General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I hope we never find out anything about his partner tbh, i remember when Miyano Mamoru got married, his wife got death threats and when they announced they were expecting, people on the internet were wishing that she would miscarry. And this was just a voice actor, imagine someone as high profile as Yuzu...

I agree.  I'm hoping, unlike the dogged British tabloids, the Japanese ones respect his privacy. So far he's kept it secret and hopefully they continue to be thwarted... unless he himself reveals more, which I doubt. He's never courted publicity other than with his skating persona. 

Hmm... that TV show sounds interesting now....

Remember Jason said he'd see him in September, or something like that. Still wonder what that's about...

6 minutes ago, liv said:

I agree.  I'm hoping, unlike the dogged British tabloids, the Japanese ones respect his privacy. So far he's kept it secret and hopefully they continue to be thwarted... unless he himself reveals more, which I doubt. He's never courted publicity other than with his skating persona. 

According to a hint in the trailer, we may get to hear something in this upcoming TV show on NHK with Ogen-san.

But my guess is that Yuzu may only talk about the marriage in general and what it feels like being married. If they kept it all secret until now, they very probably wish to keep it private in the future, too.

Wow, what a day today:loveshower:

I cannot tell you how happy I am. The thought of Yuzu having someone by his side and enjoying life makes me so utterly happy!! When I saw the news I had to laugh a lot tho, because this is so essentially him, in the best ninja fashion, keeping everything so private and away from the public eye and then throwing at us such notification, when we all were still so busy with the red AERA cover...:rofl3:

I wish him all the happiness in this world, a marriage that gives him a companion for his path and all new adventures to come. He deserves all the love in this world and I hope he will bask in the delighted reactions of his fans and half of the world congratulating him!! :SunFace:

25 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Wow, what a day today:loveshower:

I cannot tell you how happy I am. The thought of Yuzu having someone by his side and enjoying life makes me so utterly happy!! When I saw the news I had to laugh a lot tho, because this is so essentially him, in the best ninja fashion, keeping everything so private and away from the public eye and then throwing at us such notification, when we all were still so busy with the red AERA cover...:rofl3:

I wish him all the happiness in this world, a marriage that gives him a companion for his path and all new adventures to come. He deserves all the love in this world and I hope he will bask in the delighted reactions of his fans and half of the world congratulating him!! :SunFace:

I wouldn't be surprised that AERA's red outfit is his wedding attire🤪 

1 時間前, SuzyQさんが言いました:

He wrote, この度、私、羽生結弦は入籍する運びとなりました。

Literally it means "This time, I, Yuzuru Hanyu has decided to (or, is going to) file the (marriage) registration."

If he has already registered, I think he wrote 入籍いたしました, in the past tense.

So, to me, it seems he is going to register his marriage soon.

After I wrote the above, I rethought that, as we Japanese are somehow superstitious for a good luck, we choose lucky days according to a special calendar (almanac) for filing the marriage registration, wedding ceremony, and so on, and I heard that today August 4th is a really lucky day from several reasons.  And as you know, Yuzuru is especially superstitious, and he would not miss such an occasion. And if he wrote the message yesterday or so, exactly today may be the day he did the registration, then he got married by now.

What do you think about my guessing? :animated-smileys-hello-22:

My god, it's still hard to believe... I am happy he managed to keep that a secret, it must have been so difficult! I like it that he is so reserved on social media, he needs his private life, and I admire him for keeping it safe.

My highest tribute to his partner for being willing to share him with thousands and thousands of fans!!  :thankssign:

May our wishes for your eternal happiness come true, Hanyu Yuzuru! 🙏

1 hour ago, TokyoDream said:

Look at that face! He was never going to lack proposals ❤️🤣

Yuzu, please be always happy from now onwards.You have suffered enough from 2019-2022.We went through that with you. The misery is now in the past.

Now that you have found you lifetime partner, we hope the 'Happy' you will show us the best 'Hanyu' skating ...we are always looking forward to that 🙏🎆

Lol I have been on socials diet these past days and finally checking Twitter this evening while travelling, and the first tweet I saw was someone retweeting an old tweet from Marika translating what Zu said about marriage and I was ??? uh ok kinda random tho and then I saw ANA announcement and...😲😲😳😆😆 ngl took me a few moments to realize it was true because it felt so out of the blue, had it been a fan account I would have thought about trolling and fandom jokes...yet  it was ANA! but was still so out of the blue, because Yuzu managed once more to troll us, like, he ninja-ed his way into a whole marriage and I love him even more for that😆😂 my mind is still reeling a bit cuz when tv programs talked about "Yuzuru Hanyu revealing secrets" we eyerolled and joked about surprise marriage announcement and...we indeed had surprise marriage announcement!😆 And also gotta bow down to him, his partner and their families because they really said private life is PRIVATE. Talk about keeping a low profile! honestly, so much respect, it must be difficult, with his being The Yuzuru Hanyu, and it makes me hopeful that both media&fans will respect those very clear boundaries.

The announcement truly is so Yuzu. I'm a bit giddy from happiness! Congrats Yuzu&partner:smiley-happy093::665e343793b9:

Yes I'm super curious about who's the mystery partner but it's fine if we'll never know too, it's their choice what to share.

I wonder if marriage happened this past month, while we were shrinking into dried cacti LOL HappyZu is more than worth some radio silence 😁

ETA: LOL thinking about it, he's only a couple years late on his 20yo self Life Plans 😜 but it's realy marvelous to know he has now one more trusted&loved person in his corner, to support him and give his strength and love. And I'm sure he'll give back just as much🥰

As a fan of his for 10 years I am equal parts shocked AND thrilled for him! He has given SO much to this sport and now he can make room for another chapter in his life. After looking at that BTS dance cover of Dynamite, I guess life really is Dynamite for him right now. I'm just so happy to know that he is in a GOOD place...a VERY good place! Wishing him and the new Mrs. Hanyu nothing but the best! Makes my heart so very full. 

And side note: I'm also happy for his mom. I think back to that time at Autumn Classic when I gave her my extra seat because our section was totally full.  She spent a huge part of her life being so dedicated to him and his career as well. A total MVP!! And now she can send him on his way (though I'm sure they are still really close). 

21 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

After I wrote the above, I rethought that, as we Japanese are somehow superstitious for a good luck, and we choose lucky days according to a special calendar (almanac) for filing the marriage registration, wedding ceremony, and so on, and I heard that today August 4th is a really lucky day from several reasons.  And as you know, Yuzuru is especially superstitious, and he would not miss such an occasion. And if he wrote the message yesterday or so, exactly today may be the day he did the registration, then he got married by now.

How do you think about my guessing? :animated-smileys-hello-22:

Yes, I also think it means he’s legally married by now, I don’t think he’d “risk” all eyes on him for the next days if still going to register it? 🤔 However we won’t know for sure with that wording right?! 😅