General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Alert: someone's been watching hydroblade's profile picture too much :BeatingHeart:

:text-line-smiley-064: but I admit everytime I come across hydro's comment I always took the time and look at the gorgeous profile picture lol :text-line-smiley-065:

Worthy investment of time, I say.

15 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Uhmm, pardon the :offtopic: but I feel personally offended if someone says Mozart is overrated :rofl: I fell in love with him during my fourth year of history of music, relatively late if you consider I spent 6 years studying music without really appreciating him. Mozart was gifted as a child, and went all around Europe with his bigger sister (equally brilliant) to perform, but that was nothing compared to his adult accomplishments. It's not just the fact that he wrote everything that was musically possible with the current (current at his time) musical system, thanks to his never dying creativity and child-like imagination, it's not just the fact that the themes he used in his ballets and operas were new, prohibited, controversial (they were about love, they made fun of kings), just like his persona, thus he was very underrated during his life time, no, even hated, during his short life time, it's not just the fact that he paved the way for Romanticism through his last creations (which means he was a revolutionary, ahead of his time, like a lot of musicians in history) (see: Requiem), therefore, I can assure you there wouldn't have been any Beethoven without Mozart. It's his effortlessness, the easiness with which music came to him, as if it was the most natural thing in the world - and the reason most of Mozart's themes are remembered and loved even today isn't because he was a "wonder child", but because he was a crazy, crazy child in the body of an adult, that wrote music through unfiltered passion and love for all that is human.

Of course, with this comment I could only condensate some of the reasons why he is fundamental to know and appreciate, but I suggest you to listen to his Magic Flute, his Requiem, his Barbiere di Siviglia, anything you can put your hands on, tbh.

I compared Mozart and Yuzuru because of this 'easiness in doing impossible things' and their 'child-like love for life/music/skating', but it was just an example, to compare two geniuses together. There are many other musicians I could compare Yuzuru with. 

Of course, you have every right not to like Mozart. But saying he is nothing special and he is overrated is another thing. 

(Mozart uber OUT. Sorry for the huge OT.)

:popcorn:

9 hours ago, unicorn said:

Thanks for the link! Interesting stuff. Despite Google Translate, I'm not sure I understand how equal GOEs are rewarded 1st/2nd/3rd place distinctions, it appears to be by whatever occurred first in the calendar year? I don't quite agree with that, so if same GOE = same "placement", 3 of his "2nd place finishes" would be 1sts (StSq4, CSSp4, 4Lo) and 2 3rds would be 2nd (CCoSp4, 3Lz). Of course, others would have to be recalculated as well.

Not sure if I missed someone else doing it in between already, but I recalculated their overall placements if you give both (or all 3 skaters) the higher placement for a single element in case of a tie. That gives you:

1st 2nd 3rd overall
Yuzu 5 3 1 9
Javi 4 2 - 6
Patrick 4 2 - 6
Shoma 3 1 - 4
Jason 2 - 1 3
Adam 1 2 - 3
Mika 1 1 1 3
Denis 1 - 2 3
Nathan 1 1 - 2
Boyang 1 - - 1

So, Yuzu where he belongs - with the most 1sts :pbow:

What's even more striking though, and already visible in the original run down, is that Yuzu has the most mentions overall. 9 compared to the next highest, which is 6 (Javi + Pat). (Although the original page is missing the 3S, if I'm not blind, and given he's not doing one while the others do, they would potentially get closer by one). His biggest strength is again not just the quality of a single element, but how good he is overall. He's in the top 3 for every jump he attempts (4Lo, 4T, 4S, 3A, 3Lz, 3F) - nothing any of the other guys can brag about (for example: Shoma missing 4T, Javi missing 3F/3Lz, Patrick missing 3A). He's top 3 in StSq and combination & sit spins - so only ChSq and FCCoSp and camel spin missing. Meaning overall, he is in the top 3 for 9 out of 12 elements at all. Talk about the complete package :BeatingHeart:

PS: I took out Mikas & Boyangs 3rd places for 4Lz and 4Lo. They landed them, but with negative GOE, and I'm a strict meanie so neither get points for that, much as I love them. Land your stuff well next season guys!

