General Yuzuru Chat

50 minutes ago, Floria said:

:iagree: Yes, interpretation mark is subjective, but Malagueña > Chopin???? :mad:

The people who judged Chopin at GPF 2015 were not the same people who judged Malaguena at Worlds 2017. You can't compare.

And anyway, Yuzu's protocol for Chopin at GPF 2015 is absolutely incredible. Because you've got the huge PCs with plenty of "10"s, but you also have the skyrocketting GOEs.

5 minutes ago, Altie said:

The people who judged Chopin at GPF 2015 were not the same people who judged Malaguena at Worlds 2017. You can't compare.

And anyway, Yuzu's protocol for Chopin at GPF 2015 is absolutely incredible. Because you've got the huge PCs with plenty of "10"s, but you also have the skyrocketting GOEs.

Yuzu's protocol for Chopin GPF 2015 was such a thing of beauty omg

3's everywhere [for GOE ]

10's everywhere [for PCs]

reflecting his skate that was basically absolute perfection :goe:

hace 7 minutos , Altie said:

I agree,  this is why I said its subjective. And WC2017 was different in many ways. Javi skated last and did an almost perfect SP. But I am still upset that he got more for IN then Yuzu.

18 minutes ago, Floria said:

He didn't have much luck with this SP in the first part of the season either if you remember SC... He definitely needs a new SP for next season :smiley-angelic001:

Yeah but that was early season, the 4Lo was new and it was expected. In NHK and GPF he only messed up 4Lo, a new element. The second half of the season was the problematic one, I think, because the combo issues returned there again even as (and especially frustrating because) the 4Lo stabilized.

hace 3 minutos , xeyra said:

Yeah but that was early season, the 4Lo was new and it was expected. In NHK and GPF he only messed up 4Lo, a new element. The second half of the season was the problematic one, I think, because the combo issues returned there again even as (and especially frustrating because) the 4Lo stabilized.

Maybe my impression of LGC not being lucky is because he never skated it clean. 

I wonder if the frustration with LGC is of the same kind as it was with Chopin. It was getting worse since 4CC. And I have a strange feeling that if he keeps LGC it will do no good. He overcame his problems with Chopin switching to a more difficult layout, but with LGC I don't know if it can work

18 minutes ago, Floria said:

Maybe my impression of LGC not being lucky is because he never skated it clean. 

I wonder if the frustration with LGC is of the same kind as it was with Chopin. It was getting worse since 4CC. And I have a strange feeling that if he keeps LGC it will do no good. He overcame his problems with Chopin switching to a more difficult layout, but with LGC I don't know if it can work

I totally agree with you! 

I think for LGC it's probably better to just leave it to rest. LGC is a really complex and high-energy program, even without the insane layout... Yes, Chopin was also complex but I feel like Chopin showcases more of his strengths - his quiet sensitivity mixed with his immense strength and technical skill (maybe I'm just biased :biggrin: bc I kind of loved his chopin sp) And with Chopin, he probably repeated it because there was this "untapped potential" lingering with that program, which I don't really feel the same about with LGC? :smiley-scared007:

hace 1 minuto , randomanon said:

I think for LGC it's probably better to just start with a clean slate and leave it to rest. LGC is a really complex and high-energy program, even without the insane layout... Yes, Chopin was also complex but I feel like Chopin showcases more of his strengths - his quiet sensitivity mixed with his immense strength and technical skill (maybe I'm just biased :biggrin: bc I kind of loved his chopin sp) And with Chopin, he probably repeated it because there was this "untapped potential" lingering with that program, which I don't really feel the same about with LGC? :slink:

Exactly. Jumps apart, maybe LGC was already skated to its full potential as a program itself and there is nothing more to say with it. Actually I am OK with GPF version. Chopin is more complex and deep and probably this is why I keep rewatching it endlessly.

6 minutes ago, Floria said:

Exactly. Jumps apart, maybe LGC was already skated to its full potential as a program itself and there is nothing more to say with it. Actually I am OK with GPF version. Chopin is more complex and deep and probably this is why I keep rewatching it endlessly.

