the easiness with which music came to him, as if it was the most natural thing in the world - and the reason most of Mozart's themes are remembered and loved even today isn't because he was a "wonder child", but because he was a crazy, crazy child in the body of an adult, that wrote music through unfiltered passion and love for all that is human.

Of course, with this comment I could only condensate some of the reasons why he is fundamental to know and appreciate, but I suggest you to listen to his Magic Flute, his Requiem, his Barbiere di Siviglia, anything you can put your hands on, tbh.

I compared Mozart and Yuzuru because of this 'easiness in doing impossible things' and their 'child-like love for life/music/skating', but it was just an example, to compare two geniuses together. There are many other musicians I could compare Yuzuru with. 

Of course, you have every right not to like Mozart. But saying he is nothing special and he is overrated is another thing. 

(Mozart uber OUT. Sorry for the huge OT.)

As someone who grows up around classical musicians, I have to say Mozart is not over-rated at all. The greatness of Mozart is to make things so effective and memorable and so friendly to everyone even though the way he composed music still followed a strict standard of the classical era. 

59 minutes ago, meoima said:

1st - Yuzuru already won OGM, so they want a different one, those chosen ones do not have to be younger guys, they want Javi too. Right after Sochi, Russian insiders already said ISU "want a new one at the next Olympic".

2nd - Judges want Javi the most (if you look at the scores they gave Javi last season, too many 10s and 3 even though he has NO new quad). Also, the majority of judges are European, so they score Javi based on some bias too. They think Javi is "the last masculine skater". 

3nd - Yuzuru does not do bad, his consistency is above Javi and the rest of the men actually, but he is held to a different standard. Judges want the highest BV from Yuzuru AND the highest quality. Any tiny mistake will be judged harshly, but other men can pre-rotate- under-rotate -Almost fall and still get GOE. The reason is simple, they are not Yuzuru Hanyu the one who has had so many WR and OGM.

Yuzuru did say something right, for him to win the 2nd OGM, he has to improve crazily to become the absolute champion. The thing is, no one is absolute. No one is perfect. He is the only one who is expected to be perfect. It is unreasonable standard I know. But that's the only way for him.

Because most of the small feds are in Europe. If you look at the judging panel of most big competition. Most of the time, at least 5 up to 7 out of 9 judges are from Europe. As long as you're a top skater who is European and NOT Russian, you get the judges' love. Example: Carolina Kostner, Aliona Svachenko, Javier Fernandez.

Will it be different story if he was European? Poor yuzu to get different standard from those judges. I just hope he's doing well in Pyeongchang Olympic.