PPS: anyone else creeped out by Boyangs 4Lz pic?

20 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Will it be different story if he was European? Poor yuzu to get different standard from those judges. I just hope he's doing well in Pyeongchang Olympic. 

Well but on a higher note, @Katt has a point that Yuzuru has competed for non-stop this whole quad... so he will get great scores next season as long as he delivers because Olympic candies can be applied for everyone who constantly stays before the judges' eyes for years.

11 minutes ago, meoima said:

As someone who grows up around classical musicians, I have to say Mozart is not over-rated at all. The greatness of Mozart is to make things so effective and memorable and so friendly to everyone even though the way he composed music still followed a strict standard of the classical era. 

:offtopic:

I'm really annoyed by all these "mozart here, mozart there..." since my childhood, just because he was a "wonder child" :roll:. I can't hear it anymore, I think there are so many composers out there, who are better than him, but are ignored because they weren't "wonder children" :disappointed:

Back to zuzu :spacealien:

12 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

:offtopic:

I'm really annoyed by all these "mozart here, mozart there..." since my childhood, just because he was a "wonder child" :roll:. I can't hear it anymore, I think there are so many composers out there, who are better than him, but are ignored because they weren't "wonder children" :disappointed:

Back to zuzu :spacealien:

Well, my favorite composer is not Mozart. My favorites are Back, Schubert, Bizet and somewhat Beethoven + Stravinsky + Schnittke. However, I do not think Mozart was over-rated. One has to study classical music rigorously to see why Mozart is so great and so effective. I think it is not easy to play Mozart so well, especially his chamber music.

Back to Yuzuru: I am sure he will upgrade his layout... and one thing I am glad is that his head will not creep us out like Boyang (I love you Boyang but the way you roll your head....:dbana:)

Oooops, when I said Boyangs 4Lz pic, I didn't mean his head tilt while jumping, I really meant the pic used when listing the best GOE for 4Lz's. I mean...

JK07.jpg

...it looks so... weird :smiley-shocked032:

(despite him being such a cutie!)

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

Oooops, when I said Boyangs 4Lz pic, I didn't mean his head tilt while jumping, I really meant the pic used when listing the best GOE for 4Lz's. I mean...

JK07.jpg

He looks so young and so cute! Pink really favors his complexion too. 

I believe he will upgrade his layout (if he really want that second OGM, he must). He set himself to go beyond his ideal for Olympic season.

But let's guess.. How many percentage yuzu will put 4Lz in his program next season? You know, from the last interview he said he won't put 4Lz in his program but... Who knows? 

5 minutes ago, Joey said:

JK07.jpg

Is that pict... real? :smiley-shocked032: yea, it looks so weird. Like someone did bad at Photoshop 

4 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Is that pict... real? :smiley-shocked032: yea, it looks so weird. Like someone did bad at Photoshop 

Yes exactly. Like someone put his head on a different body :smiley-rolleyes009:

(But it's definitely an older pic)

Honestly what I think.. Yuzuru is smart. He knows what he got to do next season. He probably knows all the media play around him and the JSF doings. This is the guy who changed his FS layout at 4CC and WTT #YOLO :dpooh: He won't go down without a fight.

And when he's on.. he's unbeatable. So we should really just have a constant prayer circle :grouphug: because the drama next season is going to skyrocket and we need all the luck for him :snonegai:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

Honestly what I think.. Yuzuru is smart. He knows what he got to do next season. He probably knows all the media play around him and the JSF doings. This is the guy who changed his FS layout at 4CC and WTT #YOLO :dpooh: He won't go down without a fight.

And when he's on.. he's unbeatable. So we should really just have a constant prayer circle :grouphug: because the drama next season is going to skyrocket and we need all the luck for him :snonegai:

As long as it wasn't YOLO 1A, I'm fine. :space:

Oh I hope I can survive Olympic season. :dbana: