General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I think my level of cringe was even bigger than Alina's, I kept closing the broadcast because of that cosplayer, and then it seems I even missed the skaters with the puppies because the cringe was too much to handle :')

just no please :')

The one good thing is Kozuka's face in this picture. Exquisite mastery of the absolute minimum polite "smile"... Almost a smirk, yet totally not :goe:

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

OMG  what  a  cringe fest!  Alina is  not   being  subtle  at all   with her reaction,   I  wish  the  other  participants  would  be  too. When  Nobu  does  "him"  it's  sweet  and funny , but  this   OMG.  I almost  puked

4 hours ago, icecreamy said:

In contrast to this chocolate ad I really think he should do a commercial for fast food and drink. It’d be natural to dip French fries in ketchup - super easy, no brainer, and no worry about weight gain!

What about clogged arteries?

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

Wow I cringed so hard too...I'm loving Alina's reaction, LOL

I mean, this guy could've tried to be a little bit more accurate at copying Yuzu, but he just flailed around like an idiot it almost looked disrespectful? 

Actually can someone explain what is supposed to be funny about the cosplayer? He was presented to the contemporaries of the person he is mocking, with the joke being...??

If it's a "so bad it's good" thing then I hate this even more:yznotimpressed:

Sometimes the imitator is even presented to the person being imitated. I just hope Yuzu will never have acknowledge or fake a laugh in front of this guy.

It's like TV media is like, Hey we can't get Yuzu on variety and TV. How about lets give those opportunities to his imitator?

I used to not care but increasingly I don't like this guy because it belies all the hard work Yuzu does on ice and as well as the work his team does to protect his image, but the guy's just reaping everything Yuzu sowed. Plus Yuzu doesn't even like when his close acquaintance Nobu imitates him, so what does that mean about this guy?

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

What about clogged arteries?

Moderation is the key bro, if I manage to put whole chunk of chocolate in my milk every day topped with sugar and marshmallows like that, diabetes will soon knock the door :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

17 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Around 2:44 after he puts the cup into the microwave, he's asked himself 'What can I do in 1min 30sec (the microwave cooking time)?' He said 'I could do all the elements (of my program) of the 2nd half'

He's also said his sense of timing (of his own movements like jumps, spins, etc) is quite accurate in the sense he can judge how many seconds he needs to perform those elements. You can see it from his comments, he's always thinking about skating or something to do with skating. His brain is switched on permanently to skating channel.

He's also said he liked  to watch cooking programs for hours. So he knows what's required for cooking and he's probably decided to distance himself from actual cooking based on what's involved. He's weighed skating and cooking and skating was far more important for him.

It makes me laugh that these people criticising him for not being independent just because his mum does cooking, etc for him.

Oh well, I'd say to them to go and skate then make & break WR for 12 times. And also get 2 consecutive OGM and 4 consecutive GPF  & JPN title and all the other amazing things that Yuzu's achieved and influenced. Oh and you have to start at least the age of 15...

More or less, people with great achievements have some sort of flaws. If that flaw is very minor, like in Yuzu's case, inability to cook, then people making it a big deal should realise how pathetic their argument is. I always had this understanding that to be super brilliant in one thing, you can be really dumb at simple things. Universe has to work out the balance of brilliant and dumb in some ways. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Also Yuzu's having inability to do certain things makes him a real human. If he's achieved all these things and also he's a master chef and F1 driver then I'd seriously doubt if he's a human!

As a sheltered Asian myself who's still living with my mom even though I technically shouldn't be, I don't find it all that surprising for Yuzu's mom to be doing all of the cooking, daily chores, etc. It's also not surprising for Yuzu to not be able to cook as I can't either and I'm a girl (and generally girls are expected to go into the kitchen earlier). It's a cultural thing, but for Asians to live with their parents until they're in their 20s is not abnormal. Westerners might find that strange, but it's really not if viewed from an Asian perspective. 

And I totally agree with what you said about brilliant people failing in things we'd consider easy or ordinary. There has to be some sort of balance, so if you're super good at one thing, you will have to 'compensate' by not being good with other things. Yuzu certainly isn't the only case. They say super talented people are always different in many ways from the rest of us :4:

8 hours ago, wingman said:

Poor Yuzu, they only gave him one cup after all. They should have given him 5 cups, so he could show his creative toppings. 

It occurs to me, though, that being a commercial they might have had multiple takes and if so this might have been Yuzu's best idea out of several. 

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

It occurs to me, though, that being a commercial they might have had multiple takes and if so this might have been Yuzu's best idea out of several. 

This makes me imagine the other takes :laughing:

Take 6:

Yuzuru: *drops the whole sugar bottle in the cup* ops! Well, if you have a sweet tooth... this will work for you! *commercial smile* :peek:

18 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, as someone who was very sheltered until the age of 26 (although I think in some ways, Yuzu is more independent than I ever was in that period) and who was forced to become independent when my mother died, I really hope Yuzu goes independent while it's still a choice. Also, a lot of people think of it just in terms of money and cooking and cleaning etc. That's not it at all. With enough money, he can hire a maid to do all of that for him for the rest of his life. (It's funny how it always ends up him I give an example, but Yoshiki is 52 years old, has been living away from home since he was 18 and he can't even crack an egg.) The sheltering one gets from having one's mother take care of everything so they can focus on school or, like in Yuzu's case, skating as well, is a lot more than that. It's psychological as well. In many ways, the mother is a shield between the real world and the child. It's not even something specific, but losing that shield can make one feel completely lost. I went through severe anxiety and it took me a long time to learn to be independent. And I'm not even fully so, by normal people standards, because I still live with my father. Of course, there are people whose parents live until very old age, and Yuzu's parents are Japanese, so very likely to do so. I don't wish what happened to me to happen to anyone, ever, let alone someone I like. But from my own experience, being sheltered by one's mother is about a lot more than cooking and cleaning and providing financial security. And because I know how hard it was for me to suddenly lose that shelter, I hope Yuzu can more slowly and on his own terms step away from it.

Like @liv said, it made perfect sense while he was gunning for the second gold. Now, it would make sense if he would slowly take steps to move away from it. Especially since he will probably need to start growing more as a person as well. I adore Yuzu, but aside from his obvious mental maturity - as revealed by his interviews and comments - he still seems to be a child in many ways. His life seems to have been only skating, studying, then gaming and music for relaxation. And like I said, it made sense, and I'm sure it played a big part in his success. But he'll probably need to move along at some point. Whether that point is now or not is up to him, of course. And his family. And maybe it'll never come. And that's fine, too. It's his life, not mine. It also won't affect how I think of him, not as a skater, not as a person mature beyond his years, in many ways. But an independent Yuzu who fully takes care of himself would add an extra layer of cool for me, to be honest. lol (I also tend to think he would be just fine at cooking if he really went for it. I tend to think anyone can be a decent cook if they try and follow instructions. I hate cooking and don't think I'm any super talent, but I still managed. And Yuzu is much more disciplined and ambitious, so I'm sure he'd do fine. lol)

@KatjaTheraI hear you: my brother in law has always lived with my mother in law  and so she took care of him (laundry, cooking, etc) and so he really did not have to do much at home except work, eat and sleep. [LOL I think it's a variation of the salaryman adage that there are three words a salaryman says to his wife when he comes home late: "Meshi, furo, neru (food, bath, bed)] Anyhow, she has become more frail  and now, as a grown man, he has had to learn to do his laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. And believe me, it has not been easy.  So I can see why you think it's a good idea to become independent as a choice and not because of an incident. This includes the psychological aspect. It is kind of you to share your perspective and experience. :)