General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

There should be more tickets available when the general public sale starts on June 19. Just be very quick!

Last year, it took about 1 day for the all events to be sold out? And it took less than 3 days for some of the individual days tickets to be gone. XD

20 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I'm so happy  for everyone of you guys! I have no chance to attend any competition this year :cry:...but I'll try my best next year! 

Question: somewhere I read that PH has a banner. Is there any photo of it? Is the banner displayed during competitions...or do we keep a low profile?? I'm just curious :biggrin:

Not very low:

That was actually right behind Brian for a big part of CoR lol

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Last year, it took about 1 day for the all events to be sold out? And it took less than 3 days for some of the individual days tickets to be gone. XD

Actually I think the all-event tickets sold out in about 30 min and all single tickets sold out by the end of the day, with Saturday being the most popular date sold out.

20 minutes ago, kiches said:

Actually I think the all-event tickets sold out in about 30 min and all single tickets sold out by the end of the day, with Saturday being the most popular date sold out.

I remember Friday tickets selling out first since I only managed to grab Saturday tickets :13877886:

10 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Lol Jack is seriously digging the depths of the Yuzu archives :smiley-laughing021: talk about being a fanboy!

I wouldn't really consider Jack a fanboy. He's just a fan of the clicks.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Not very low:

:knc_brian1: 

@Yuzu_legend We tried to hang up our banner at all competitions Yuzu attended where hanging up banners is allowed and, well, last season those amounted to just two. Here’s a photo from ACI posted by our godfather: 

It also traveled to Japan for NHK but you know... and it was at the Olympics, as well. 

59 minutes ago, robin said:

@Yuzu_legend We tried to hang up our banner at all competitions Yuzu attended where hanging up banners is allowed and, well, last season those amounted to just two. Here’s a photo from ACI posted by our godfather: 

It also traveled to Japan for NHK but you know... and it was at the Olympics, as well. 

Max promoted the planet? Awesome!!

Hace 3 horas, KatjaThera said:

Not very low:

:thanks:

Hace 1 hora, robin said:

Very cool! I have now watched both videos (never paid attention before to the banners, I mean, who would if Yuzu is skating :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:) and I was able to see the banner. Now that Yuzu won his second OGM, is there any plan to make a new one showing it for the next season...maybe? :peekapooh:

31 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:thanks:

Very cool! I have now watched both videos (never paid attention before to the banners, I mean, who would if Yuzu is skating :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:) and I was able to see the banner. Now that Yuzu won his second OGM, is there any plan to make a new one showing it for the next season...maybe? :peekapooh:

Not sure yet. It makes sense to design a new one for the new season and maybe mention that he is a Two-time Olympic Champion :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

6 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I'm so happy  for everyone of you guys! I have no chance to attend any competition this year :cry:...but I'll try my best next year! 

Question: somewhere I read that PH has a banner. Is there any photo of it? Is the banner displayed during competitions...or do we keep a low profile?? I'm just curious :biggrin:

Yuzuangel also loaned her banner to me during the Olympics. It was shown (along with a lot of other Planet Hanyu fans' banners) in Japanese newspaper.

17 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'd love to go but i can't take any vacation days this year. I already asked for the GPF days but a year in advance via a special arrangement with my boss (completing a ton of work a month before i leave...):13877886: I'm planning on buying tickets for 4CC, though...

We will see you in Vancouver!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:03 AM, yuzupon said:

In the context of what my post was about, it was just a reminder that if you say Yuzu wasn't an elite skater when he moved to TCC, you imply that what Nanami-sensei did with him was not as great as it was.

Good grief.

:3:

I haven't responded previously, but seeing multiple pages of discourse on this, I just want to clarify that I was responding to Micaralis (sorry misspelled). Her definition of elite was if you are expected to medal at every event. In that vein, I don't believe Yuzuru was a shoo-in for a medal at every event prior to his WC Bronze breakout which happened a few short months before he moved to TCC. 

I didn't follow Yuzuru back then (or Men skating much). I have no idea who's in the conversation as far as the elite field. He wouldn't have made US news because, you know, it's the US and they frankly don't care about Men until these 2 seasons.

My comments had nothing to do with Nanami-sensei or her work with Yuzuru. There's no doubt she formed a great foundation that helped sculpt him into a great skater. On the same token, she's not his only teacher. He learned jumps, spins, and basics prior to her. Let's not erase those coach's existence either.

Yuzuru might have been part of the elites in Japan, but I don't think he was elite level in the world before moving to TCC because A) he was only 17 B) Just won his first WC medal after a breakout season C) he was an up and comer, but not quite top of the tier at that moment. I guess my definition of elite would be top 6 rank in the world and gets to skate in the final group of men. +/- a few elites who might have been ranked lower due to previous injuries. Just my take on it. I mean if he was already ranked top 6 by the time he skated at his first WC (SP, not long) I'll revise my estimation on his previous elite status.

Different people have different definition of 'elite.' Let's leave it at that.

Can we calm down now.