General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Well, Johnny, the Fanyu community loved you bc you're one of Yuzu idols and he loves your skating but you managed to change this in one night with one shitty comment! Congrats! lol 

I've done some work in social media management so I'm seriously fascinated watching this unfold. I tweeted at him much earlier and my mentions have been blowing up since, so I just checked and hours later he's STILL getting dragged :english1:  I'm sure he never expected this one comment to blow up like this, but I also can't say I feel too bad about it. People are constantly saying annoyingly stupid and/or incorrect things about Yuzu or using him in one way or another for their own gain, so I'm kinda okay with watching someone actually get held accountable for it for once. 

It might sound strange, but I feel that this stellar score from Nathan and the hype around him is the absolute best thing that could happen to Yuzu at this point.

Whenever someone put his GOAT status into question, Yuzu fired back with a new WR or Olympic Gold.

We all remember his reaction to Boyang's TES records at NHK '15...

We all remember Barcelona 2015, where Yuzu got angry about the 'Javi! Javi!' screams from the crowd before his free...

We all remember his resurrection in Helsinki, where everyone has written him off after his 5th place in the short...

We all remember is comeback after injury in PyeongChang...

There is no more dangerous Yuzu than a really furious and provoked Yuzu :laughing:

(I can see his murder face in Origin already...)

I am disappointed in Johnny Weir...you can commentate and appreciate Nathan's skate without mentioning Yuzu( who is injured and in recovery) in such a negative way.  

I hope Yuzu is not hurt by his comments.

lol....who am I kidding?  I think this is backstabbing pure and simple.  With love like this, who needs enemies

Yuzu is one smart bean, I'm sure he'll not be offended on what Johnny said during US Nats. And with Adam nipping at his heels, Johnny cannot really afford to be less patriotic toward US skaters either. Thus I kinda ignore that comps and its commentary. I'll admit there's some worry that Nate's inflated scores will prevail during Worlds, but should that happen then I'll fully support Yuzu if he decided going pro. ISU doesn't deserve him.

Well, but the showdown is still two months away. At this time I can only counting down the days to Worlds and pray that Yuzu will be fully healthy by then. Watching several performances last weekend really reminded me how much I miss the boy and why. 

Is it bad that I don't believe Brian when he says he doesn't know whether Yuzu is practicing jumps yet? Surely he knows what is going on at TCC... I'm feeling mind games and secret mode on :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg: (it is not a bad thing just to be clear, I'd rather have Yuzu able to train in peace than deal with everybody's expectations) 

I watched Nathan’s skates last night on YouTube and to be honest, the skates are pretty good?  I know the scores are quite inflated (LOL at the 10s in PCS) but it was definitely worth 200+ for the free and 100+ for the short, given that he skated the high technial content clean and the jumps are actually quite good? (Not worth +5 GOEs but I think more like +3 and +4).  So, in my opinion, his SP is not better than Yuzu’s COR performance but his FS is better than Yuzu’s Helsinki performance.  

However to put things into perspective it would be expected because Helsinki was Yuzu’s first GP this season.  If Yuzu had not been injured and had been able to practice properly, I am sure his programs would also be almost perfect by now.  Even at COR, his FS was looking pretty good (performance-wise) and if he wasn’t injured there, he probably would have gotten a 210+ FS there.

I don’t know what Johnny said though...maybe people are over-reacting a bit though?

At the end of the day, there is no need to be bitter coz, who’s the one who’s got 2 OGMs :winky:

4 minutes ago, holina said:

I don’t know what Johnny said though

Something alone the lines of "nobody can beat this, not even Yuzuru".  It's the best I've seen Nate skate honestly. Pretty drastic difference from the GPF. But I do think a  2017 Worlds H&L Yuzu could compete with that with fair scoring. We'll see at Worlds I guess.  Yuzu just needs to focus on Yuzu.  

It isn't only a about yesterday's comments though. I still remember all that Johnny has been saying since the 2016-2017 season. For me personally yesterday's comments were the final straw.
Of course Johnny is entitled to his opinion but what I don't like is how two-faced he is and how he only praises Yuzuru when it's convenient for him.
About you guys saying "he just likes Nathan better", yeah his comments would be understandable if he were a Nathan fan but have you forgotten about the Olympics SP? I remember how cruel NBC commentators were to him and how they completely turned on him after he got 17th place.

My own 2-cents take on the Weir controversy is that, at the end of the end, he is an adult and he knew perfectly what he was doing. He knew that he would upset a lot of Hanyu  fans by bringing his name into it. He knew that he was playing the nationalistic propaganda game by selling the overscoring (though Nathan admittedly did skate very well, maybe his best ever). Weir is not a complete idiot. Regardless of his reasons (NBC paycheck? politik? true patriotic bias? only he knows), I'm sure he understood what would happen. So, while I will never encourage angry storms on social media, I'm also not feeling sorry for him about the backlash. He knew it would happen and chose to say those things anyway. His recent tweet just adds fuel to the fire. Honestly, worse things have been, and will be, said by commentators about Yuzu. I'm a bit disappointed, but I don't think it is worth that much attention (which has to be, at least in part, the intention of these comments) and I'll move on to happier thoughts.

hace 15 minutos , ruruzest said:

The first tweet is spot on but I don't agree with the narrative that "Nathan is suffering the most from all of this". No. The ones suffering the most are the skaters who aren't rewarded for their skills and work and have to watch him get uncalled URs, unjustified +90PCs and +5GOE (nationally and internationally) just because he's the favorite American.