Mmh, Yuzu has already performed LGC so well. I think what he wanted to work on this season with this program was audience connection and getting that energy and he's definitely achieved that. The GPF version is pretty good :) My fave part about is probably his cheeky smile after he manages to save the 4Loop LOL 

Chopin :BeatingHeart: I think it's his best SP so far but since Yuzu is a skater who breaks people's preconceived notions I'm hoping he comes up with something next season that's just as uniquely majestic :) 

also sometimes i have a video of his skating chopin + seimei on loop when studying because somehow its really motivating lolll 

23 minutes ago, randomanon said:

I think for LGC it's probably better to just leave it to rest. LGC is a really complex and high-energy program, even without the insane layout... Yes, Chopin was also complex but I feel like Chopin showcases more of his strengths - his quiet sensitivity mixed with his immense strength and technical skill (maybe I'm just biased :biggrin: bc I kind of loved his chopin sp) And with Chopin, he probably repeated it because there was this "untapped potential" lingering with that program, which I don't really feel the same about with LGC? :smiley-scared007:

I agree with this! he performed LGC to its full potential already (GPF and Worlds I would say and the StSq at WTT Gala was just amazing) and there is nothing more left to show with it. as much I love it as a program I really don't want to see it in competition again.

and I have to say I have a little bit of LGC ptsd thanks to the second half of the season

hace 12 minutos , randomanon said:

Mmh, Yuzu has already performed LGC so well. I think what he wanted to work on this season with this program was audience connection and getting that energy and he's definitely achieved that. The GPF version is pretty good :) My fave part about is probably his cheeky smile after he manages to save the 4Loop LOL 

Chopin :BeatingHeart: I think it's his best SP so far but since Yuzu is a skater who breaks people's preconceived notions I'm hoping he comes up with something next season that's just as uniquely majestic :) 

also sometimes i have a video of his skating chopin + seimei on loop when studying because somehow its really motivating lolll 

That smile after the 4loop was to die for :BeatingHeart:. And he definitely connected with the audience. I still remember the whole crowd going crazy after that SP. I was on my feet screaming with everybody else before I could even think about it :laughing:.

At Helsinki, I don't even know whether he conquered the audience more with LGC or Hope and Legacy. With LGC, it was a continuous clapping and cheering and screaming and jumping on your seat - the air was electrified, it's like all of the tension of all those hours of waiting was released in those 3 minutes. But with Hope and Legacy... you couldn't hear the music during the last 20 seconds, because of all the desperate and emotional clapping/crying. Just wow. 

hace 5 minutos , Murieleirum said:

At Helsinki, I don't even know whether he conquered the audience more with LGC or Hope and Legacy. With LGC, it was a continuous clapping and cheering and screaming and jumping on your seat - the air was electrified, it's like all of the tension of all those hours of waiting was released in those 3 minutes. But with Hope and Legacy... you couldn't hear the music during the last 20 seconds, because of all the desperate and emotional clapping/crying. Just wow. 

With H&L it is another type of connection, a more spellbinding one. I was watching it on TV but still I felt as if I was breathing in unison with him. Definitely magic.

8 minutes ago, liha said:

after he landed the 4S3T my memory is quite fuzzy i have to admit... the arena exploded and i couldn't stop crying:sadPooh: but it was pure bliss

I was at the complete opposite zone of the rink, so I didn't see the 4S2T combination very well... I saw that he took too much time between jumps, but I didn't see the knee going down very clearly, so I didn't know what the hell happened... 

16 hours ago, koneko said:

YAY! A fellow Vaganova dancer!:cheers: I also learned Balanchine because some choreographers I worked with prefer it, and basically its core principle is: move ya a**, gobble up dat space and do it quickly. Nathan, being American, is most likely trained in the Balanchine method (but as we so agonizingly bemoan: where is that deep, beautiful plie? :cry: :tantrum: Balanchine dancers are supposedly known for this, aside from the big and 'wilder' port de bras. Maybe because he keeps his weight over the balls of his feet, a la Balanchine? Hard to see over the boots). Me too, I'd love to hear more of your thoughts! :yes2: (like you, I am feeling guilty of "littering" the gen thread. I want to expound more, but I tend to ramble, LOL :smiley-dance018:)

P.S. Congrats on your wedding to Yuzu's exquisite, ravishing, pulchritudinous, swoon-worthy (I could describe them all day :loveeyes:)  Vaganova fingers! You two make such a beautiful couple! :crybaby:->tears of joy

That is so interesting! I have more questions but I will put them in the Team USA thread so we can discuss Nathan's wonky landings and subpar plie in more detail.

Thanks for the well wishes!!! :loveshower: