REPORT: Lim files complaint against Bell: alleged bullying, interference

Disclaimer: We have only heard from Eunsoo's management agency about this so far, so take everything with a grain of salt. Keep speculation to a minimum! Thanks!

https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190320205655077

Apparently Eunsoo Lim and Mariah Bell collided in practice today, resulting in Eunsoo's leg being cut and her being in enough pain to leave practice and seek medical attention. She was in pain and had muscle damage but resolved to skate anyway. Korean media reports that Eunsoo and her management company ATS filed a complaint saying that Mariah did it on purpose. An ATS rep was there to observe the incident and claims that Eunsoo was at the boards and not in anyone's way and Mariah was behind her when her blade hit Eunsoo's leg, thus they claim the collision must have been intentional. ATS reports that Eunsoo feels Mariah has been interfering with her practices and bullying her for months. The rink allegedly knows about Mariah's behavior and has separate their lockers, practice times, etc. ATS has asked KSA to file a complaint with USFSA. 

There are many sources from Korean media about the complaint. My summary above was paraphrased from this tweet thread, which includes translations and links to sources:

Is this is true, these are serious allegations.I hope USFSA takes these complaints seriously and investigates the situation. What a terrible situation all around :(

Shame on Mariah for going all Tonya Harding on Eunsoo.

Adam Rippon has sided with Mariah on Twitter based on him visiting the rink a couple of times and not having witnessed any bullying. I’m very disappointed in him. He has been so outspoken about bullying and I can’t believe he’s now defending an alleged bully :3:

Korean media are not the most trust worthy. I won't believe anything if there are no proof. The only thing i know is that months ago, Eunsoo and Mariah were happily posting pics and videos of them together on instagram.

I hope this situation is investigated and appropriate action taken. Until then, persons not directly involved (that means Eunsoo and her representatives, Mariah and her representatives, and Raf) should refrain from pointing fingers or jumping to conclusions. Given that Eunsoo is a minor and possibly a victim of bullying, I think it’s especially important to refrain from making speculation or allegations towards her. I hope she can recover from her injury quickly and is insulated from the media firestorm. The pictures of her injury were heartbreaking :sadPooh: 

Regardless of what happened, internet harassment is not an appropriate remedy. 

2 hours ago, AKC said:

What did you read?  What was your impression?

Just the translations above, nothing more. 

I can't say that much about until there's a clear prove. So far these are allegations, but if they turn out to be true then there should be a very serious investigation + consequences.

I think the matter should stay between those who are directly involved in it. Adam Rippon should stay out of it now imo.

I saw that with Adam Rippon.  He did a similar thing on Twitter regard his friend Coughlin who was suspended pending investigation of sexual abuse claims.  His bias - he choreographed the Mariah Bell SP we just saw - is evident.  I completely agree that the matter should stay with those who are directly involved.  A full independent investigation is needed to get to the truth.

1 hour ago, AKC said:

I saw that with Adam Rippon.  He did a similar thing on Twitter regard his friend Coughlin who was suspended pending investigation of sexual abuse claims.  His bias - he choreographed the Mariah Bell SP we just saw - is evident.  I completely agree that the matter should stay with those who are directly involved.  A full independent investigation is needed to get to the truth.

What Adam said left a bad impression. He called the news just a clickbait.

This is a New York Times article back in 2009 that mentioned Yuna Kim’s warm up incident. Wonder how the media will approach the issue this time. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/sports/othersports/27skate.html

“At Four Continents, when she suggested that Japanese skaters intentionally stymied her warm-ups, her fans rallied to her defense. The Japan Skating Federation said there was no intentional obstruction. But Kim’s compatriots steamed.”

Yuna took gold and Mao took bronze in that competition. 

7 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

This is a New York Times article back in 2009 that mentioned Yuna Kim’s warm up incident. Wonder how the media will approach the issue this time. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/27/sports/othersports/27skate.html

“At Four Continents, when she suggested that Japanese skaters intentionally stymied her warm-ups, her fans rallied to her defense. The Japan Skating Federation said there was no intentional obstruction. But Kim’s compatriots steamed.”

Mariah is USA skater. It will be called accident and that's it.

Spoiler

The thing is, I don't see pictures of Mariah looking concerned/apologizing on those injured Eunsoon pictures which is strange. Normally, after any accidents and collisions on the rink there's always lots of apologies and making sure people are Okay.  Also, Eunsoon is staying out of the way by the board's, that's a strange location for a collision / accident. So right now I'm inclined to believe Eunsoo's agency.

*This is so sad be cause I like them both. I was rooting for Mariah at US Nat's. I hope this is somehow just an accident or misunderstanding.