General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Floria said:

Exactly. Jumps apart, maybe LGC was already skated to its full potential as a program itself and there is nothing more to say with it. Actually I am OK with GPF version. Chopin is more complex and deep and probably this is why I keep rewatching it endlessly.

I agree. LGC is more technically complex but as a program, it is straighforward - he's playing a high energy rockstar with aplomb. Chopin was definitely more artistically complex and needed to be skated as clean as it was for it to reach its full potential (same as H&L). With his perfect technique and Jeff's choreography, his skating joined with Chopin's piano to become a beautiful artistic expression of falling raindrops through music and movement.

Just a heads up, we have a second Image Credit field for avas now. You can insert any text in it- in case it is your own work or if you simply dont know the source and want to be PMed in case another user knows it :)

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Chopin is damn perfection. The most perfect figure skating program ever. It leaves me speechless every time.

Chopin was ethereal... I can't even explain it but it really invokes a high reverence and almost a sort of fear/disbelief. The step sequence is unreal. I think my favorite version is 2016 Worlds; it's bordering on insanity, honestly. I don't know how many times I've watched Chopin and it still takes my breath away :') It also doesn't hurt that Ballade no. 1 has always been one of my favorite piano pieces :sadPooh: 

On 5/18/2017 at 12:38, anyanee said:

Guys, I have a silly question to ask but I really want to know from pre-Sochi era fanyu......How do you guys survive olympic season....

Sorry for off topic....

I took a hiatus from the skating world after 2010 until 2013 when I noticed Yuzu and thought he was awesome. I wasn't fully invested and ubering him at the level I am now (because it takes time to build up these types of feelings) but I liked him instantly, kind of like how I liked Plushenko and Sasha Cohen instantly. Love at first sight.  And I hadn't really gotten into fandom yet either though I did join golden skate before the olympics. I should check out my old posts then for lulz. But in general I mostly kept to myself and some friends (though they weren't really fans of him, just skating fans in general). So I actually was cool as a cucumber especially because when I was watching him he was winning. I thought I'd be in for another Plushenko where I could sit back and relax and let the wins stack up.  He made me feel that way all the way up until the Sochi men's free because he was doing so well in the team SP and singles SP.  I didn't see the events live because I was at work, but I saw had two falls when the results came up and was bummed because I thought Chan would have it :smiley-scared003:. But then when Chan was done the page refreshed and Yuzu was still #1 and I was like :Bananeyessss:.  But now it's a completely different ballgame and I am a mess of nerves about the whole situation (because it is a roller coaster being his fan), thinking about all types of scenarios that could go down. And maybe I am completely insane for being willing to shell out thousands of dollars to see this all live. So I'm trying to figure out the correct mental space for myself but I saw something on Facebook that I absolutely have to buy:

15 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I was at the complete opposite zone of the rink, so I didn't see the 4S2T combination very well... I saw that he took too much time between jumps, but I didn't see the knee going down very clearly, so I didn't know what the hell happened... 

I was directly where he does that combo for the SP and LP and I saw him do an awesome one in warm-up for the SP.  And the LP too. Here's my footage of this beauty in the practice (at 4:46):

When he did it in the SP I was mainly focusing on him doing the revolutions and he got the revolutions, but then when I saw the leg go down I was freaking out that he wasn't going to get the combo and then he did so I was somewhat relieved but knew he left a LOT of points on the table.  

Going back a bit to anyanee's comment though, just elaborating on it more I will say that even in my nervousness, on some level watching live is more bearable because you are analyzing things. It's like a weird mixed bag. Even the warmup for the LP when it wasn't going well I wasn't bummed in the moment (though it could have been the wine). I was just preparing for a possible disaster while being in a blank space. But then the first loop by me was beautiful and then everything else was too, including the 4 Sal combo where I completely lost my sh*t. I guess I would say that the anticipation building up to things is unbearable (because I needed wine to calm down), but in the actual moment it's all just happening so it's hard to react.  I think Boston was the same, but I wasn't as nervous. I was just really sad later (and then hit up the bar).  

Hace 1 hora, Anony said:

All this talk about Ballad no. 1 is making me want to see Yuzuru skate to another Chopin piece :smiley-music025:

Me too!!!! I was wondering what music Yuzu should choose for next season? And Chopin always come to my mind, it's perfect for his beautiful and ethereal but at the same time technical and strong skating, maybe one of the Nocturnes? One of Beethoven's sonatas also will be a good option, apassionata maybe?https://youtu.be/KjGBDV3KE8I

Hace 10 horas, Murieleirum said:

I'm crying inside. These words are too beautiful. Somehow I knew he was a high-grades student. He's too perfectionist not to be. But the beautiful thing he's that he's not perfectionist out of ego or out of insecurity, but because he has a complete, deep vision of things that mesmerizes me each time. 

Yeah the most amazing is how kind and humble he can be, being so talented, smart and good-looking. Yesterday i found a picture of him helping with the maintenance of the ice rink at Helsinki...:snpeace:

2 hours ago, Yuazz said:

I always did  'Chopin video marathon'. I watched every chopin from nhk 2015 - World 2016 (minus SC, I  just can't watch it in replay). I want to see every detail he put in every Chopin he does. I think the emotion from nhk and world almost the same (the face he made after the ending pose, demon yuzu and emotional yuzu). Gpf is more calming one. The perfection. :BeatingHeart:

I actually think that the 2015 SC Chopin before the two invalidated jumping passes (new fans might not know about the mythical 6th place +3GOE 3A no-other-jumps short program :biggrin:) is the best version of the first half of the original Chopin 1.0, it's stunning. Then it goes off the rails with his weird 4T entry and the cursed 3Lz+3T combo :laughing: GPF 2015 is for me the absolutely best version of Chopin 2.0, and GPF 2014 the best version of Chopin 1.5 :laughing:

3 minutes ago, unicorn said:

I actually think that the 2015 SC Chopin before the two invalidated jumping passes (new fans might not know about the mythical 6th place +3GOE 3A no-other-jumps short program :biggrin:) is the best version of the first half of the original Chopin 1.0, it's stunning. Then it goes off the rails with his weird 4T entry and the cursed 3Lz+3T combo :laughing: GPF 2015 is for me the absolutely best version of Chopin 2.0, and GPF 2014 the best version of Chopin 1.5 :laughing:

+3 GOE 3A no-other-jumps :laughing: just yuzuru things i guess but I agree!! The choreography after the 3A is beautiful :sadPooh:

17 minutes ago, unicorn said:

That spread eagle -3A -spread eagle :sadPooh: