General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

I actually think that the 2015 SC Chopin before the two invalidated jumping passes (new fans might not know about the mythical 6th place +3GOE 3A no-other-jumps short program :biggrin:) is the best version of the first half of the original Chopin 1.0, it's stunning. Then it goes off the rails with his weird 4T entry and the cursed 3Lz+3T combo :laughing: GPF 2015 is for me the absolutely best version of Chopin 2.0, and GPF 2014 the best version of Chopin 1.5 :laughing:

YES! I LOVED this program! Then again I always love Chopin. But I love everything here from the triple axel spread eagle sandwich (my husband) to all the invalidated jumps to the trolls complaining about the TES/PCS differential (seriously) to his reaction in the k&c (my profile pic) to the commentators melodramatically playing up the importance of Skate Canada and his "shocking" performance to everything about this being completely ridiculous. :loveshower: Maybe I wasn't a fan enough to have PTSD from this (as I already knew how the rest of the season was gonna play out) but I don't mind watching this skate over and over again haha.

ETA: 2015 Skate Canada version Seimei was also really good. In some ways better than any others...his expression wow :BeatingHeart:

14 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

This would go well with the Xylitol white "prince" outfit with the dreaded gold ruffles :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(sorry, just catching up with all the posts)

I was looking into the GOE for last season and decided to do a quick count of how many times did any of the six top men get all positive GOE for a performance,and since I did I thought I would share it here.

Yuzuru  2 (4CC, WC)

Shoma  2 (Rostelecom Cup, WC)

Javier    3 (Rostelecom Cup,EC, WC)

Patrick  2 (GPF, WC)

Boyang  3 (CoC, WC)

Nathan  4 (TF, GPF, 4CC, WTT)

This includes the GP's, GPF, EC, 4CC, WC, and WTT. 

Fun fact, Yuzuru got all positive GOE on his SP in 4CC even though he popped his 4S.

Ps,this was a quick count and I may have made a mistake so feel free to correct me if you find it

I thought of a fun thing while YouTube-looping yuzuru's programs and seeing all the viewers in between and after. I know a lot of you guys have been following him for a long time and seen him live and take amazing pics from there. How many of you guys have come on the official videos? Definitely a lot of you have? And can you share?

Feel free to ignore if I am being intrusive. 

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Has this Tracy Wilson interview translation from World Figure Skating issue 78 been posted here? It's the first time I'm seeing it. From Gladi's tumblr translations (thanks!), Tracy talks about Yuzu. 

Thanks for sharing!

I have always loved Tracy for her insightful comments and how well she understands Yuzuru. Like she said, maybe it's because she's a mother of two boys, but it's always a joy to see how encouraging and supportive she is. 

And I didn't know about the death of her dance partner. I knew about his condition but I didn't know he passed away so young. :sad-smiley-046:

5 minutes ago, gladi said:

Ha. you're so fast. ^_^; Just got done this morning... I was waiting for an answer on title format before I post here.

Specs posted it at GS so I brought it here. Otherwise I wouldn't even have known!

Ok another one since I am bored.

Here is the accumulated GOE for all season for the top six men (basically I added the GOE for all their performances all season).

Yuzuru  120.23

Shoma  102.13

Patrick  84.11

Javier  70.48

Nathan  39.63

Boyang  21.07

This includes the GP's, GPF, EC, 4CC, WC, and WTT. Also, both Javi and Boyang have only 5 competitions compared to the others six (Javi was not at WTT and Boyang did not make GPF)

Highest GOE in one competition (SP+FS) was for Yuzu at WC 29.28 followed by Shoma 24.6 at the same competition

Lowest GOE  in one competition (SP+FS) was for was for Boyang at Skate America -12.06 followed by Nathan -5.84 at NHK

56 minutes ago, xeyra said:

And the complete breakdown on record scores, with both SP and FS this time around.

I totally have to share the screens of Max's comments under this twitter post:

mwfzbb.png

I love this because he translates to the letter an italian saying that goes "Mistero della fede", which is a way to say that something doesn't have any rational explanation, and can only be accepted as a religious dogma. (for example, the virgin birth). It's a very sassy way to say that something makes no sense. 
(In Italy, we have plenty of sass against the vatican, lol)

19 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Ok another one since I am bored.

Here is the accumulated GOE for all season for the top six men (basically I added the GOE for all their performances all season).

Yuzuru  120.23

Shoma  102.13

Patrick  84.11

Javier  70.48

Nathan  39.63

Boyang  21.07

This includes the GP's, GPF, EC, 4CC, WC, and WTT. Also, both Javi and Boyang have only 5 competitions compared to the others six (Javi was not at WTT and Boyang did not make GPF)

Highest GOE in one competition (SP+FS) was for Yuzu at WC 29.28 followed by Shoma 24.6 at the same competition

Lowest GOE  in one competition (SP+FS) was for was for Boyang at Skate America -12.06 followed by Nathan -5.84 at NHK

This is actually mostly encouraging (except for one person)