General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Mitya said:

Has Mishin really said that? Surprised...

I could agree with Shoma's PCS (even if still think Yuzurus crazy footwork in SP was underscored and underrated) but his jump scores are just insulting to the others. Wrong edge, wrong toe-pick, PR...I'm telling that even BV of that weird elements should be decreased, they are telling me about positive GOEs...

Javi's jumps are good but...he doesn't have better transitions, footwork and performance than Yuzuru!! 

Nathan's PCS also are just ridiculous. 

But hey Y.Kim has got less than +0.9 GOEs for almost every element in LP in OG2014. I think I should prepare myself to that "mesmerizing" judging next season for avoiding heart attack every time.

No, Mishin did not say much about Shoma. I am just trying to copy Mishin's words when he bashed Mao and said Mao's 3A was just an illusion. But I am not surprised HAD Mishin coached Javi, he could have said that about Shoma. You know, currently, Mishin has no top male coach so there is no reason for him to say so.

I don't think Yuzuru should have 5 quads in his program. He should focus on other elements and on consistency. Many quads doesn't make you automatically win, we saw it with Boyang, with Nathan, Uno even Chan had 3 quads. None of them has broken Yuzuru's 3 quads WR yet, even with inflated scores, for a reason :popcorn:

As long as Yuzuru has a good skate at the olympics, it doesn't really matter if he doesn't win. He is the only current skater, who is a olympic champion, 2 time WC, 4X GPF champ, 4x national champ (so far) and who has broken 11 WR. All these things speaks for itself. Whoever is going to win the olympics,  won't achieve as much as Yuzuru did.  Olympic champs come and go. Many of them r**** and are forgotten, but not Yuzuru :2lbkos0:

4 hours ago, Katt said:

Not to mention, Yuzu does compete alot after winning OGM. For 3 seasons, he only WD from 2 competitions, 1 senior B, 1 Nationals. Plushy only cameback in 2009-10 season. And I think Yuna had the same problem, she rarely competed after Vancouver. She is the queen when it comes to deliver at the right times, but if she compete more, her PCS and GOE might be high enough to put her above Adelina

Based on wikipidia Plush competed in 2 competitions before Vancouver and Yuna in 5 (exluding nationals) before Sochi. Yuzuru on the other hand competed in 18 (16 without WTT) competitons so far. And both Yuna and Plushenko didn't compete in GPF during Olympic season and we know Yuzu is aiming for his 5th GPF gold medal next season :fingerscrossed:.

Judges clearly aren't impressed by 4Lo. Youngsters' advantage is that they have 4Lz/4F. But if Yuzu adds 4Lz next season, things may change. 

Actually not only Yuzu. There's Nam and Patrick who may add 4F next season. And if that's a case, will canadian fed leave Shoma and his 3.25F alone?  Add american fed to that because of Nathan's 4F.  Kolyada will probably improve his 4Lz. Vincent Zhou may become senior next season. I am sure there's more. So 4Lz/4F probably won't be so special anymore. But it's still very important for Yuzu to add that 4lz.

9 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

I don't think Yuzuru should have 5 quads in his program. He should focus on other elements and on consistency. Many quads doesn't make you automatically win, we saw it with Boyang, with Nathan, Uno even Chan had 3 quads. None of them has broken Yuzuru's 3 quads WR yet, even with inflated scores, for a reason :popcorn:

As long as Yuzuru has a good skate at the olympics, it doesn't really matter if he doesn't win. He is the only current skater, who is a olympic champion, 2 time WC, 4X GPF champ, 4x national champ (so far) and who has broken 11 WR. All these things speaks for itself. Whoever is going to win the olympics,  won't achieve as much as Yuzuru did.  Olympic champs come and go. Many of them r**** and are forgotten, but not Yuzuru :2lbkos0:

Yuzuru needs a huge upgrade in the layout which I believe it's his plan (knowing him for years, his personality is that... it)

Scores each season are different. Last season they slowed down Yuzuru's scores and make the gap with other skaters shorter. They do not want to break the system yet. But next season, the scores will break free. Judges will give all top concenters like +3 and 9.75 and even 10 like candies. Because... "We will change the system anyway lol lol, why not give out giant scores for everyone!!" <-- That's their logic with the ladies and the men, even the ice dance are hitting the ceiling because judges feel happy to have a new system.

1 hour ago, fluffypooh said:

I just saw this video(at 12:04) , and he already said he had attempted 4A after Sochi, it's just 1/4 rotation short, and it can be recognized as 4A on the protocol, and think by now he definitely has it since he looked so confident like you said:devilYuzuf:

Thank you: i didn't know this video. Do you or someone of the others know if there is - and where I could find - a translation in english?

Thanks in advance :pbow:!

