General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Volleyball player Ishikawa Yuki talking about Yuzu?

I don't know much about him, but according to this news clip, he is an ace for the Team Japan and is going to compete in the world championships in this September. He said he sees the WC as the touchstone of their competitiveness in the international field. He recently graduated from university and turned pro, and during the time of change he got inspired by Yuzu at PyeongChang.  He said Yuzu's performance was amazing and praised the way Yuzu performed majestically, saying he felt Yuzu's will in his performance. He also said that he thought that after all, winning a gold medal looks nice, and he wants to play in a competition which decides who will win the GM. (He did not say it clearly but he probably meant the OGM, not just a gold medal)

1 hour ago, enno0287 said:

I get the term 'organic' thing to Yuzuru. But I don't get this 'javier bases his skating in a formal capacity'. Can someone explain this term for me?

My guess (and how I interpret that personally) is that while watching Yuzuru skate makes you feel like he's born to skate, as he does every movement so naturally, like it's within him, with Javier you get the feeling he's been polished and refined and he has 'constructed' his skating skills 'above' his character, instead of pulling the skills from within himself. 

I wouldn't say Javier is the only skater with this characteristic though. On the contrary, I'd say most skaters skate that way, while Yuzuru is the only skater, right now, who has the ability to be so natural on the ice, you have no idea of the endless effort and practice behind that wonderful performance. 

In short, everybody looks like they're trying hard, and few succeed in incorporating figure skating movements into their own character (from the top of my head I'm thinking Patrick Chan, I'm thinking Deniss Vasilievs), but with Yuzuru it's unbelievable how there's no effort at all, beauty and speed out of nowhere, skating like it's what he does since birth. 

27 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

This is like...No...just No.

This cosplayer only care for replicating the look. I think many of us can imitate Yuzu's knickknacks behaviours and body language better than this guy.

31 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

OMG! Poor Alina looked so confused over the Yuzu cosplayer! :20111123175551f36: (I feel the same... it was funny at first now it's a bit... cringey?)

Ewww to him, too. I mean Alina's face explained a lot to me.

:13877886:

40 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I'm waiting for the day this cosplayer stops being a thing :2:

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I...am  not sure why he thought adding shaved white choc on top of marshmallows dunked in hot choc is a good idea tho. Like, I never got why my dad thought adding chili pepper flakes after drenching his pizza slice with hot sauce is a good idea, either. Why the overkill? The ginger Hanyu decided to add last, for the most part, was a good idea but the honeyed part of it probably made the already sickly sweetness turn into a terminal one. I'll admit, I couldn't help but make a face when I watched him sip all that.

I think it's because he *needs* to add in all this stuff for the advertisement. (Imagine if he just went: oh this is yummy, I just have it plain thanks, no topping).

Poor Yuzu, they only gave him one cup after all. They should have given him 5 cups, so he could show his creative toppings. 

The whole thing is hilarious, I've never seen this before. :LOL: I wonder if they usually put in a whole bar of chocolate for hot choc in Japan? I would just put three pieces or so. The whole thing is way too sweet already!

His voice is so.... manly at the beginning (thanks to contrast with those three girls). And I love his blank look: "What am I going to do. What am Igoing todo.   (Umm... what's the script?) I'm going to make hot choco! ........ (um... now what do I do? Oh thank God there's voice over instruction. ) (stick it in the microwave) (phew! I'm done. Back to skating...) 

2 hours ago, katonice said:

It was breathtaking :tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg:

2 hours ago, enno0287 said:

I get the term 'organic' thing to Yuzuru. But I don't get this 'javier bases his skating in a formal capacity'. Can someone explain this term for me?

He seemed to be grasping for words and couldn't find an exact match, so he ended up with this clunky phrase that's almost meaningless... I think he's drawing a parallel to Javier only because he was the closest competitor there, but the main point is how Yuzuru is on another level and this performance captured that. 

Kind of like trying to compare a fireball and a snowball: OK they share a form (ball = skating), both are perfectly shaped (well trained, highly skilled), but there is still no comparison! Snowball will never be a fireball and vice versa.

Or maybe pretend that skating = creating fire... Yuzuru the fireball can do this without even trying, it's his nature. His challenge is to contain and control the flames, while Javier is just a regular human being who had to learn how to build a fire, light it with a spark, and keep it going, etc. 

Got chills watching that video!