General Yuzuru Chat

So, I woke up to a new day here in North America... and my brain is still saying, really? It's really true? Haha. I still laugh at the composition of the announcement (hi, married, skating, skating, skating), like maybe hoping no one would notice the word, but totally wanting to tell the world first..... and boom, it's done. Zero to Hero in 1 message:hugs:  ( by zero I meant zero relationship news )

i hope they are feeling the happiness of the fans and enjoying all the celebratory messages now that the cat is out of the bag.  It is heartfelt. 

7 hours ago, Melodie said:

PS: It seems tabloids caught him buying 2 new high-end apartments in Sendai way back in June but their guess back then was that those were for his sister and parents. Well....

Or he could just be investing in real estate

31 minutes ago, nagini said:

If his partner is not a public figure, who's not used to all the media, paparazzi etc. i understand completely. I hope one day we will see some photos of them, the ones Yuzu will share, not paparazzi. seen a video about the long lasting marriages in Hollywood, even if both partners are actors, they kept their private life private, and this helps them to keep going. 

Keeping private life private is probably the only way celebrity marriages can last. But also, I have noticed, even among my own friends, that couples who don't keep some aspects of their life just for the two of them, tend not to last. 

Congratulations Yuzuru!

I was at my cousin’s wedding when Yuzu announced it, and I briefly wondered if the general wedding atmosphere around me was affecting my brain and making me misunderstand what I was reading, but then I realised it really was a marriage announcement!

I am so incredibly happy for him, unexpected but very happy news. 

I've been imagining the response Yuzu will get the next time he appears in person in front of a crowd. The outpouring of pure love will be overwhelming, beyond anything even he is accustomed to. I hope he can take it all in and realize how much we love him just for who he is and not what he gives us.

:cri:

PS -- the official announcement got over 59 million views in the first 24 hours. Wow.

1 hour ago, Systellina said:

Congratulations Yuzuru!

I was at my cousin’s wedding when Yuzu announced it, and I briefly wondered if the general wedding atmosphere around me was affecting my brain and making me misunderstand what I was reading, but then I realised it really was a marriage announcement!

I am so incredibly happy for him, unexpected but very happy news. 

Very happy indeed! 

I think it's not such a coincidence that so many weddings are happening this year, as many couples waited for the pandemic to end before having their celebrations. :peace2:

I hope he manages to celebrate this event with his family and friends the way he wishes to. Being so popular, it will not be easy, but his ninja skills got him very far already :graucho:

Wow!

I haven't been stanning Yuzu since he retired. Just snippets every few months or so, I would retweet some tweets. But oh my God!

Him marrying is going to make me stan him even more from now.

He seemed like such a family person and his marriage just confirmed it!

He's going to be a great role model for families in Japan

And now he has someone other than his mum who can cook and clean and support him through his skating journey.

I hope he does come back for a season to compete, with a new passion from romance and family in his personal life!

Alot of athletes unretire after marriage for various reasons 😃

But even if he doesn't, I'm still gonna support him

16 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

That and he's talked about future marriage, having a wife, etc.

He wasn't too far off by way of timing (blaming covid).  However if it's not a wife that's completely fine too. Supporting regardless!! :heart:

I agree with your post! I see some face palm comments about him being gay on tiktok and Twitter even after his marriage announcement... facepalm 😓🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

He's been talking about his ideal girl for a long time. Even when he was a Junior he said he liked kawaii (cute looking) girls instead of bijin (pretty) girls.

(The interview was at his ice rink when he was a Junior after he won Jr Worlds and they also asked the same quiz to Murakami Kanako). He said in this same interview he finds Horikita Maki (Japanese actress) attractive and his ideal type.

But there was a big section of fans who chose to ignore all his interviews for a long time. Even with Oda, he said he wanted to marry a wife around 25/26 and when Oda said he will be a good papa, Yuzu said "yes!". (Faoi backstage interview)

So I think the honest part of the fandom knew for a long time he would be marrying a girl 😉