4 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yuzuru needs a huge upgrade in the layout which I believe it's his plan (knowing him for years, his personality is that... it)

Scores each season are different. Last season they slowed down Yuzuru's scores and make the gap with other skaters shorter. They do not want to break the system yet. But next season, the scores will break free. Judges will give all top concenters like +3 and 9.75 and even 10 like candies. Because... "We will change the system anyway lol lol, why not give out giant scores for everyone!!" <-- That's their logic with the ladies and the men, even the ice dance are hitting the ceiling because judges feel happy to have a new system.

But if Judges will give such candies, then I'm sure Yuzuru, too, will receive some, if he delivers. Because out of decency, you cannot give 10's to a clean Shoma or a clean Javi, and not give them to a clean Yuzuru. I firmly believe that they wouldn't do such a mistake. 

I believe GPF will be a very important competition for Yuzuru, next year. First of all, it will be very important for him because he aims for the 5th gold in a row. Usually, Olympic Champions have soley focused on the Olympics, during olympic year. Not Yuzuru. Yuzuru has a series of goals, among which (and most important of which) is the OG. I don't know if he's going to conquer all of his goals.

But I know that if GPF won't go his way, then he will fight to the death to make Olympics go his way. And if GPF does go his way, he will have the confidence needed to make Olympics go his way. It's kind of a win/win situation.

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

But will the "quadstars" land their quads?  Why does everyone expect them to land the jumps consistently? There was so much hype about Boyang, and Chen and Uno, they were already crowned world champions and blah blah, right at the beginning of the last two seasons . Well, not much happened since then :roll:

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

But I know that if GPF won't go his way, then he will fight to the death to make Olympics go his way. And if GPF does go his way, he will have the confidence needed to make Olympics go his way. It's kind of a win/win situation.

My feelings exactly. I know he'll amaze us.

Just now, GoldMedalist said:

But will the "quadstars" land their quads?  Why does everyone expect them to land the jumps consistently? There was so much hype about Boyang, and Chen and Uno, they were already crowned world champions and blah blah, right at the beginning of the last two seasons . Well, not much happened since then :roll:

Well this is not about other skaters, but about Yuzuru. I am just saying, as a fan of Yuzuru for long, knowing his personality to a somewhat extent, I am just sure he will upgrade his layout. 

56 minutes ago, surimi said:

I'm thinking he already has 4lz, but his team are just waiting to see what the others come up with at the beginning of the season. I guess it's in the reserve for emergency scenarios where the BV of the young chasers is dangerously high. I don't think he'll go for it otherwise, and I'm glad for that. The lesser the risk of injury in this particular season, the better.

And btw, I :thumbsup:  your signature! :PMay it be a good sign for this season...

Nah. 
There is nothing to wait for. The others are already very close overall, even without the additions they will be making for next season, especially Shoma, and the other two young ones are improving constantly too. Everyone will try and upgrade for the Olympic season, including Patrick, if he can dust off that 4F. 

Also landing a jump in practice is miles different from landing it in competition. You YOLO a jump you're comfortable with, like the 4T this season. 

It's already pretty apparent he needs the 4Lz. If it's good enough in practice, he'll be including it in his layout. 

1 minute ago, GoldMedalist said:

But maybe there is no need for it. I would like to see some new spins or something :popcorn:

Knowing Yuzuru, I am 100% sure he will upgrade his layout. 

PS: this is not I know Yuzuru personally. This is my observation of Yuzuru after years following him. And when I strongly believe in something about him, it happens. 

Just now, meoima said:

Knowing Yuzuru, I am 100% sure he will upgrade his layout. 

+1

It's who he is. He wants to be in absolute control of his own destiny and he's always pushed forward. He won't stop now, especially considering the push for others. 

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

+1

It's who he is. He wants to be in absolute control of his own destiny and he's always pushed forward. He won't stop now, especially considering the push for others. 

Yeah. The worst thing he can do is be complacent with a lower BV layout and trust that others will be making mistakes and that he won't. We saw how that worked for Javi this season. Patrick saw his Sochi OGM go down the drain because he was complacent against the kid with a higher BV but lower components. Yuzu isn't going to be making the same mistake, least of all because Shoma doesn't have the PCS difference to him that he had to Patrick in 2014 He can't and won't go into Olympic season hoping others will fail without closing the gap on them. He can't have the highest BV anymore, but he can make sure the difference isn't so insurmountably high. 

Just now, xeyra said:

Yeah. The worst thing he can do is be complacent with a lower BV layout and trust that others will be making mistakes and that he won't. We saw how that worked for Javi this season. Patrick saw his Sochi OGM go down the drain because he was complacent against the kid with a higher BV but lower components. Yuzu isn't going to be making the same mistake, least of all because Shoma doesn't have the PCS difference to him that he had to Patrick in 2014 He can't and won't go into Olympic season hoping others will fail without closing the gap on them. He can't have the highest BV anymore, but he sure can make it that the difference isn't so insurmountably high. 

Well to be fair for Patrick, he could have won had he skated not bad after Yuzuru at Sochi.