General Yuzuru Chat

Maybe we can do a crack thread on the top 6 guys where we can map out different scenarios. Prolly get someone with a psychology background to comment (Disclosure: I had to take psychology as a minor subject in Uni and hated it so after exams, I've erased all the information from my memory. haha).

For example: Who's most likely to get bitten first in the event of a zombie apocalypse - my take: Patrick > Javi > Shoma > Nathan > Yuzu > Boyang.

:brain-slug-smiley:My sister and I had our own judging system in Helsinki for the free skate. One of the categories was how likely the skaters would be to survive a zombie apocalypse on a scale of one (breakfast) to five (postapocalyptic warrior). Basically it was a combination of stamina, heart and mental toughness on the day.

Scores from first to never eaten were:

Javi = 2 (lunch)

Nathan = 3 (afternoon snack)

Patrick = 4 (dessert)

Boyang & Shoma = 5 (survivors)

Yuzu = 6 (off the charts, god):yoda:

14 minutes ago, beki said:

:brain-slug-smiley:My sister and I had our own judging system in Helsinki for the free skate. One of the categories was how likely the skaters would be to survive a zombie apocalypse on a scale of one (breakfast) to five (postapocalyptic warrior). Basically it was a combination of stamina, heart and mental toughness on the day.

Scores from first to never eaten were:

Javi = 2 (lunch)

Nathan = 3 (afternoon snack)

Patrick = 4 (dessert)

Boyang & Shoma = 5 (survivors)

Yuzu = 6 (off the charts, god):yoda:

Zombie apocalypse on ice sound like a good show. haha :rofl:

28 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

If we're all the zombie, yuzu would be the first one to die.. :xD:

This could lead to an interesting discussion on zombification. Would we all even remember Yuzuru, when we're all zombies? Probably would depend on what kind of zombies. The dead kind of zombie? The parasite in your system making you more aggressive zombie? Would our memories even be intact? Would we still recognize Yuzu enough to want to bite him first? Or maybe we'd protect it, like a kitten!!!???? Would we still be inherently human as a zombie?

Sorry, I didn't get a lot of sleep. 

MAGAZINES:

Took a look at Amazon Japan's Sports Magazines' Best-Selling Ranking as well as New-Arrival Ranking about an hour ago, as was expected,  the 3 NEW Yuzu's magazines as mentioned below were on Top Three of both rankings:rofl:

:BeatingHeart: Ice Jewels Vol. 6

:BeatingHeart: FS Fan Tsuushin Special :"Road to Glory"

:BeatingHeart: Kiss & Cry 2016-2017 & 2017-2018 Seasons

So you see why all kinds of publishers never fail to have him "decorated" on their products' covers  :snpeace: 

T-SHIRT:

1: https://t.co/HClJzjAtEO

2: https://t.co/pn8x5bhyjy

1:  Last weekend Yuzu's T-shirt with his autograph (8.12.2013) was put up at a public auction as an eye-catcher for a charity marathon in Japan.

2:  The person who won the auction at the price of ¥93,000 decided to keep this T-shirt as her precious treasure by putting it in the as shown UV Ray-protected acrylic photo frame in order to avoid the problem of discoloration !

MOBILE PHONE CASES:

https://t.co/HlWljJ6Cd0 

https://t.co/YxYnGo5lQl

Watch out!  What are on sale now. Anyone who's interested in, may access directly to Amazon Japan.

(Mobile Phone Cases for iPhone,etc with designs of Yuzu's silhouette "Prince On Ice" and Pooh Color!)

3 minutes ago, Floria said:

Sorry to interrupt zombie talk...

Someone, send this to Yuzu, please! 

Yes, same thing I thought! Please let him read that and build his confidence back for Short Programs. Plus, if I remember correctly, he never performed Chopin completely clean the first year he had it. Next year, he changed the layout, and bam, clean skate. Of course he's not gonna keep LGC. But sometimes change is a positive thing. A breath of fresh air. Some programs are psychologically more complex, see LGC. But tbh, his interpretation of it at Worlds was far better than any Malaguena, any time. Are you kidding me. It's like, you're at the oscars, you have to choose between actor A playing an autobiographic movie and actor B playing a biographic movie of someone from another culture and another time.

Wow, tough decision, I cannot imagine what the hardest role might be.

Clap clap Javi, nice Interpretation of the spanish stereotype. 

Sorry, I do not like Malaguena much.

hace 1 minuto , Murieleirum said:

Yes, same thing I thought! Please let him read that and build his confidence back for Short Programs. Plus, if I remember correctly, he never performed Chopin completely clean the first year he had it. Next year, he changed the layout, and bam, clean skate. Of course he's not gonna keep LGC. But sometimes change is a positive thing. A breath of fresh air. Some programs are psychologically more complex, see LGC. But tbh, his interpretation of it at Worlds was far better than any Malaguena, any time. Are you kidding me. It's like, you're at the oscars, you have to choose between actor A playing an autobiographic movie and actor B playing a biographic movie of someone from another culture and another time.

Wow, tough decision, I cannot imagine what the hardest role might be.

Clap clap Javi, nice Interpretation of the spanish stereotype. 

Sorry, I do not like Malaguena much.

:iagree: Yes, interpretation mark is subjective, but Malagueña > Chopin???? :mad:

Also, it's interesting to notice, if you look at all of the 4 categories, how Yuzuru's predominance is actually stronger than any other skater, right now, together with Volosozhar/Trankov (who actually beat him by having all of the records lol. Damn malaguena). Medvedeva doesn't hold as many top scores as him, PCS wise. But how? She skated clean all year long! Well, of course, there's the age factor. Medvedeva simply had less time to assert herself in the sport. But can you imagine what would happen, scores wise, if Yuzuru skated clean all year long? 

The fact that when Yuzuru skates clean, we know that a World Record is assured, is absolutely out of the ordinary. Of course, Evgenia is the boss and I wish her all the best, her mentality seems to be built perfectly for victory, same as Yuzuru. But I also think Yuzuru is more revolutionary than any other skater right now (and any other skater in the past, if I may). But really the point of my comment was the perception. With ladies' skating, the public perception is very clear: Medvedeva wins over all, as of now. With pairs or ice dance, I wouldn't really know. 
But with men, there isn't the same perception. It's like everyone puts on top whoever they prefer, and Yuzuru's predominance is discarded as a thing of the past. This frustrates me, because the scores actually say that his predominance in the sport is one of the strongest in the history of skating. 

57 minutes ago, Floria said:

Sorry to interrupt zombie talk...

Someone, send this to Yuzu, please! 

He obviously understands he isn't bad at SP (his history shows it). Just this particular SP reared its ugly head on him in the second half of the season, so it left him with bad feelings. Here's hoping for some renewed confidence for 2017/2018 season! 

Interesting facts: In the FS, Javi does hold two perfect 10s (in CO and IN); the rest of the records go to Yuzu. I don't think he's gotten a full 10 in his FS components, not even in the 2015 GPF, though he's gotten plenty of individual 10s.

hace 1 minuto , xeyra said:

He obviously understands he isn't bad at SP (his history shows it). Just this particular SP reared its ugly head on him in the second half of the season, so it left him with bad feelings. Here's hoping for some renewed confidence for 2017/2018 season! 

Interesting facts: In the FS, Javi does hold two perfect 10s (in CO and IN); the rest of the records go to Yuzu. I don't think he's gotten a full 10 in his FS components, not even in the 2015 GPF, though he's gotten plenty of individual 10s.

He didn't have much luck with this SP in the first part of the season either if you remember SC... He definitely needs a new SP for next season :smiley-angelic001:

I guess that Javi got these 10s in B****n,  judges were willing to gave him all in the end.

I believe Yuzu could have gotten those 10s had he skated clean then.